• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Best or Worst PinPic Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Best or Worst PinPic Reply
I got a request today for my LE300 that is very popular in exchange for their HM that has a scrapper alert on it & the note sent was "Im new to this, how does this work?" Obviously Im not going to make the trade, but I do want to respond & not come off too harsh since they are new to trading. I'll of course recommend they come over here to read all the great advice on this forum & try to explain nicely that a HM that has a scrapper alert on it is not a good offer on a DSF LE 300. Usually when I get an offer like that, I dont respond because I hate telling people NO & people get sensitive when you turn them down.

I had someone send me 3 days in a row different requests for my pin & when I wrote back & said Id like to make the trade, they wrote back & said they had already traded that pin, then a few days later they sent me a request again offering the same pin they said they had already traded! I've taken alot of the HMs off my wants list because that seems to be where I get the most uneven requests & with so many of them being scrappers, Id rather take my chances on CM lanyards for those.

LOL, I was worried for a sec there. :) All is well.

I totally feel your pain weRsiamese. I think I only have 2 HMs on my Wants list now, both Cheshires. People offer them to me constantly, but they're always wanting something in return that I just think is too much. I will still always respond though, even if it's the same offers from the same person.

I really dislike the whole "I'll pass", and that's their entire message. I can handle a "No, thank you." But the whole "I'll pass" seems a little on the rude side. :/ It's like I am offering them a vegetable they don't like.

I usually get those. Sometimes, from international traders (I write that I prefer to trade in the US, but that doesn't mean I won't trade internationally), I am told to go through all my requests, look at email addresses, and delete those not in the US.

One, the person listed a pin on their trades list and has said that he/she (not sure of gender) prefers to trade it in person because it isn't exactly perfect (maybe some light discoloration?) So, I wonder why it's listed on their "trades" list in the first place but don't ask :)

For Hidden Mickey pins (and the ones I know I'm offering that aren't the same "value" as the one I am seeking), I will always say I am willing to trade multiple pins :)

Last edited:
I actually received this one in a TA I accepted...

"Ha Ha, you just missed it, better luck next time."

I was like, wow, really??

The best response I ever got was this

"Hell no thank you. Cheers"

I wrote him back, and he apologized. He meant to write "Hello No thank you. Cheers"

What a difference an "o" makes.

One, the person listed a pin on their trades list and has said that he/she (not sure of gender) prefers to trade it in person because it isn't exactly perfect (maybe some light discoloration?) So, I wonder why it's listed on their "trades" list in the first place but don't ask :)

I have a couple friends who are in situations like these. They're largely just looking to arrange trades that they can execute in their respective parks, so as to keep the other trader completely informed about the transaction. Unfortunately, Pinpics offers no way of ensuring a "locals only" list of trade partners.

JC - Oh gosh! That's awesome. That probably wins the thread so far. ^_^

-JD

I wrote him back, and he apologized. He meant to write "Hello No thank you. Cheers"

That's hilarious. He couldn't spare 0.7 seconds to proofread two sentences? :doh:

Best. Response. Ever. :rofl:

I've never worked thru pinpics and this thread really scares me to! Not that I have anything to offer anyway but i know I'd likely get all the rude responses :lol:

someone wanted me to trade: Pin 29178: Disney Auctions - Easter Lilo & Stitch (Stitch w/ bunnies)
for their
Pin 53779: TDL - Find Stitch! (Hana Hou!!) Pin Rally Collection (Stitch as Tiki) Gift

I didn't think it was a very fair offer to ask for an exchange of an LE 100 for a gift pin...infact, I think alot of trade request (not on this board) are dreamers who think if someone has a pin posted on their want list it automatically means they'd give anything to get it. I usually respond with "no thank you", or "No, thank you" or Thanks, but not interested". It seems that many people want to trade up for their down pin and that is why I seldom do trades anymore. Now, if anyone would ever offer me Ariel on the Carousel DA LE 100 or Art Nouveau Ariel Le 100 for my Stitch with Bunny pin, I would trade in a heart beat...

Now, if anyone would ever offer me Ariel on the Carousel DA LE 100 or Art Nouveau Ariel Le 100 for my Stitch with Bunny pin, I would trade in a heart beat...
... but then it would be unfair for that person. The Carousel has twice as many Wanters, and the Art Nouveau pin has half as many Traders.

Now of course, I wouldn't think either of those would be a totally unfair offer, but then again, I don't think the offer that he or she made to you is completely unreasonable either. It is extremely rare to find an exact perfect trade (matching sources, original price, edition size, and T/W ratio). Most trades are lopsided on one side or the other... it just depends on how badly each person wants each pin.

I'm sure the person that sent the request knew there was a low chance that you'd except the trade, but it was probably the most comparable pin he or she had, so he or she decided to give it a shot. They probably thought, "Hey, it never hurts to ask, right?"

Or maybe he or she expected you to reply with something like this:

"I'm sorry, but I'm looking for one of these two pins for this trade:
Pin 36939: Disney Auctions - Art Nouveau Jumbo Pin (Ariel)
Pin 23954: Disney Auctions - Princess Carousel Horse (Ariel)
If you ever come across one of those, let me know!"

Last edited:
someone wanted me to trade: Pin 29178: Disney Auctions - Easter Lilo & Stitch (Stitch w/ bunnies)
for their
Pin 53779: TDL - Find Stitch! (Hana Hou!!) Pin Rally Collection (Stitch as Tiki) Gift

I didn't think it was a very fair offer to ask for an exchange of an LE 100 for a gift pin...infact, I think alot of trade request (not on this board) are dreamers who think if someone has a pin posted on their want list it automatically means they'd give anything to get it. I usually respond with "no thank you", or "No, thank you" or Thanks, but not interested". It seems that many people want to trade up for their down pin and that is why I seldom do trades anymore. Now, if anyone would ever offer me Ariel on the Carousel DA LE 100 or Art Nouveau Ariel Le 100 for my Stitch with Bunny pin, I would trade in a heart beat...

I'm going to use pook-a-lu-le as an example, because I run into this quite a bit here. Sometimes I will click on someone's wants and find that I have something they want. In this case, I have an open edition Stitch pin that pook-a-lu-le wants. But when I click on the trades, I see a lot of HTF, low LE stuff. So if I wanted to use Pinpics to try and offer my lowly Stitch pin to pook-a-lu-le, the only thing I can do is send a very uneven trade request. Here, I could explain the dilemma via PM. But it's hard via Pinpics to get the idea across that "I have something you want, and I want to trade, but you don't have any similarly valued pins to trade." Normally, it's person with less valuable stuff wants more valuable stuff. But it can go the other way too. Someone wants less valuable stuff, but only has valuable pins.

Now of course, I wouldn't think either of those would be a totally unfair offer, but then again, I don't think the offer that he or she made to you is completely unreasonable either.

I don't remember saying it was a "completely unreasonable offer" or even "a totally unfair offer" - I said I felt it was not a "very fair offer". The Stitch pin I had cost $79.99 when originally purchased and the one he was offering me was given away free. And, I'm not sure exactly what he was expecting me to reply either, but he received a sincerely intended polite "no thanks"...

Last edited:
My best? My very first trade was with a guy who's name was poohs hotstuff :p (i think lol!!!)
He knew I was new to pin trading online and gave me so much information and was extremely helpful.
I will always be thankful to him :)

My worst was probably a no, because i've either been ignored or had people explain in a very nice manner why they had to decline the trade :)

for their

Haha, I was like that at one point.
I used to want
and remember looking through everyone who had this pin's want list to see if I can get one of those pins for the Zazu one.
One day I came across
on a cast lanyard while at DLR and got it and traded it for my which still makes me sad to this day that I did that, because was such a noob :p
The next day when I woke up I logged onto Pinpics and made the trade...I waited for days and became discouraged every day that they didn't bother to send a reply.
Now I know why LOL!

< (Now a Proud owner of this Zazu pin :D )

Edit: 30th post!!!! Wooo!

Ok, this is a DPF response not a PinPics... they wrote "I found it!! I will send it to you the second I get it, would you like it gift wrapped with a special note or something?" then I wrote back "wow that was fast you are awesome I have been looking for that pin for months, she will love it. What do you want in trade for it?" They responded "oh I don't care I just like helping people find their grails" so I picked out two good pins from their wants list and sent to them...

By the way, it was gift wrapped with that special note and it made a certain cupcake very happy...(thanks for all the help Brenna)

Even better, I was returned zapped by the wife with the Ellie and Carl as kid pins, my grails!!!! In the end I scored big time on the entire thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back