• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 "Couture de Force" Princess and Villain Figures [IMG HEAVY]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 "Couture de Force" Princess and Villain Figures [IMG HEAVY]

auroradawn

Corona Kingdom Explorer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello everyone!

A little collector's update here....
Not sure if anyone has heard of these yet, but later this year a new series of resin sculpted figures is being released featuring classic princesses and villains. The line is called "Couture de Force" and features characters in elaborate versions of their original costumes. Characters include: Snow White, Queen Grimhilde (Evil Queen), Cinderella, Aurora, Maleficent, Cruella, and Belle. I personally think that the villains actually look better than the princesses in this series, although I love the pastel colorblending and rosettes on Aurora's gown. And surprise surprise, Lady Tremaine was left out again.

fct_d9f5c80bcb87536.jpg
fct_6429b0ebcce2a12.jpg
fct_4ea6e6208e1229e.jpg

fct_f48df284d898fc1.jpg
fct_fafe07d6967ff48.jpg
fct_9ff820d1a72c3fc.jpg
fct_66f126d23d77a08.jpg
fct_54d9c841b801001.jpg

Snow and Belle have the prettiest faces, but I like the look of Aurora's gown best. For the villains, Maleficent is by far my favorite, especially since she's not wicked witch green and I love the details of her cape. Cruella and Grimhilde are also accurate and stunning though.
As far as I can tell, they are not limited edition, and at $65 each, they're a little pricey.
What do you guys think? And a lot of people have mentioned how cool it would be if Aurora's dress changed color or was a pink/blue combo... do you like this interpretation of it? What if a similar design were used for a 17" doll?

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing these! I know there are a few of these that I would absolutely buy, even at that price point!

For Aurora, I do like the mix of blue and pink... it reminds me of the final image in a Disney storybook anthology that I had when I was a child that did the same thing with her gown to show Flora and Merryweather's color battle. The train of rosettes at the back seem a bit random, and a lot more rococo in style than medieval, but it is pretty. Best of all, her hair is the way it should be! :) If they did translate this look on Aurora into her 17" LE doll, I would be perfectly happy with that.

To piggyback onto this thread, here are some more pics showing closeups of their faces. I apologize if the pics appear a bit large, as I am pulling these directly from Enesco's website. They really seem to have caught Queen Grimhilde and Maleficent on "good" days, as they seem almost nice! And the normally jovial Cruella de Vil seems very pensive, as if she we planning her next fur endeavor. I wish they did not mess up the coloration of Cruella's bangs, but I do love the black rose with the faux ruby and red feathers in her hair!

4031541_1.jpg

4031539_1.jpg

4031540_1.jpg

...And of course, the lovely princesses! I agree that I think Snow White is the lovliest of them all. :) At least Cinderella's hair is the more proper dark blonde and she has some silver on her gown. One thing: I wonder why Ariel did not make the cut?

4031542_1.jpg

4031544_1.jpg

4031543_1.jpg

4031545_1.jpg

Not a fan of Aurora's face, but her dress...I need that! And Maleficent and the Evil Queen look incredible.

Snow White and Belle's faces are perfect! But Aurora is my favorite I love her dress! They need to use that as the inspiration for her LE doll's dress it's so gorgeous. I can't decide out of the three villainesses who I like the most I am leaning towards Maleficent but they all look great. I would have loved to have seen Lady Tremaine, Ariel, Ursula and even Rapunzel and Mother Gothel included in this.

Does anyone know when and where you can buy these from? I just think they are amazing and already know which ones i want! Lol

Does anyone know when and where you can buy these from? I just think they are amazing and already know which ones i want! Lol

If anyone knows, please tell, I'm also interested in buying two.

As these aren't LE, how long do you think they'll be around for?

They don't by any chance sell these in WDW?
I'm picky about things like this, and would rather see it in person before purchasing, so if they were sold at WDW, I could pick both of mine up in August while I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back