• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapped by timeerkat - a true hero!

ZAPPED! Zapped by timeerkat - a true hero!

NutMeg

The Nefarious N.M.G.
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Last week, the lovely timeerkat won my Ariel auction with her bid of a Megara ProPin. Her package arrived today, and I was so excited to open it up and add another installment to my favorite character's pin board. Little did I know there was a surprise in store for me...

U75WVcF.gif

It turns out that I would be adding not one, not two, but three new pins to my collection! Apparently timeer felt our trade was a bit disproportionate (the auction was for a rare Ariel pin with a high trade ratio) and so she threw in a couple of extra zaps to even out the supposed imbalance:

kAFjYuU.jpg

I'm so touched by her kindness and generosity! I personally didn't find the trade unfair at all. I went into the auction hoping to receive a Meg pin that I didn't already have, and that's exactly what I got (nor did I have the film pins - in fact, I almost bought these a couple of weeks ago!) I don't collect Ariel, so the pins I have of her aren't particularly valuable to me, even the rare ones. On the other hand, anything with Meg or Esmeralda - even the OEs, ProPins and Sedesmas that other people may find worthless - are some of the highest ranking on my wants list.

What I find so awesome about the pin trading community is that everyone is searching for their own favorite characters, films, and themes; value is completely relative. And it's so wonderful to see people helping each other complete their collections with zaps/pick-ups/etc. There's a real team spirit to it. I love to see posts about random acts of kindness like this, so I really wanted to share this one and inspire others to "pin it forward."

A true hero isn't measured by the size of their pin collection, but by the strength of their zaps! ;)

Again, thank you so much Tessa! I really hope I can return the favor. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your wants list!!

p2kvMt6.gif

Back