• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Would You Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would You Trade?
Whenever, you have a bad feeling - like this one - walk! And don't look back. Those gut feelings are usually RIGHT ON!

So, now if I go to the parks and pick up trader pins (which I do) then I guess I have to take a magnifying glass and bubble wrap with me so I can first inspect the pin and the wrap it. Because you know when they put pins in their bags they rub together and well, you can't guaranteee what will or won't happen to that pin in the bag!

Too much of a headache to me!

I've had the same reply as well and I recently traded a vinyl pin to someone(no major scratches at least to the naked eye) but once he got it he complained that there were some small scratches on it which ruined the pin so I offered to trade back. Like Iamdisnydan said some pins are traded around and have a few love marks on them and vinyls are definitly ones that are traded around a bit. And this one was a lotso pin, pretty much right out of the package so if there was anything they must have been very small! If they are going to be that picky I wish they would tell you right up front at least like the person mentioned at the start of the thread.

Obviously the consensus is that you did the right thing by not trading. I am very easy to trade with and as a lot of you know I have done my research on scrappers and counterfeits but nobody can know every pin, and we have mentioned and I have posted about how good counterfeiters have gotten.

Too many people jump to conclusions and think they have a scrapper for a minor flaw. Believe me there are plenty of flawed Real & Genuine pins on the racks right now. I have never had it happen but in the event I acidentally sent a scrapper or bad pin, if the person communicated I would gladly take it back and trade something else because that is what I would want if it were the other way.

I appreciate when people let you know up front that they are not sure of a pin. I had a trade where the person had a pn max really wanted but they thought it may be a scrapper. Because they informed me of this, we altered our trade fairly so regardless, each of us was happy with the trade, but if I had traded the original pin I may have been dissappointed.

COMMUNICATION! Thats all there is too it but like Tabbi and others have said, its a hobby. I am not selling a picaso or rembrandt or something or a flawless diamond, its a pin and even on the rack, it is rubbing on other pins. Perfect mint is a tough thing to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back