• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wow i got a cast pin trading award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it really shocked me as well as the trade this person and I worked out wasnt for anything big it wasnt even a LE but I did agree to the trade even though what he was offering I didnt really want and he really wanted the pin. I guess good deeds are rewarded :)

View attachment 983
Pin 50066: WDW - Cast Pin Trading Award 2006 - Top Dog Pin Trader (Stitch)
Class:Disney Pins Origin:Walt Disney World Type:Cast Member Limited Edition:No SKU Number:Unknown Original Price:Gift Released:2006 Retired: Categories:Award; Feature Film; Series; Sparkle/Glitter; TV Show/Series Members Trading:26 Members Wanting:71 Coolness:Unranked Creator:leblanc1966 This pin is awarded to Cast Members by leaders who observe a Cast Member enhancing the Guest's Pin Trading Experience. The recognition is spontaneaous and is for Cast Members in all lines of business who participate in Disney Pin Trading.
The pin was created for 2006 and features Stitch, from Walt Disney's Lilo and Stitch, centered in a blue circular band with "Top Dog Pin Trader" in white lettering along the top edge of the banner, and "Walt Disney World" along the bottom edge. All this is centered on a golden sparkled 5-point star.

The pin is not available for sale and is only given to Cast Members by Cast Members.

Congratulations! I got one of those also when I did a trade. The man I traded with worked for Disney, but not in the parks. I was shocked when I opened the envelope and though he had made a mistake with the trade (got the wrong names and addresses on the envelopes). Was my first experience with someone passing on Disney magic with a trade (zap). I have since, hopefully, passed some myself along the way, not as nice tho as his was.

I havent decided whether or not to trade it think im gonna hold on to it for awhile and when i run across something i really want or someone who really is kind i will pass it along

I can shed a little light on to that, only from Disneyland not Walt Disney World. When I worked in East Side Stores, any hourly CM or Lead could fill out a little slip of paper about another Cast Member and how they pin trade with the guests. The prize at Disneyland was a lanyard like the cast members wear with your name on the back (yours to keep) and sometimes you were awarded a pin.

Once a month, the managers would get together and look over all the papers that had been written and pick a winner for that month.

I ended winning the July 2007 one in my area, and got the cast lanyard for the summer Mickey's Pin Festival of Dreams with my name on it, and my mananger gave me this pin:

pin42570.jpg

Just a little insight from my getting a pin trading award. I'm not sure how they do it at Walt Disney World but that's how I got one.

Last edited:
Wow, feel honored about getting an awesome pin. I don't know if WDW still has any "Pin-service" awards. The only thing similar to that is with Guest Service Fanatic Cards, which were given out by coordinators/managers for outstanding service. Recipients were entered in a monthly drawing in your home area for an award/prize but it wasn't exclusive to just pin trading.

Hey Tabbi,
As far as I have been told and I know SimbaNala was a cast member and I thought he would mention this, but I was told by a family member who works for the park that they make 120 of these pins each year and award 10 a month. They are not numbered or marked because they are not for sale and exclusively for cast members.

Walt disney world does in fact do the same program. Lizzie has one in her collection and of course it is Dalmatian themed. They are very special pins. I traded for Lizzie's and once I got it was curious about it and did some research. Personally, I like to keep stuff that was for cast members only. Here is lizzies in the pic below.

And I would think because you like Stitch that this would be an awesome keeper for your collection. certainly one to keep on the card too:

Bottom right is hers and I like the play on words "Top Dog Pin Trader" They all say that but this one is actually a dog. (What is Stitch anyways, dont tell me a dog.....lol)

pins 021.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, Tabitha, on getting that pin. From what I understand, it's supposed to be a fairly difficult one to acquire and I would feel honored to have received it. :)

What is Stitch anyways, dont tell me a dog.....lol

Stitch is a dog?!? I always thought he was a cash cow ... . :lol:

Nice one Dancecats!
He is like the fab 7.
He is on every form of advertising somewhere in the ad doing something.
Why him?
I guess WDW has figment and we have Stitch.
Personally, I dont get it but I do have a couple of pages of him only because he trades well/

So he is a cow? lol

:) I think you should keep it. Zaps are very special, and that's such a nice pin. You should keep it as a reminder of that person's generousity. I've kept all my zaps so far. *Hugs those that have zapped her*

I saw a CM at Old Key West store being awarded one of these pins couple years back. The manager made a little production out of it saying a speech and gave her the pin. We clapped for her and I was excited for her, I think I was more excited than the CM. It was fun to see.

I have one! Congrats Tabbitha!!! I am a great believer in karma, I read a post recently where Dan was so thankful for your most amazing zap. When you throw some good out into the universe, it always finds it's way back to you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back