• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I'm gonna do on the 21st.... Snow White is my favorite so I have to get her.... But I don't know about staying up til midnight just to be disappointed when I have to get up for work at 4:30 as it is. What to do?!?!

do you think the fact, the preorder had been sold out so fast, it's because of all the pre order from d23?

Well the preorders at the expo did not sell out, in fact they were available all days during the expo I believe and was what they used to entice people to still visit the store. So I do not believe that they sold out quickly hence why I thought it would be the same for the preorder online.

I am surprised about the pins online but there would probably only have been 50 units sold online as most were sold during the expo.

I was told by CMs at the Expo store that the pin set completely sold out Sunday morning (Sorcerers got nearly everything that was allocated for each day) and the doll pre-order was also sold out before the end of the day...but no-one could tell us how many were of either were actually allocated for the Expo out of the totals available. I am really surprised that the Expo store could do an inventory for everything as they were tearing down the Expo store and get the website updated in just a few hours.

That crying ariel

I am so sad for all of you people

Its ridicolous.. after some minute the set is already SOLD OUT? Wich quantity they put available for full-set preorder? 10 sets? 20??? :|

Useless. They've done better if NOT allow pre-order the full set with this situation. :nono:

I mean, all right, is a "good" news if you think we will have MORE dolls in stores and online the days they will come out, but... if a person want to order all of them? Just few sets?

For the pin set??? I can't believe it.. But its obviously sold out too.

Don't loose your hopes! I think all of us will had at least ONE set Better than nothing, not?

A big hug! :hug:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the Eu stores,the dolls will be in pupuce Thankfully they are going to be in my nearest store! So might go along to Snows release to work out how crazy it is going to be for Rapunzel!

Generally speaking in my experience, an order status of "closed" for an LE item that's ordered in the middle of the night is a signal that the order was canceled.

During the day, it can change like that yes, because it is reflecting that the shipping process kicked in and the order is being prepared to ship. That doesn't happen in the middle of the night.

Has anyone heard the details yet how it work to purchase the dolls in the single sets in store yet?

Has anyone heard the details yet how it work to purchase the dolls in the single sets in store yet?

Pirate Princess Ari posted the details from the flyer the stores are handing out a few pages back.

Raffle system; limit 1 per person; must be 18 years or older to purchase and show ID. Enter the raffle between 12pm and 1pm, with the drawing occurring at 1:10pm.

The raffle sounds like fun. It's better than having to get up at 5am 5 times just to fight about line positions. I'm going to try for it for sure. At least I'm going there knowing there's quite a chance I won't get the doll, but it's worth a shot.

The raffle sounds like fun. It's better than having to get up at 5am 5 times just to fight about line positions. I'm going to try for it for sure. At least I'm going there knowing there's quite a chance I won't get the doll, but it's worth a shot.

If your store has good cast members working it, it's a ton of fun. My store did trivia every week, and gave out stickers for prizes. I won quite a few, and learned some facts I didn't know, to boot.

Well having seen the new banner with details on stores these dolls will be in,in the UK I am excited that they will be in my local store BUT unlike the US we won't get the in stores one day and then the next day online:/ they will be in stores the same they go online. I don't no if to try get Rapunzel in store now or try online...Would rather get in store but don't wont to miss her x

Mild rant ahead..sorry.

I really don't understand Disney business sense AT ALL; why on earth they would limit their dolls to an edition size of 6000. If they are basing their decision on the slow designer villians sales, then that is idiotic. As I've long said during the build up to what their next Designer series would be the Princesses ALWAYS SELL. Even given the inflated price of the Fairytale sets, they could have expanded this to an edition size of 10 000 without an issue. Limiting it to 6000 is just asking for a frustrating experience.

I made a last minute decision to not preorder the entire series (not sure I could have gotten the set anyway given what happened to more than a few members of the board), but there are 2-3 individual sets I do want to try for. Not looking forward to the experience and I'm almost certain I'm going to leave empty handed.

I'd also like to point out that international shipping for the set is a rip-off. They seem to have charged as if they would ship each ship individually; there is no combined calculated total.

Crossing my fingers that everyone here gets the dolls they want. But I'm already dreading the second dollmaggedon.

Agree withe everything you said ^ I wasn't apart of the original dollmaggedon but heard many stories.The villains were easy to get. I feel like we should be enjoying and counting down days until we can get these sets but instead everyone's dreading it! I hope everyone manages to get the sets they are wanting.

For some crazy reason I wrote to Guest Services and got their "have an enchanting day" response and that the pre-order "response exceeded their expectations". Really? In a D23 year and putting it on Facebook, I guess their Product/Marketing team is out of the loop. This is really a low edition size for this kind of hype.

The email said the pre-order is over and that the remaining merchandise is already in channels for distribution as planned. I don't know why they bothered with the pre-order considering all of the angry people it left in its wake. I would still love to know how many were sold. But I am glad a few of you here got to get the dolls.

Oh yeah, they are "continuously working to improve the site".........

Did anyone manage to get pins? I feel like dolls are a 50/50 chance, but the speed in which I ordered the pins, and still not getting them is mind blowing. I feel as if they only put the pins up for show or there never were pins, or they literally put up like 5. I feel like getting pins was a setup for failure and that's what really upsets me, not the edition size I like exclusivity.

Last edited:

my pin order still shows active with the full amount of $169.96 (used the 15% off coupon) order placed at 12:19:39 - of course the time stamp as I know after ordering LE pins sets over the years means nothing it all depends on which server you are routed to when you place your order

It BLOWS MY MIND that the marketing team is this out of touch. While the there are some collectors who do the villians, it is a much smaller market (and more likely to be an adult market), whereas the princesses easily are appealing to 2-3x the market size.

Let's get real here, there is an INCREDIBLE mark up for production cost for these dolls - they have priced this as HIGHER than their 17 inch LE dolls with much less detail in the clothing (look at the Rapunzels for the most direct comparison), so they can well afford to increase their production run. I understand doing the D23 Golden Snow White as a small release (gotta sell out your D23 tickets!), but let's talk ebay as an example of the demand out there. For any given doll that starts as an auction at cost price and not a vastly inflated "buy it now", there are about 20 bidders. That's 20 x $130 USD that DID NOT GO TO THE DISNEY CORPORATION. For any business that's just leaving money on the table!

And now, Disney in it's brilliance will most likely increase the edition number of the subsequent fairy tale set. Only, THEY ALREADY DID THE MOST POPULAR (ie best selling) PRINCESSES.

Sorry about the long post. I apparently have a lot of feelings

I didn't even realize the pins would be put up on the website. I would have at least tried, I was all ready up anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.