1997 Villainesses Pin - Factory Prototype

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Robert Larson, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Robert Larson

Robert Larson New Member

0   0   0

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum and just wanted some help regarding a pin that has been in our family for 25+ years. It's the large 1997 Villainesses pin one of 500. However, this one is a Disney factory prototype that was not numbered. It does have all the right marking but the number is blank ( /500). Just wondering how I can determine a value for it. It is a very good condition. Thank you in advance.

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Use a free photo sharing website to upload a picture here and maybe we can help

3. Robert Larson

Robert Larson New Member

0   0   0

Not much of a computer guy...I can e mail a pic.

4. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

yeah, no one's likely going to provide an email address.

Do you have FB?

5. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

If you have the Tapatalk app, it’s really easy to upload pics to the forum.

6. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

Hope I can gives some input on this pin. As a Villains collector, and someone who was at the 1997 Disneyana convention, and has this pin, I think I can add something to this question.

First, you have a BEAUTIFUL pin in your possesion. I have the framed version and its one of the best pins I have acquired in over 19 years of collecting.

The Auction site we all are familiar with has it listed for Sale ranging from $425 to $1,569.95 (personally, if I really wanted this set I would MAYBE pay the lowest price since I believe it went for $100 at the Convention). NO SALES or OFFERS, as far as I can determine.

PinPics has 1 person Trading the pin, (#18430 & #49040) and about 103 looking to get it.

My opinion, unless you are a Villains pin collector or possible "AP/PP" collector it is going to be hard the sell the pin. But who knows throw it up at a reasonable price and someone might go for it. I assume you are not a pin collector and have no interest in Trading it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  7. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

figment919 likes this.
  8. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

It's sitting with a couple of OBO's including a $375 OBO that no one is going for, so likely actual frame value is probably $250-$300. Problem is no one ever figured out if this is just a pin out of its frame and none are numbered or if it's a genuine prototype, since there are seemingly no differences between the out of frame version (this one) and the framed version and it's not noted as being marked AP or PP.

I just wish these older pins weren't made in a way that they all yellow as the years go by - so many of my oldest pins that were made like this one, including this frame, suffer from that. :(

figment919 likes this.
  9. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Here's a pic from the auction site so we know:

[​IMG]

figment919 likes this.