• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Hidden Mickey - Carl and Ellie completer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Hidden Mickey - Carl and Ellie completer?

avery.appleseed

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Hello there my fellow pin traders!

My question is pretty straight forward: I saw someone post this picture on IG and comment that it was a completer pin. I haven't seen it at the parks, and it's not on the evil bay. Does anyone have any information regarding this pin?

It's tres cute and I would love to add it to my collection :D

Muchos glaciers!

I don't care what it is! I need it! Little Carl is my favorite!

ETA: I know I don't neeeeed it. I really, really want it. :)

I would guess that it is for NEXT year's completer pin series, since the Hidden Mickey wave those balloons are apart of is the current WDW wave which just started end of July. If someone has that pin, it means they got it from the factory, ie scrap or possibly stolen.

I would guess that it is for NEXT year's completer pin series, since the Hidden Mickey wave those balloons are apart of is the current WDW wave which just started end of July. If someone has that pin, it means they got it from the factory, ie scrap or possibly stolen.

Boo for scrap or possibly stolen. :( I'm hopeful it's for next year and I can get my hands on a real one then. At least it's something cute to look forward to! :)

I'm not too sure how hidden mickeys work. So, am I to understand that the completer for a set isn't released until the following year's batch is released?

Twice a year, both DL and WDW have a "Purchase with Purchase" promotion where if you spend $30 on pins, you can by a pin for $2.95. In the spring/summer, it is usually a 10 pin set based on the previous years Hidden Mickey series. The fall/winter promotion is a non Hidden Mickey associated 10 pin set. So this summer, both parks have been selling pins that match the 2013 Hidden Mickey series. Since that one is for a 2014 pin, my guess is it's intended for sale in 2015.

This is my pin haha. I didn't steal it.. Haha it was traded for in the Disneyland park. I bought it on Instagram for 10. Would you like to know the user I bought this from? Hope this helps!

Heres a picture of the back! Hopefully this helps out a little :)
Screenshot2014-09-21at100540PM_zpse3951fc8.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Ooooh! I really hope they have that available when I go in January! I wasn't a huge fan when I first saw the air balloon series, but that one is fantastic!

Ooooh! I really hope they have that available when I go in January! I wasn't a huge fan when I first saw the air balloon series, but that one is fantastic!

Depends on how quick Disney is, but I don't seem to recall completer pins being available that quickly (usually PWP for $2.95 after you've spent $30)

I've seen the 2014 wave b pins at DLR. and listed Russell chaser. The young Carl and Ellie seems to be a mystery till more show up. Wave a 2015 have been seen in DLR early July. Interesting find!

Has WDW released what the 2015 Wave B Hidden Mickeys will be? I have only seen the Wave A list on the site, and was curious if anyone has seen what the WDW Wave B's will look like.

Has WDW released what the 2015 Wave B Hidden Mickeys will be? I have only seen the Wave A list on the site, and was curious if anyone has seen what the WDW Wave B's will look like.

Rumor is that there will be no second wave for WDW this year. Other rumor is that DLR is getting a ton, so we'll be getting none? The first wave just started in April, so it'll be a while. Wave B usually gets started at the pin event in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back