2019 Galaxy's Edge Travel Company Pin + Lanyard Info

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by hopemax, Jun 11, 2019.

1. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

My friend is at Disneyland now, and spotted someone with a Dark Blue lanyard and white Millennium Falcon / Galaxy's Edge pin that looked like a Travel Company promo. I did a quick Ebay search and found the pin she sent the pic of is from Costco Travel.

[​IMG]

So we were wondering how many versions are available? There should at minimum be at WDTC/DTC one. She saw a Silver Galaxy Edge lanyard, but no pin. Anyone know anything?

Thanks!

tiggeriffic likes this.
  2. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Omg when you find more info I want that pin! Lol

3. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That's a great pin! Wish I knew more!

4. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

Well, in general, these are what you get when you book a travel package. They aren't usually that difficult to trade for, because people who aren't necessarily pin people trade them for something else. My friend checks out the lanyards at the places in the park where you can redeem your voucher and pick up your pin/lanyard. But if these are brand new, it might take awhile before the "professional" traders have found enough for their trade stash.

5. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

Found another set on Ebay. Which is a Silver Lanyard +Red version of the pin. The auction listings say that one was given to people who had Reservations for the first day.

Another auction, has a sort of bad pic of the back. I think it says Walt Disney Travel Company. So what remains to be seen, is if the Red one was given to everyone on the first day, but people with packages later this summer can still get it. Or if it really was a "First Day" exclusive.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  6. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    526   0   0

I expect 4. WDTC, AAA, Disney Visa, and Costco packages. That's what they've done in the past (World of Color, 60th Anniversary, etc.)

timeerkat likes this.
  7. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    526   0   0

Here's the Costco one (picture from eBay):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    526   0   0

Here is the WDTC one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, picture from eBay. Same seller, I think.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  9. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Weirdly, I like this design a lot more than some of the official pins they released for it.

tiggeriffic likes this.
  10. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

I agree, for most of the years they had them. But I'm not sure they had ANY in 2017 &2018 (which is why my friend was so shocked to find out about this year's). 2015 & 2016 seemed to only have two (119203 & 119347) and (108444 & 108386). WDTC and Costco. If there were more, I would love to see them!

Oh, and sometimes Get Away Today travel gets a pin.

11. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Saw red ones being given out on Sunday

12. Rachael17

Rachael17 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I’ve seen some people with the grey lanyards but they’re not sold anywhere in the park, or at least I haven’t come across them. So that would make sense if they were only given out on the first day