• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Would it bug you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it bug you...

Mali

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Right now I am trying to decide if I want to purchase a doll without a COA...I'm trying to decide how much it would bug me. I do just leave them in their boxes on display, but I would know it wasn't there! This doll is about $60 cheaper than what she normally goes for. So my question...would it bug you if you knew there wasn't a COA?

It would me as my friend that's a CM told me she could sell me Rapunzel cheaper after the Designer Princess Release, but I declined knowing she was just the display . Totally up to you though .

Right now I am trying to decide if I want to purchase a doll without a COA...I'm trying to decide how much it would bug me. I do just leave them in their boxes on display, but I would know it wasn't there! This doll is about $60 cheaper than what she normally goes for. So my question...would it bug you if you knew there wasn't a COA?

I agree. If a doll has no CoA because it is not a numbered doll, and not because the owner just lost it, then chances are that it is either a display doll that a CM was able to purchase after the doll promotion or it is a stolen display doll. In both cases, I wouldn't buy it, because buying stolen goods is promoting crime, and Disney CMs are explicitly told to not resell Disney merchandise and again that is supporting rule-breaking, which could have impact on the CM's employment with Disney.

Now if the person can prove that it is a regular numbered doll where the CoA just went missing, that's another story. The dolls are actually imprinted with their corresponding CoA number on their lower back, so you can tell if it is a legitimate release doll or not (DRJ1828 has taken some pictures that highlight this feature). Of course if the doll is still boxed, that would be hard to show, due to the fact that you have to take the doll out of the box to inspect the authenticity.

But it's true that the decision ultimately is up to you. Which doll is it? There are instances where some display dolls exhibit slightly different traits than the final release dolls.

I don't think it would matter to me. If it's a display doll, isn't it already de-boxed? That is, taken out of it's box first and then put back in? If you're one to get 2 of each doll, one for display and one to keep mint in box, it seems like it would be cheaper to get a display model.

I dont think it would really bug me,If it's a doll I really wanted and at such a good price I'd definately go for it.I dont keep my dolls COA anyway since every single one of my dolls,collector or not,I take out of package and display.But if your a collector that keeps everything inside the box I'd think about it,you could have the doll in your hands but it could continue to bug you knowing she's without a COA.

No Li, the Designer Princesses would have been in the box .

Ah, nice to know. ...hmm, if the doll was significantly cheaper, I'd go for the one without the COA. But be sure to write down the provenance of the doll (like whom you got it from, etc.)

Actually, I thought that the display Designer dolls were auctioned off to the CMs with a raffle? So those ones would not have CoAs, in essence, correct?

Yeah, from what I understand, after the doll promotion ends, the company usually allows the CMs to purchase the dolls and they use a lottery/raffle system for the CMs who are interested. These dolls will be in their boxes and with no CoA. In any case, they are still bound by Disney's rules to not sell Disney merchandise on the secondary market. If they give it away as a gift, that is their right, of course, but they are not supposed to sell it.

I believe this is the same doll I saw on eBay, it is the 17" long haired rapunzel correct?

Yeah, from what I understand, after the doll promotion ends, the company usually allows the CMs to purchase the dolls and they use a lottery/raffle system for the CMs who are interested. These dolls will be in their boxes and with no CoA. In any case, they are still bound by Disney's rules to not sell Disney merchandise on the secondary market. If they give it away as a gift, that is their right, of course, but they are not supposed to sell it.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that! Well, the listing I'm looking at claims that the CoA was "lost" (not to say this is the same listing). I think its kind of funny, how does one "loose" something that's so securely placed in the box? o_O Very suspicious indeed.

That's a really bizarre situation. For most, I would probably say pass and wait to get one with the COA at a decent price. But then again, if I came upon someone selling a LE Snow White like that for cheaper, I'd probably buy her in a heartbeat. lol

I opted not to go for that particular doll, I would love to have a coa, I lucked into both rapunzel dolls for a reasonable price ($25 over retail for each) I'm ecstatic and can't wait for them to arrive!

I opted not to go for that particular doll, I would love to have a coa, I lucked into both rapunzel dolls for a reasonable price ($25 over retail for each) I'm ecstatic and can't wait for them to arrive!
Are you getting the LE blonde and Wedding Rapunzel? If so, I guarantee you will love them!
These dolls were made to be displayed not stored away in a box, so don't worry about the lack of COA after all it's just a number. (Maybe you can check on the doll's back to see if it's on there? I've not looked on mine so maybe others can advise if that's the case)

ACTUALLY They just can't mark UP the item. Buying it at what ever discount and sellnig it at the same price or lower is okay. They cannot however buy at discount and resale at retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back