12/5 - Rapunzel - Castle Collection (#5)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by DisneyJ, Apr 4, 2020.

1. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

It’s hard enough getting to checkout with the collectors/traders/sellers/bots trying to get what you want at that particular moment of sales, now we will have the casual purchasers putting their names in a whole days span to add to the overload of buyers! Nice work Disney. But our chances are much better buying at inflated reseller prices. Do they actually pay people to make these decisions? I want that job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haunted575 likes this.
  2. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

And don’t worry about the frames for the set that you didn’t get yet, there will be plenty for sale by the time this is over. How many of us do you think will get the full set??

3. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

I also feel like, IF Disney has improved their backend system, they have the opportunity to prescreen entries to remove duplicates. And I mean duplicates of ANYTHING, including shipping/billing addresses even if the email on the account is different. We will never know for sure, but I think THAT could put a crimp in the bots. They don't have infinite mailing addresses. (Sorry, @DisneyJ. ;) )

Daylily and slbrabham like this.
  4. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I read the conditions and it had a line that read
    “Only one individual at a given address or household may have their entry/entries selected and have the opportunity to purchase selected item(s)) in this Promotion”

From this line, it made me think that you can register or enter as many times as you want under as many email addresses as you have. However, it appeared (to me) that only one entry at the address of delivery would be drawn. If Disney has a system in place (like @Addicted to Alice Pins wrote) to stop selecting an email entry once a specific address has been selected (regardless of the number of email entries), then I think this route will give people a chance against the bots. If the line is just a bunch of words and multiple entries to the same address are selected, then it’s going to be bad for people who just want one and great for sellers.

This may encourage traders who normally wouldn’t want to deal with Star Wars May the Fourth and MMMA series-like craziness (people like me) to enter the drawing for this pin. They could be interested in buying one to trade which might mean people will be able to (hopefully:rolleyes:) trade for it easily.

It really depends on the address more than the email accounts in my opinion.

5. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I agree. Maybe the big delay in the release was to improve their systems.

Cheshirecat26 likes this.
  6. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

That’s tough for you. I wish it didn’t exclude cast members. Maybe you can trade for it. :)

7. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

I commend Disney for at least trying a different release option. If the problem we’re facing are bots and resellers, then this sounds like it may be the best option to get the pins into the hands of real collectors. I mean, isn’t this what the bigger pin events do anyways?

This way, you don’t have to waste your time waiting in a queue and dealing with the stress of online releases. I’m sure Disney employees will enjoy not having to troubleshoot all the issues they’ve been having with their online queue as well.

I guess the other question is, what other option does Disney have? Almost feels like a “damned if they do, damned if they don’t” situation.... If they keep the virtual queue but figure out a way to block bots, we’d still deal with resellers and people casually trying for the pins. People would still have to wake up early and may potentially waste their time if they don’t get the pin.

In theory, this sounds like the least demanding/inconvenient option for pin releases. Will suck if you can’t get one, but at least you won’t waste your time in the process.

8. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I believe the fine print has been updated to not exclude cast members.

DisneyJ likes this.
  9. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Does this help @chubs191?

chubs191 likes this.
  10. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

Oh yeah! I took a nap after I found out and only posted it in one group.

11. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

This looks similar to what DSSH does with their online (and in person) releases. But instead of lining up an hour before to get your random number, you have a day to do it. Doesn't seem that terrible to me and maybe a fairer/better way to handle the crowd/high level of interest?

12. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I agree completely.

slbrabham likes this.
  13. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

I also hope that they stick to the one pin per household rule, that way even if resellers get an opportunity, they are only able to do so once.

I mean, in theory it shouldn’t be that hard to follow. The address/account you use to pre-register is the address you MUST have the pins sent to. That way, any duplicate orders from the same address can be cancelled before shipping, and those pins would be open for the next person “in line”.

14. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I like this idea because it seems like it’s a way to combat the bots purchasing so many items. I’m with @mybabykelly on this.

mybabykelly likes this.
  15. Daylily

Daylily Member

0   0   0

I agree that this seems like a positive development. It's not perfect, but I'd much rather enter a raffle and have a fair shot at getting a pin than continuing to battle with bots and/or not getting the chance to buy pin sets at all because the releases have been canceled.

slbrabham likes this.
  16. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

When you start the MerchPass selection process - it tells you how many of each product is available.

ENTRIES CLOSE JULY 14, 2020
    Arendelle Castle Collection from Frozen

Select the drawings you’re interested in entering to purchase items, then submit your entry below.
    This early access drawing closes at 11:59 PM PT on the date above.

[​IMG]
    4953 AVAILABLE

Frozen Castle Light-Up Figurine – Disney Castle Collection – Limited Release

$149.99

[​IMG]
    958 AVAILABLE

Frozen Castle Ornament – Disney Castle Collection – Limited Release

$29.99

[​IMG]
    9263 AVAILABLE

Frozen Castle Pin – Disney Castle Collection – Limited Release

$29.99

[​IMG]
    2713 AVAILABLE

Frozen Castle Puzzle by Ravensburger – Disney Castle Collection – Limited Release

$24.99

Safety Warning 1

[​IMG]
    3768 AVAILABLE

Frozen Castle Journal – Disney Castle Collection – Limited Release

$24.99

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    wonderbywonder and Story like this.
  17. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    280   0   0

Submitted requests... and now to wait with the hopefulness of Judy Hopps ...
    [​IMG]

splashmtnman, Ajk and DisneyJ like this.
  18. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I want the pin and my mom wants the puzzle so we both entered for both. If we both get selected for anything, we’ll happily coordinate with anyone here who wants something and misses out for the extra one. Looking at the numbers, we’re probably more likely to end up with 2 pins rather than even 1 puzzle.

DisneyJ likes this.
  19. Haunted575

Haunted575 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

I want both pin and puzzle if you get an extra.

I have signed up for both also so just keeping my fingers crossed!

DisneyJ likes this.
  20. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

Kudos to Disney for making that MerchPass so straightforward. Let’s see how the rest of this goes.

timeerkat, Story, Haunted575 and 2 others like this.
  21. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

How do you enter your email on the form? It doesn't ask for it.

22. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I assumed it was going off my ShopDisney account login.

mybabykelly likes this.
  23. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

You have to log in to your account first. Or if you got an email, you can click the link in the email.

Here’s the direct link from their website: Disney Castle Collection | shopDisney

Make sure to log into your account first, and then you should be able to enter.

24. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

ShopDisney looks like they have turn over the reins to someone else in regards to the LE pin or Product releases.

CSM Sports and Entertainment, Inc (MerchPass) is running the drawing. Lets see if they have the expertise to eliminate the bots and duplicates.

If so I can see them running all the pins for the cancelled events (20 yr Epcot pin event, Holiday Parties etc.)
    I sure the pins were made in advance, they need to move forward with them..

WOW: Frozen Castle Pin – Disney Castle Collection – LR 10,000
    The puzzle (3000) is a better collectible

wonderbywonder and Purplemandms like this.
  25. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

The Disney Castle Collection
    10 releases celebrate the storied spaces of our beloved heroines, featuring never-before-seen portrayals of their enchanted dwellings. Each series includes a high-end figurine and other products inspired by each castle. Live in the magic by collecting them all!

[​IMG]
    Series 3
    The Imperial Palace from Disney’s Mulan

Available 9/4 starting at 7AM PT

[​IMG]

Get a FREE Exclusive Mulan
    Lithograph Set

with Any $50+ Purchase
    Code: MULAN
    Available 9/4

wonderbywonder likes this.