2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I have added you to the list. Thanks for the update.

2. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I tried to add my name to the “Attending” list for Virtual Pin Event, and I can see “suzanneb”, but I’m not certain I’m added. Many thanks for helping me

3. suzanneb

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Would someone in the know pls see if suzanneb is on the virtual event list?
    Many thanks

4. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

[​IMG]

You’re there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. suzanneb

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Thank you so much!!!

nateeter likes this.
  6. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

Getting antsy for the RSP results!

7. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    149   0   0

Me too... was hoping perhaps the results would drop early. I mean really Disney... Why Wait?

8. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    149   0   0

Oooo! my RSP email just dropped in to my mailbox... Haven't looked yet... Going to look now!

Edit: Although kinda afraid to look... no disappointment needed today!

watzshakinbacon and mybabykelly like this.
  9. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

Good luck!!! Hope you get your top picks :)

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  10. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

It was definitely slim pickings this year. I got the two major things I was looking for, so that's good! Missed out on the Beauty and the Beast storybook, though. And almost no doubles except for the mystery sets, which I got 2, 3 and 4 of (still VERY low numbers for mystery sets).

As expected, the openness of virtual registration and them shipping the items have DEFINETELY impacted the RSP distribution.

11. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

We got everything asked for which is surprising...

Now to decide if we don’t need everything..

12. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    149   0   0

I was awarded the pins I was most interested in, so that is good. I did not get #19 (which I wanted, but it was not my priority)... and I was only awarded 3 of each of the mystery pins . Agree, very low for the mystery pins.

13. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

I got everything except the tiny pins, which I'm finding most people got 2 or 3. Which led me to email them, to ask what's up. I wanted 7 of them, and then sis wanted the whole set. Assuming there's 1500 people in this event, the boxes should be labeled LE instead of LR.

Ajk and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  14. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

Yahoo! Results are in!

I did pretty well! I was awarded the three most important items for me (Robin Hood book, Yesterday and Tomorrow set, and the framed set), plus a few that I put down for a few friends I was in a pool with. I was also awarded three of the Re-Collections (all I signed up for) and four of the Favorite Memories boxes. I did not get duplicates of anything except mystery boxes.

I think the only thing I requested on the first RSP that I did not get was the BatB storybook, We're All Green, and Guest Inspired pin (put them down for friends, but one friend got the Fan pin on her own and the other got the Green set on HER own, so they are covered).

15. Sortlora

Sortlora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Super excited I got the BATB and Robin Hood book. The rest is icing on the cake

slbrabham, Ajk, timeerkat and 2 others like this.
  16. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

My mom and I are both “attending.” Anything only one of us wanted, we still both requested to be on the safe side. I didn’t get one that I wanted but got everything else I wanted and most of what my mom wanted. Waiting to here from her if she got my missing one and which of hers she got for herself. If she got everything she wanted on her own account I can offer up the duplicates before the order deadline.

17. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I got everything except the BATB Storybook. If anyone has one they don't want/need, I am looking for it for a friend. Thanks.

18. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Ugh, they screwed me on the Storytellers collection. I got DLR but not WDW, and I was thinking maybe I could trade for the ones I wanted from that set by swapping, then I realized they're LE 500 where the WDW version is LE 250. I won't find anyone to make that trade. Sad face emoji.

19. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

I have Pandora for trade, if you need it, looking for TLM.

20. Rick195275

Rick195275 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

If you are trading the tiki room we might be able to make a trade. That’s the only one from that set I want and don’t want to purchase the set for it.

21. Fins4pins

Fins4pins Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

The math on the re-collections just doesn’t add up, my guess is they allowed people at the last minute after a lot of complaints to add to their RSP but I don’t think the awards took this into account. If each pin is a LE 3000 with 8 different pins is 24,000 pins if 3,000 people signed up that would still equal 8 pins per person.

22. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

There are only 3000 boxes, so each pin is LE 475.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

23. CaptHookFan

CaptHookFan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

WOW got everything requested except BATB and Hocus Pocus

24. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Got both storytellers which were priority but none of the storybooks. Only ended up with 4 boxes of the artist mystery set so hopefully I get my Toad. Overall, pretty happy with how it went for my first RSP.

25. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

We got everything we really wanted. I got the BatB pin on mine, but my Dad didn't win one. He got both Storyteller boxes, both Jumbo pins which were his priority. We had put the Robin Hood and the Snow White Storybooks down, but way down the list. So it wasn't a total surprise when we didn't win them.

But for all the hoopla about the extra RSPs, to end up with so few mystery boxes is disappointing. We got 5 of the Tiny pin boxes, but that's only 15 out of 20 to have a chance at completing the set. At least I have some old Tiny Kingdom pins to maybe trade for what we are missing.

Ajk likes this.