• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Best Pin Acquisition of 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Best Pin Acquisition of 2011?

eeyorespal

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Now that we're down to the last day of the year, and all the 2011 trades and purchases are behind us... What was your best pin acquisition of 2011?

It could have been a holy grail or finishing a set or just a pin you have been chasing for a long time.

Look back, think it through....and post here so we can all enjoy one last vicarious huzza with you! :hsd:

Finally receiving this very hard-to-find pin was definitely my pin high for 2011:
pin777

And this pin is in the 2011 second place for me:
pin30694

Gosh, I completed so many sets that I had started over the years that it's hard to pick just one. Maybe this one

pin2969

Runners up are:
pin2769th72
pin263th72
pin5547th72

And my most recent pin, because it gets me down to only needing 3 Wilderness Lodge pins
pin58169th200

[pinpics]88037[/pinpics] Thanks to gbdb4ever, I have one of the coolest looking Great Mouse Detective pins in my collection. ^_^ Definitely my favorite pin from 2011, by far.

ALL of my pins are 2011 acquisitions! lol. This will be tough...

Best purchase:

This was one of the first pins I saw that I HAD to have. I never thought I'd have it in my hands so soon. <3

Runners up:

1) This is just a really awesome pin. I love it!
2) I'm so happy I have this one, it always makes me laugh. Because it's a LE100 I never thought I'd get it.
3) This one's a little special becuase I had to call up DSF to get it. I have this crippling fear of talking to strangers over the phone so it took me two days to muster up the courage to make the call. I ended up getting the last two they had.

Best trade:

This one took me several tries with TA over about a month but I finally succeeded. Whoo~!

Runners up:

1) I thought I'd have a hard time getting this one but I got it on my first try using TA! I love the colors in this one.
2) My first Scrooge pin. This one amuses me because of the real ducks. I must get the rest in the series!
3) I don't really collect Stitch but this one was soo beautiful I had to put it on my wants list and I couldn't pass it up when it was offered to me.

Thank you so much to everyone I purchased from and traded with! My collection wouldn't be what it is without you! <3

I would say in this order, these were my 3 biggest acquisitions of 2011

#1 - Pin 53709: WDW - White Glove - Remember When - Mickey Mouse - 25th Anniversary

pin53709

#2 - Pin 43761: Disney Auctions - New Year Resolutions - Be More Generous (Scrooge McDuck)
pin43761

#3 - Pin 38533: Disney Auctions - Spring Cleaning (Scrooge)
pin38533

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back