2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. CaptHookFan

CaptHookFan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

FYI: If anyone ordered pins they want to put back:

"An important note regarding returns:
    If there are any items listed on your order that you no longer wish to purchase, please contact Disney Events by replying to this email:"

• By Friday, October 30 at 5 pm Eastern Time. After this time, all sales are FINAL.

2. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Really happy with my RSP. I got pretty much everything except one set I requested.

Ajk likes this.
  3. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I’m mixed about my RSP - although I should be thrilled. Lol. I got the 3 I really wanted for my collections (including my jungle cruise!) I was hoping to get more traders but I didn’t get nearly as many pins as I expected. I guess I am used to the in-person 1200 person event where there are a lot more pins to go around!

ETA: My wallet is probably very happy by this unexpected turn of events...

TangledUpInIce and slbrabham like this.
  4. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I have extras in my coop if you want to claim them. Decided I didn’t want them.

5. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Congrats! The books definitely look like they were the hardest to get.

6. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I have some available in my coop if you want to claim them. I got too few to bother keeping them.

7. wdwaurora

wdwaurora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I did pretty well in my RSP except for the horribly mislabeled tiny pin LR mystery set. If anyone got them and doesn’t want them please let me know. Looking for 3 more boxes assuming I was the first to request the two @Ajk has available. I got the time capsule just for the banner and completer pin so now I need to finish.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    FoolishMortal71 likes this.
  8. mjtinkerbell

mjtinkerbell New Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Pretty happy with our RSP results! Got everything we wanted except for the time capsule. Received 3x each of the three mystery items. If anyone got the time capsule and isn’t interested, please contact me.

9. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

The response regarding my complaint that there's way less than 10,000 boxes of these and thus should not be labeled LR:

"There were far less than that many sets. By being a limited release they could decide to offer them in the future, while a limited edition they could not."

Does someone wanna tell them that's not how that works for event exclusive pins?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I only put in for and got 2 of the trading card mystery set because I really want the Dreamfinder and Figment one. My mom got 2-4 of every one of three mystery sets. She works on a collection with my niece and they’re not interested in a full set of any of them, just a few specific pins. I’ll probably have some of theirs for trade eventually, either hopefully for ones they want from the sets or for other pins as well.

nateeter likes this.
  11. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Just saw this on DPB Community on Facebook... appears she asked what was still available, and they sent her a list:

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Did anyone get tax added on? My total shows tax is $0.00...

13. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

No tax here either.

14. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Maybe it won't calculate it until it actually ships?

15. Cheshirecat26

Cheshirecat26 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

I was so surprised when I checked my RSP that i received almost all of my choices. I was so expecting I would not get very many due to the amount of people attending the event. I only got 3 of the mystery boxes, which was my only disappointment. It seems that was the amount almost everyone else received as well.

16. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Did pretty good.
    I wanted 5 trading cards but only got 3; I’ll be ISO two. Didn’t get everything but what I really wanted I got.

Pecosace likes this.
  17. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I got everything I wanted, but I didn’t order that much. I got the BatB storybook, the RH storybook, 3 recollections boxes, 3 memories mystery boxes, and the Disney Film Storytellers set.

I guess with the limited number of mystery boxes awarded to people. Lots of pin trading will occur this year though it will be less in person and more mail. Disney is doing its part to encourage trading. :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    bookhugger and watzshakinbacon like this.
  18. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I’ve checked in with my mom and things we’ve got duplicates of that we didn’t both want:

- 5, 6, and 7: the Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow Progression series three pins
    - 11: Extra Extra 2015-2019 (Steamboat Willie)
    - 17: Bedknobs and Broomsticks book
    - CLAIMED 30: The WDW Storyteller Series
    - 34 and 35: the Donald and Center of the diamond series

EDIT: I’ve had a couple private messages about 30: WDW Storytellers so I’m assuming for now one of those will work out and that’s claimed. I’ll update again if that changes. Anything else is still up for grabs.

The WDW Storyteller set was LE 250 so I really can’t believe we both got that one, but we did.
    If anyone wanted and didn’t get any of those or isn’t “attending” and wants something, let me know soon and we can figure something out. I’m not sure I’ll get them all unless people claim them.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Pecosace and Ajk like this.
  19. Sortlora

Sortlora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I ordered three trading cards and only want Coco. I’ll trade with you if we get each other’s

brattyjedi likes this.
  20. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Small rant:

Disney.. please don’t give us incomplete size dimensions by only telling us Height and Width. I need all three dimensions to figure out how much shipping would be for selling off my bigger items.

[​IMG]

Pecosace likes this.
  21. nateeter

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Before I cancel them:

I have 3 Trading Cards that I’ve decided not to keep. I’m open to letting someone else by them “at cost” but they actually put my total in the higher shipping bracket.

So, figuring the cost of the extra shipping and then forwarding on to someone, it’d be $86 total for the 3. The only increase would be if they come back and decide to collect tax.

If anyone wants them at that, please let me know. Otherwise I’ll cancel them mid-next-week.

ItzaPinfan likes this.
  22. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I was just thinking this. I went back and changed up my RSP in order to add more mystery Tiny pin boxes and the Re-Collection mystery pins in order to better my chances of finding a Juan Ortodoncia from Coco for my John Ratzenberger collection and dropped some of the Storybook pins as those would be traders for me. I added on RSP rounds 4-10 for the Tiny pin boxes and Re-Collections but only ended with the original 3 on the first RSP submission.

So I will have 3 Re-Collections available for trading looking for Juan Ortodoncia from Coco. I feel like we should start trading threads for these mystery sets.

23. nateeter

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Update: mystery trading card pins have found a new home.

And I agree, we should start a trading thread! I’ll only have Our Fave Memories boxes, and will be looking for specific ones; Mama will also have Tinies to trade.

24. Pinfun

Pinfun Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

This was the first event I managed to attend (because it was virtual) and actually managed to get everything on my RSP - a bit surprised by that. That includes the very last item on my list, which I tried valiantly to remove, but the system wouldn't let me... guess once you select a certain number of pins, any edits to your RSP have to be >= previous number of pins requested... So I have a set of Disneyland Storytellers (#29) if someone has decided they want it, let me know before I opt out of that next week.

Ajk likes this.
  25. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

I have a friend who might want #30 the WDW set. Is it still available?