• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wow did I screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow did I screw up
I don't have a story of missing pins (yet, and fingers crossed I don't have one) but I have a story... Just before christmas me and the girls from work all took our daughters to watch Disney princess on ice. I took a black bin bag to work full of Disney princess dresses for them to pick princess dresses for their daughters to wear (I have twins and we have a lot of the princess dresses) after watching the show they gave me the dresses back and I had the bag full of them in the boot of my car for weeks.

On Christmas eve I thought I best take them out of the car ready for taking the Christmas presents to grandmas on Christmas day. I put the black bin bag full of dresses at the bottom of the stairs. In the new year I was putting toys and stuff away in the girls room and I noticed the dressing up rail was half empty and went to get the dresses and could not find them. After days of searching I realised much to my horror they had been thrown away in the trash / recycling with all the gift wrap and boxes from over Christmas. That has been collected and was long gone. We put the bags by the front door and my other half put them all out on bin day with the bag of dresses because they were all in black bin bags.

I called the trash depo and they said their was no chance of finding them. So we had thrown away...
Sleeping beauty dress with cape
2 enchanted wedding dresses... These were brand new!
2 belle dresses one yellow and one Christmas
Snow white dress
cinderella dress
tinkerbell dress

All were official Disney dresses and it still pains me to this day that they got thrown away! I hope you find your pin if not you might feel a little better knowing my story! Lol

Ok, I have a story, too. Not pins, but something irreplaceable. Here in Montana, we have a couple of sapphire mines. My daughter and I go a couple times a year to mine for stones. She took a stone that was almost a full carat (after being faceted) and a trilliant of about .25 carats and had a pendant made. It was done over the Christmas holiday while she was home from college. It turned out that the jeweler placed the bale in the back thinking that would look better. Unfortunately, with it in the back, the pendant wouldn't lie flat, so we took it back to have it altered. Meanwhile.... daughter goes back to school.

Pin gets finished and I pick it up in January of this year..... It's in a small 2x3 inch manilla envelope. Daughter wants me to send it to her at school.... can't find it. Did I throw it out? Did hubby throw it out thinking I was leaving trash all over? Months go by.... no envelope.

Last week..... guess what turns up!!! Mom is now out of the doghouse! :hsd: Boy was I relieved!

So don't lose hope! It may turn up, yet!

I had this happen with a Cinderella cameo. It was when I was still in college, I'd get the mail and throw it in my car on my way to school. It sat there in an envelope for a long time, then I moved the stuff to the trunk so I had room for people to sit. After that I never saw it again. :( I tore the trunk apart looking for it, but it must have gotten thrown out one day when I was cleaning it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back