• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
thanks for the into guys. And does that mean only a few lucky people will get the dolls ? Man idk if I can get the time for off from work for this. Bummer

Find out how many Ariel dolls your store was allotted.

Since the edition size is the same, the number of each couple should at least be in that ballpark. (i.e. if your store only got 6 Ariel pre-order tickets, don't expect 20 of the couples; if they got 17 of Ariel, don't expect 5, etc.).

Seriously?? I've never bought LE stuff from a DS so I had no idea. Thank you so much for telling me
I totally would've been a goof going up there like duuuhh.. Thats.. so terrible.. so not only do we
lack Disney stores we don't have any LE merchandise. Shame.. such a shame..
I'm happy to know someone on here lives by me though!

Oh, I'm sorry! I hope your mom can get it for you. If not, that you can get it on the website.

That was how it was last year too, the minimum age of 18 to purchase. It was implemented because so many people brought their kiddos with them to hoard the Designer Princesses for resale purposes.

I refuse to pay the scampers though....as much as I would love some of these items, I'm not willing to pay an obscene amount of money, that I don't have. Hopefully, I'll have luck at the store

:hug:

I love WDW, and I wish I lived close enough to go more than once a year, but I do not envy you in this regard. I would imagine buying anything sought after from the Disney Stores down there is a nightmare, probably the same for Disneyland area stores.

My store is an hour away (if there is no traffic) as well. There used to be so many stores here, now they are all gone but for that one.

Yup , no pins for me..... To be honest I'm kinda turned off , I don't even want the mugs at this point, I mean it was literally the first thing I ordered as soon as It popped up. All my cc info was saved and all I had to do what submit the order, I don't see how I could have humanely moved any faster in this ordering process. Just why even put it up at all?

It was horrible. So much nastiness in one place, over what is essentially plastic and fabric.

At my store, people got into screaming matches, curse words were flying (no matter all the small children around), people (including my mother) almost got knocked down due to the mess that was the mall doors opening and the wrong one opening first, etc. It was so bad, they had armed security there for the first Villains release, just in case it was that nuts again. Thankfully it was perfectly calm that day, other than one man who got a little angry that he couldn't buy two.

On Dollmaggedon in-store day, when we left, we went to a Hallmark store where my mom bought me the Kermit Jim Shore piece (Rainbow Connection) to cheer me up. That is really special to me to this day.

They really are completely incompetent.

This type of issue has been happening for years across all spectrum of their LE products, and they swear up and down they are working on it, but it is never fixed.

I'm really sorry you missed out. I would certainly call and complain later today. You should at least get a "We're sorry" gift certificate out of it.

I feel the same way!!! Totally turned off and I don't care about the lithographs anymore......I just really don't understand ow this stuff happens time and time again! And the CM's that answer the phones aren't the brightest colors in the crayon box:/ UGH.....I need to try and go to sleep but I'm so annoyed, it's keeping me up

Ohhh, yes. I had someone be kind enough to film me on their phone saying I was ruining the dreams of children by cutting in line when I had done no such thing. My mom was with me and got called a gorilla - really I'm lucky that's all that either of us were called. I didn't have any consolation for it that day, but thankfully at the online release I was able to get 4/5 - so that worked out for me at least. Never, ever going to forget that day, ugh.

I placed my order for the pins and lithos at 12:14, and like a previous poster, no longer have the pin charge listed, but am still being charged shipping for the original order (I forgot to use the free shipping code when I checked out--I was so excited!).

Anyway, I'll be calling in the morning to at least get the $10 extra shipping taken off, and maybe if I'm lucky, an apology gift certificate. I'm not getting my hopes up about the latter, but they better give me my 10 bucks back! I am still glad to get the lithos, though. They look gorgeous.

Thanks! I can't do much about the odds of winning, but I do know my mom's been pretty helpful when tracking down dolls for me in the past. I collect Monster High as well, and every time my parents go to Walmart, Target, or some other store without me, they'll check the doll aisle for any new releases. She's even picked up two of the same doll and brought them home so I could pick the one with the best makeup/hair, and then return the other one later. Thus I think she's willing to at least try for me on Sep. 3rd. I'm extremely lucky to have such a great mom in that regard (and many other regards too, but that's besides the point).

I hate it when people use their children as the sympathy card. "You are ruining my child's dream!" Honestly, your child probably has no idea what these dolls are unless you told them, and if you are really going to spend $150 to let them debox and play with it, then you are missing their purpose. It says specifically "* Intended for adult collectors -- Not a child's toy." so there!

Quick question for anyone who might know... when the LE 17" Ariel went back up the next day, what time was it at? And if anyone ordered them, did they go through?

Hoping and wishing the same thing might happen and I've already planned to give Disney my money, so I might as well give them my health and sleep-cycle too... lol

Not able to get the dolls, sis was on another computer and got them, but forgot to apply the FREE SHIPPING code so now that's $80 for shipping. She will call first thing in the morning to get the code applied...

That is insane and disturbing on so many levels! I'm sorry you had to go through that.

I didn't have any insults hurled at me, but I certainly feared for my safety. That is one reason I much prefer the raffle system. No fights over line spot, no issues with the wrong mall door being opened, etc.

As it was, it was like a raffle with the princesses, simply because which door they opened first was just random and whatever the security team felt like doing that day.

Did the pre-orders for the Fairytale dolls sell out at D23? Does anyone know how many sets were offered?

I couldn't sleep after missing these. I dread the frenzy for the Fairytale sets and the other LEs since Disney has set up a perfect storm. i don't understand the edition sizes being so low for a D23 year.

do you think the fact, the preorder had been sold out so fast, it's because of all the pre order from d23?

Status
Not open for further replies.