• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

AURORA IN BLUE.... a girl can dream

and Rapunzel had a secondary dress... the lacy pink/purple end one with the corset back (like her wedding dress but in color)

I know she has a secondary dress but I wanted her original one to go with Snow White if she had any original dresses. LOL. I love Cinderella's pink dress. It was just so sentimental then those broads just destroyed it. Ariel's blue dress is ok or her pink dress since the blue one had more of a peseanty feeling to it. Her pink one had Princess Ariel written all over it JAJAJA. Belle in green is kewler than pink but if they had to do one, green LOL. If they did peseant line with Snow White in her rags, Cinderella in her maid dress, Aurora in her peseant dress, Ariel in blue, Belle in blue, Jasmine in either her disguise or the sexy red slave garb Jafar had put her in with the crown, Pocahontas in a glammed version of her basic dress or winter one. Mulan in her warrior suit, Tiana in yellow and Rapunzel in her regular dress since she cleaned and spent all the movie in it LOL. I think Aurora would be hardest to get.

Thinking about it now, I might just be able to be okay with a line that is inspired behind their secondary outfits, mainly because it at least gives justification to why they are dressed like that. I DON'T like the idea of Disney making a second line of DPs just for the sake of it, it wouldn't work. However, if they want the make it so that all the princesses have all their outfits in the movie made into Designer outfits, I could live with it, despite still preferring heroines.

I think the reason I'd be okay with it is because if they made a Designer outfit of Ariel's blue dress, Belle's blue dress, or TIANA'S BLUE DRESS!!! I'd be very happy haha

P.S. Snow White in her rags from the beginning could be made into a Designer dress...HIPSTER!!! lol

"P.S. Snow White in her rags from the beginning could be made into a Designer dress...HIPSTER!!! lol " That is a good one but it suits for more of a maid dress thing since they all had a maid dress at some point. I doubt that would be created but it would be cute. I liked her rags dress though.

AURORA IN BLUE.... a girl can dream

and Rapunzel had a secondary dress... the lacy pink/purple end one with the corset back (like her wedding dress but in color)

I would die!! I need that in my life!

As I ponder about the "surprise" that is spost ot come along, I realize how unlikely Heroines is. I LOVE THE IDEA but I don't really think disney pays attention to them as much as we do. Princesses time and time again have been their money maker so that is probably what they are going with but since it's a surprise, why would they spill the beans so early? It is preposterous to be couples when you think about it.

I agree, I think if anything we will be getting another disney princess line this year due to the D23 expo but I am still hoping that Disney will do a "heroines" line next year as I doubt they would be doing villains again. I also agree with the couple release, it just doesn't sound right to me, especially with the lack of interest in couples as highlighted by the slow sales and lower quality looking Merida and Elinor set.

About the couple theme, aren't we a little too focussed on the prince and princess theme? I don't know whether it is possible but i could easily see it being the princesses with their 'friends'. As far as I know, each princess has had friends in their stories, and I can see Disney go for an approach like that. Either way, I'm excited. I only have the Gothel and Rapunzel designer here at home, alongside Ursulla so I'm really looking forward to whatever comes our way for the little mermaid. Ideally yes, a box set of Eric and Ariel would be great, but I don't dare too hope too much.

Btw, can't be a heorine collection to incorporate Merida now. She's been inducted into the princesses line up. So if we're still of the belief they want to incorporate her into the collection, it'd have to be princesse again.

Btw, can't be a heorine collection to incorporate Merida now. She's been inducted into the princesses line up. So if we're still of the belief they want to incorporate her into the collection, it'd have to be princesse again.

Not necessarily. A Princess is still a heroine, in the same way that the Prince is a hero. So I think it would still be acceptable for her to be in that. It would be easier to incorporate her into that theme than a Couples theme.

Not necessarily. A Princess is still a heroine, in the same way that the Prince is a hero. So I think it would still be acceptable for her to be in that. It would be easier to incorporate her into that theme than a Couples theme.

Exactly. A heroine is really just a female hero and most of the princesses I would say are heros, specifically looking at those who saved people from danger (Mulan, Merida, etc.)

I do agree that Merida could easily fit into both a Heroine and Princess line however that would be assuming that Disney does decide to go with a Heroine line.

I believe that due to Disney pushing her as a Princess if they were then to release her in a heroine line it would just confuse people. Hence why I strongly believe that they will be releasing another princess line this year, because:
a) they would want to incorporate Merida into the line
b) this year is another big year for Disney due to the D23 Expo which is only held every other year and since the princesses are money makers it is more likely that they would go with them again.

I am not a huge fan of the couples idea (but i do like Dimispice's idea of the companions being coupled with the princesses) but i would rather that over a Disney designer princess v2 as that wouldn't be too appealing nor would it seem original.

I am also hoping that if they do end up deciding to do princesses this year that they would at least do the "heroines" next year as I really think doing some of those characters would be a great idea and regardless of their popularity of the character the merchandise would still be popular due to the hype over these line of dolls.

*I was going to write a long rant on here about the potential Couples collection on here...but decided to greatly shorten and edit it in order to make it appropriate for this thread. The rest, I'll go write in the "Anything Goes Forum" in a little bit.*
Anywho, I hope that they do make the "Couples" collection this year. I have no desire for the collection. But, I still enjoy looking at fan pictures that get posted. I love seeing/discovering all those little details and special touches. More so than that, I am kind of actually really enjoying not spending my money. Potentially, unless they decided to release the Evil Queen that I've been wanting SO MUCH, I only have 2 potential purchases in my future this year. An Ursula/Vanessa that we don't even know if it will be released or not and and Elsa that is just assumed will be released. So...my wallet has potential to be pretty darn fat...in preparation for next year. Next, year, I want a Designer Jessica, Esmeralda, Megara, TinkerBell, and Vanellope...and hopefully they call it "Designer Divas" and add Yzma. ;D

I don't know what I want anymore...I'd love heroines. But i'd like to get another Pocahontas/Belle doll at original price now I collect dolls and those 2 are my main collections! I hope if they do a merida doll, they DONT put her hair up, but leave it down cause I LOVE her hair on the classic doll!

Looks like Designer evil queen is back up on the Disney store again but if you actually select it it says sold out, just be another glitch....

Last edited:
I'm glad I already have her cause I'd be pissed. It's like they are just toying with us now. "Oh, would you like a new release? Here you go. GOT YA!"

It's such a shame it's a glitch, as I really want to buy one now :/ . Lol, my suffer is ever worse because she appears with the discount the other 4 have, $40!!! That would be an amazing deal, specially since she has been retailing for $130 aprox. on Ebay. Hope she appears available some day soon just like LE Merida did.

Well the glitch may be that she is sold out so maybe keep an eye on the site over the next few days and monitor. hopefully you manage to get her as she is pretty amazing, and if you could get her for the discounted price that would be even better. I got all my designer villain dolls at the regular retail price coz I read about the designer princess fiasco and scared that it was Gonna happen again :S

would anyone happen to know in which if the 3 days it is best to go? especially to see what set they release?

Day one. They'll have it all out there on the first come, first served basis. That's how it was for the last one. I was there for the entire run and just watched the Cindy dolls dwindle down...and then was confused when blue ones popped up the next day. (People went CRAZY!) But...now I remember that the Lion King vinyls weren't released on the first day. It was like the 3rd day? So, I dunno. I feel like the dolls will be there on day one. Also, since this is going to be a D23 event, I am betting that there will be an equivalent to the silver Cindy. If that is true, then it's be there within the first hours or you might as well be logged in to ebay. I'm not going this year...and really hope there's no villain equivalent to the silver Cindy or I'll be bummed. :/

BUT! Also be sure to plan accordingly to see any shows you want to see. I was excited for the merch and all...but my grail of an experience was seeing Dick Van Dyke perform. I kid you not, I was bawling happy tears from the moment he set foot on stage till like 30 minutes after. Merchandise comes and goes and comes again, but that was a once in a lifetime treasure.

I have a feeling the D23 doll will have something to with Ariel, since it's the little mermaids year. In which case, since I'm not going, I know that will be one doll I'll probably never own. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.