• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your worried about Disney not listening truth is your not listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your worried about Disney not listening truth is your not listening!

Tr8dWitMe

New DPF Member
Rating - 85.7%
10   2   2
The first 100 Guests will be selected through a random drawing to have the chance to purchase:

- One $199.95 - One $74.95 - One $39.95
- Two $15.95 , $15.95, $15.95 , $15.95 and $15.95. Buying the max offered is $474.35

A second group of 50 Guests selected can purchase:
- One Alice with Mad Hatter Figurine $74.95
- One Tea Party Jumbo pin $39.95
- Two Logo pins, White Rabbit pocket watch pins, Cheshire Cat pins, Drink me/Eat me pins and Mystery Collection boxes. $159.50
Buying the max offered is $274.40

A third group of 100 Guests selected can purchase:

- One Alice with Mad Hatter Figurine $74.95
- One Tea Party Jumbo pin $39.95
- Two of the Logo pins, Cheshire Cat pins, Drink me/Eat me pins, Mystery Collection boxes each. $127.60
Buying the max offered is $242.50

The final 250 Guests selected can purchase two Mystery Collection boxes. $15.95
Buying the max offered is $31.90

Grand total $474.35x100+$274.40x50+$242.50x100+$31.90x250=

$93,380!

So the next time you say Disney doesn't listen or not giving you up to the minute information. Trust me THEY DO HEAR YOU RANT AND RAVE!

Could you explain a little more? I'm a bit confused as to how the amount of money they're making has to do with Disney listening to people's opinions/rants.

And wow, $93,380 is a lot to be spent in 1 day on pins!!!!!

Disney makes the pins, collectors around the World want it. It could be an LE 50 or an LE 5000 or even a "limited release". If Disney puts out a new release, someone will want it and it does not matter how long it will be on the shelf, it will eventually sell. So as many members here and other forums rant and rave that Disney is not listening, trust me they hear everything. That is what keeps them making pins. Hey when is this comming out, I don'd know do you and it goes on. Have you ever seen a commercial or a billboard stating "hey Disney is putting out a new pin"??? Nope, it is all word of mouth and a little web site with upcoming pins. What other business puts almost zero to promote and gets this type of return? You have seen lots of suggestions of what members want in a pin to look like or ideas for the exact design? Has Disney done any of them? NO. As for me, I am just waiting to finish my want list and when my new want is going to be posted. :)

And think, they are in the business of selling off their counter. Not second hand boards or web sites (only recently selling on an eBay store). Only collectors are worried about the second market (including scrappers). Think of it as a car dealership. They sell it to you once and make a new model. They dont care about what that car does after its off the property. oh, they do sell you after market parts (ie pin bags, lanyards, backings ect). get the point?

As you see, its midnight and i am board so just want to start something. :)

Last edited:
Hey you saved me a bit of math work with the totals! :D

I don't know that they listen so much,more they just continue doing what they see sells.They see the easy money on pins,so they pump em out knowing they will keep selling,
It's all good either way,so long as they keep putting out pins that are worthwhile :D

I would GLADLY spend the $474.35, unfortunately I live all the way in GA and won't get the opportunity. Personally if they are just offering a buying opportunity they should do the whole thing online, then ship you the items you want based on what group you wound up in. Then EVERYONE would have a fair chance at getting these pins.

I would be willing to pay the $474.35 but I live in lonely, hot Florida. I would spend that and more to get these pins. I wish they would offer an online RSP that everyone could get a chance at the pins. Disney listens but they only hear what they want to hear.

AND your numbers only include a Mystery Box, not a set of those pins. So you have to buy more than one box and hope to trade off for what you need. Granted Disney makes money, but isn't that the point of being in business? I would want a business that made money.

Last edited:
Could you explain a little more? I'm a bit confused as to how the amount of money they're making has to do with Disney listening to people's opinions/rants.

And wow, $93,380 is a lot to be spent in 1 day on pins!!!!!

+1

Yeah....I'm still not seeing the relevance here as to whether Disney listens to us or not and how we aren't listening.....isn't making much sense to me. Maybe I'm slow today! :madhatter:

+1

Yeah....I'm still not seeing the relevance here as to whether Disney listens to us or not and how we aren't listening.....isn't making much sense to me. Maybe I'm slow today! :madhatter:

+1 how does that have anything to do with disney giving us quick answers to questions asked over and over again?yes disney makes money off us thats obvious,i think what people get upset about is how much we spend at the parks online and at events; and when we have a question about whatever it is we are buying we dont get an answer for quite awhile.that is bad customer service.disney is all about good customer service when comes to person to person,i wish they would have that same outlook when it comes to behind the scenes...or computer in this case.just my opinion.

Okay.... Imagine if disney had international online pin events!!! Wouldn't that be awesome?!? Although it seems to me that they found the perfect ratio of amount people will/can spend in an amount of time to keeping some psychological value to these LE's. hmmmmm...

I vote for online pin events. It would be WONDERFUL to enter and RSP and know if you won that you could get the pins without ever leaving the comfort of your home. It's getting hard for me to drive up for just a day and buy pins and all the really great pins seem to get released in CA. Then we could just know we had just as good a shot as everyone else. YEA!!!

Nothing saying they can't have LE pins, just some win and some don't, but you have a chance.

I vote for online pin events. It would be WONDERFUL to enter and RSP and know if you won that you could get the pins without ever leaving the comfort of your home. It's getting hard for me to drive up for just a day and buy pins and all the really great pins seem to get released in CA. Then we could just know we had just as good a shot as everyone else. YEA!!!

Nothing saying they can't have LE pins, just some win and some don't, but you have a chance.

I like the way you think! I would love that.

Tr8dWitMe said
So the next time you say Disney doesn't listen or not giving you up to the minute information. Trust me THEY DO HEAR YOU RANT AND RAVE!

I honestly have no idea what this means and what brought this on by your statement. I am not the only one confused here. What is it that you are trying to tell us?

You also say,
Disney makes the pins, collectors around the World want it. It could be an LE 50 or an LE 5000 or even a "limited release". If Disney puts out a new release, someone will want it and it does not matter how long it will be on the shelf, it will eventually sell.

I have to strongly disagree here. You are right in that a pin may be on the shelf a long time, but it will then go to other stores like the Character Premiere stores and sell for as little as 49 cents. I would not say this is successful for Disney. You then say that they are only recently selling on an eBay store. Are you referring to the Disney store online? Because if you are, they have been selling there for over 10 years. And Disney Auctions held their auctions for pins online also, meaning they do not only sell off their shelves. After saying this to you, I am still wondering how quoting a bunch of numbers and saying that Disney hears us is a valid or even a sucessful point.

In another post, we have heard the news of WDW changing the pin trading nights to having them only quarterly, instead of every month. So many pin trading locations have disappeared from WDW alone that it is hard to understand how Disney is listening to the fact that traders have no place to trade anymore. Can you give us some facts where you can prove Disney is listening, since you started this post.

PixieDust said
I would GLADLY spend the $474.35, unfortunately I live all the way in GA and won't get the opportunity. Personally if they are just offering a buying opportunity they should do the whole thing online, then ship you the items you want based on what group you wound up in. Then EVERYONE would have a fair chance at getting these pins.
I totally agree with you. This would make more sense to me. Then you and Margaret would have a chance too. They did the drawing online just to make it more organized and easier for them on the day of the event. I do not see the great benefit to those of you who do not get to go either, and think that those that know they cannot attend should offer their place to those that can attend.

Last edited:
+1 and then some. I wasn't sure either, but at least we voted for online RSP events:) Maybe they don't have any proof just speculation like the rest of us.

I would love to be able to get pins from DSF. They seem to have some really cool ones, but they are generally LE300. Kind of hard for me to justify coming from NEw Orleans for a pin. Online RSPs would be awesome.

You know, about a year ago, we were told that DSF would be available to everyone and selling their pins online also. We could not believe it and were thrilled to hear this. So one day we called them, and they told us it was true, but that they still needed more time to get set up. Now I do not know if they still plan on doing this, because an entire year has passed since then.

If they do that though, they should probably change the LE to 500 on some of the pins. Just a thought there...lol

I will say that Disney knows how to market their pins. It's been years since pin trading started, and they've learned a few things here and there. There's no need to advertise a bunch for an event because they know the fans will spread the news around. Just some posts on their theme parks blog and disneypins.com is all that is needed. With all the different outlets (forums, podcasts, pin meet-ups), the information is spread quickly and we all know about the release within the week! In a way, we, the pin collectors are the best form of advertisement for their pins. Think about it, how quickly did the post for the Alice event pop up? The RSP just assigned people what group they were in, and the thread is already 13 pages long! Same with Sci-Fi Academy. I'm sure we all already know what is coming out and we've discussed it with each other in the chat. It's like Disney pin trading has taken on a life of its own.

As for online releases, that would be nice, maybe like the Disney Auctions way of doing it, LE's to be released this day and time, at a buy it now price. I miss that. Of course, I don't miss the bidding on those pins. People went crazy with that.

Remember that if you want DSF pins, all LE releases are available for mail order by phone 2 weeks after their release. While some items do sell out before then, it's a relatively small portion that do so. In addition, some forum members (like me!) do free DSF runs for active members as well, which helps fill in the gaps and ease nerves that would otherwise be stressed by the 2 week wait. :)

-JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back