• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Woo hoo! My first pin boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo! My first pin boards!

sayshelen

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
After collecting for about a month, I finally went to Michael's today to buy some cork board and a couple of frames. Unfortunately the board is too thick to use the frame's backing :/ So, I jerry-rigged it all with some rubber bands (janky) until I find a better solution. I was just so excited to get my keeper pins out in the open! They have all been sitting in plastic bags shoved away on a shelf. Now they get to breathe and see the light of day. :)

iDAHy-5XpUihf3djI86Q-JMlrLcwT0GGn8zaJgtjeimjROuIDnoPltGA9KYk7BN2-g_jRAteEdPZizZoXZ7YBgMzYQ=s512

Left: my foreign-language pins; Right: my German-themed pins (There are a couple on the left-hand side. More are coming. :D)

McRQY9BP2-MGHyxyn7YNDQkbBdBIm4Phd3cumKAjw6Bh_MZYNDTRfCAz2EMbAcjGzgHf6hL4T2FGAOC3EzQoSIj_9g=s512

Upper left: My Disneyland nostalgia pins; Upper right: Disney mothers; Middle right: POMH pins (I have a better idea to show them off once I have a couple more.); Bottom row: DH pins :)

I like your themes! Foreign language pins - great theme!

I love it too! I have a yen for foreign languages (well -- foreign to ME ... I am keenly aware that, to some, English is the foreign language, not Arabic/French/German/etc.!). I grew up in LA and studied Spanish there for quite a while, then went to college for opera performance and studied French, Italian and German there. (Ended up doing a minor in German because I was so enamored of the culture and art.) My husband studied Arabic for a short while in college, so when I saw the 'Habibi' Language of Love pin, I just loved it. And so began a fun theme! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back