• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Would You Still Trade With This Person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would You Still Trade With This Person?

Michimaro

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About a month ago, I had arranged to make a trade with someone from overseas and I was so excited because I really wanted the pins this person had to offer and it was my first online trade ever. Throughout the trade discussions we both messaged pretty consistently and communication was smooth.

However, once all the trade details were complete and I requested for us to exchange mailing addresses, this person stopped replying to my messages. I message this person a few times and I knew he could see the messages because it was shown as "read" and he was still actively posting on the FB group where our trade initiated from.

All of a sudden today, this person messaged me again saying my pins were ready to be mailed. I am totally like huh??? What?

So ...I guess my question is would you guys trade with this seemingly flaky person?

Maybe you should ask why they disappeared, making you think they lost interest, and then show up asking to complete a trade you were sitting on for however long.

After that length of time, it's kind of odd that he would suddenly email now without any mention of the time that's passed. I wouldn't make the trade unless he has a good number of references.

After that length of time, it's kind of odd that he would suddenly email now without any mention of the time that's passed. I wouldn't make the trade unless he has a good number of references.

As much as I want the pins this person has to offer, my gut feeling is kind of a no on this one. I wouldn't want him to flake out on mailing my pins if I mail him the ones he want.

+1. if they had some live issues get in the way, I wouldnt be worried about it.

I honestly wouldn't have minded or worried about it had he offered an explanation for his disappearance. It was just his nonchalant attitude that didn't really sit well with me.

Hard to say. I am absent minded at times myself, as I had a trade worked out last week, thought I e-mailed them back, and didn't, and they e-mailed me today thinking I was not wanting to trade anymore. I mean, a few days is one thing, a month is a little much though

oh boy..im a go with my gut kinda girl, and its always right. You should have to work this hard for a trade. you poor thing.

Quick update: He asked me for my address ...again as if nothing has happened. I told him I am no longer interested in trading since he just disappeared for a month and didn't even want to explain why.

I am sad I lost out on those pins he had to trade but I would rather not risk mailing him pins and have him disappear again.

Thanks everyone for the input. Your advice really helped!

Quick update: He asked me for my address ...again as if nothing has happened. I told him I am no longer interested in trading since he just disappeared for a month and didn't even want to explain why.

I am sad I lost out on those pins he had to trade but I would rather not risk mailing him pins and have him disappear again.

Thanks everyone for the input. Your advice really helped!

next time tell him it makes you uneasy so if its OK would he mind mailing your pins first? if yes than you are covered and you don't have to worry, in no than you might have saved yourself some woe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back