#2 - Stitch Crashes Disney Monthly Series (LATT)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by DisneyJ, Dec 18, 2020.

1. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0

Agree

2. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Nope. I was helping out a friend trying to get the pin and plush. He got stuck in the waiting room for 15 minutes and while I got in right at 10AM (East coaster) and could see the pages I couldn't add anything from the Stitch collections - tried other non-limited items too and nothing I tried to add to my cart would register. This was across 2 browsers too. :(

3. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It's still on the website if you haven't purchased the item, we purchased one about an hour ago.

4. Mimachan

Mimachan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Pins are starting to arrives from European shops and the quality is pretty bad. I'm going to send back and ask refund

On a French pin group, it's pretty much the same. A lot of pin are losing their paint. [​IMG][​IMG]

Envoyé de mon STK-LX1 en utilisant Tapatalk

krand1276 and watzshakinbacon like this.
  5. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Thank you for sharing.

6. Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington Active Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

The trouble with postage in Europe is that if you order one pin it gets sent out in a standard bubble envelope(This pin has no other protector and is just on a backing card). They send via the cheapest postal service(Hermes) so many get damaged en route. I have found that if you order something else(even if it's just one mystery box) they will use the next size packaging which is an oversized box with lots of internal packaging, so far never had an issue. Personal view on the pin is it's better than the image in the original advertised posts, but won't be bothering with the series.

7. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Disney Springs
    @DisneySprings

Mark your calendars...the new Stitch Crashes Disney! collection featuring "Beauty and the Beast" lands at World of Disney on Monday, Jan. 25!

Available while supplies last. #DisneySprings

8. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Pin still available online btw
    Bummer that this type of enamel can crack, I'd be pissed if I got one of those...

9. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    148   0   0

I went to DTD pin store Tuesday 1/26 and the Stitch pin was nowhere to be found. CM's also had no idea about it coming there.

10. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    148   0   0

Went to the WOD store today. CM said that they did have the Magic-band, plush and pin on a display and that they sold-out in about 90 minutes on first and only day they had them.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  11. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0

Wow! That was quick. Thank you for the update.

12. Pinfun

Pinfun Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Were you just checking availability or were you looking to get the Stitch Crashes BATB pin? I got one, it’s in good shape but I don’t think we are adding it to our collection. Happy to trade or sell if you are interested.

13. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    148   0   0

Hi Pinfun, thanks for the offer but I went for a friend since Stitch is not in my collecting interest.

14. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

[​IMG]

Stitch Crashes Lady and the Tramp
    Limited edition Series 2 of 12 pin, plush & MagicBand.
    Launching on shopDisney 2/26 @ 7 AM & in stores 2/27 – Don’t miss adding this series to your collection!

*Series 2 will not launch on MerchPass

15. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Ugh - WHY? Just be consistent! It's not hard!

16. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

When demand is underwhelming, they drop MerchPass.

17. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0

Yes, the MerchPass seemed to be pointless with the low demand seen... at least for the pin. I guess the plush sold out pretty fast... although I was not paying a lot of attention to the plush.

BellesEnchantedRose likes this.
  18. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

If demand was so low, then why did so many people still not get awarded one tho?

krand1276 and momin.ator like this.
  19. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

I have always wondered this as well. I think they just make available a small number of what's actually available for MerchPass.

mybabykelly likes this.
  20. Mcgilligan

Mcgilligan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I think a lot of people tried to get it using multiple email addresses. They did not sell out and it was available on shopDisney for a while.

21. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

My guess is that signups for the first one were lower than expected but still exceeded the quantity they set aside for MerchPass.

So, hypothetically, there were 20,000 pins made; they set aside 5,000 for MerchPass and the other 15,000 would be for selling in physical stores and later on shopDisney. Then 10,000 people signed up for Merchpass. So only 50% of total signups would be able to get it through MerchPass, but the total MerchPass number was far lower than the total quantity of pins indicating a lower demand overall for the product.

22. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

It’s so silly that Disney does this... as it is, people already HATE MerchPass. It’s hit or miss for me. But why not just allocate 75% of the stock to MerchPass. If someone is spending the time and energy to sign up for a pre-order basically, you might as well reward them and give them a positive experience with MerchPass. Instead they shut people out and the frustration bleeds over into them not wanting the pin at all.

On the other hand, I feel like MerchPass has been used as a gimmick recently to make pins feel rarer or more in-demand than they actually are... when you aren’t awarded something on MerchPass it feels like it’s hard to get at that point, and maybe it motivates you to try to get it during the general sale on their website a little more. Disney is using psychology against us with this :p

23. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Yeah I know it was, I run a pin group through a messenger service called Telegram. A lot of my members wanted to get the pin, and some the plush. None of them use multiple emails, but no one in my group was awarded anything they tried to get. Then they tried to go to the mall, but missed it there. They scrambled to order them online once they hit, and then yeah we were all shocked that a week later they still had the pins.

Just reminds me of things like the Pluto key pins, which they also did via Merch Pass, again no one in my group got those after signing up, and yet they're STILL available in the Disney Stores at the mall...

24. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

What in the world?!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

25. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021