2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Same here! Frustrating that DLR set was LE 500 & WDW was LE 250! Makes NO SENSE to ME!!!

2. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Well, this is the first time I’m anticipating the pin event while it’s snowing outside. :D

What a weird year.

3. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

It looks like they're starting to send out second chances since others are removing pins from their RSP. I just got awarded another tiny box! I don't want the two I was awarded so I think I might pass on this one.

Ajk likes this.
  4. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I have a feeling the available pins are going to increase significantly over the next few days. :D

5. Rick195275

Rick195275 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Just wanted to give a heads up to those refusing some of their pins.... make sure you double check your invoice after the changes! They made multiple mistakes, biggest ones being replacing my Disney world jumbo with the Disneyland and replacing my Disney works story tellers with the castle set. It all got straightened out after about 20 emails and 8 new invoices.... figured it was worth mentioning.

pincrazy and Pecosace like this.
  6. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Did anyone remember seeing a shipping time? I know charges are suppose to come through tomorrow or so, but do they ship at the same time?

7. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

No, they won’t ship until after the event... that way if you add items during the event, they’ll all be shipped together.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Abyssinian28

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Ah, yeah, that does look familiar. I only looked at the more recent e-mails. Thanks!

Woof... 5 to 7 weeks? That's basically going to be a Christmas "gift".

Pibbman likes this.
  9. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Yeah, I’m hoping they’re being cautious in quoting shipping times and we’ll actually get it sooner.

Abyssinian28 likes this.
  10. Abyssinian28

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Yeah, I mean...I find it unusual for things across the country to take more than a week to get to me (and that's on the long side).

That 5-7 is definitely for the "handling" part of "shipping & handling"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

nateeter likes this.
  11. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Ugh. I did not expect that delay. I am going to live dangerously, and fly to my Dad's at the beginning of December for 12 days. I was hoping to have received the mystery boxes so we could figure out what we needed, and keep all the traders with me. But he won't have gotten his probably.

12. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

At least the USPS' jacked up prices will probably be over by the time we start trading things!

13. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Couldn't agree more.

It's been rough that in person trading can't happen but not the rates increasing is putting a crimp on mailing to people.

14. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Just got selected for the WDW Jumbo LE 300 (#24)!!

timeerkat, Ajk and Abyssinian28 like this.
  15. Ilikestarwarspins

Ilikestarwarspins Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

So I have been interested in attending a pin event in person but obviously quarantine is making that a no-no. For the virtual event I read as much as I could about it... But is there any way to trade with other collectors? Or is it mostly about getting the random draw to buy the pins and some online panels? I loved reading blogs about the in person events and trading in person in the big rooms of tables.

16. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

We don't know many details of the participant interaction with each other, or the ability for participants to interact with the panel guests. Mostly for now it seems to be the ability to purchase pins from the RSP catalog and watching the online panels.

17. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Has anyone received communication with details about the event yet? Like what the agenda is, what times different things will be happening, etc?

18. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

Nope.

Ajk and chubs191 like this.
  19. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I’m surprised nothing has been said about when and where we should tune in.

20. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

They said we would get an email WED about the details. It’s Thursday AM- no email YET!!

Ilikestarwarspins and Ajk like this.
  21. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Just got my email. Check your inboxes!

• Thursday, November 12: Event Site Familiarization period
      • Registered Guests will be able to create their personalized logins and begin exploring the Event site!
    • Friday, November 13 & Saturday, November 14: Event Dates
      • 9:00 AM-5:00 PM EST: Live video content will be released, and the Last Chance Store will be open
      • After the scheduled live release, video content will be available in an On Demand format.
      • Downloadable art content, On Demand video content, and certain Guest interaction features will be available 24 hours a day once the event starts.
      • Please note, some Guest interaction features are monitored and will not display until approved.
    • Sunday, November 15-Friday, November 20: Event Review
      • On Demand video content and downloadable art content will be available for Registered Event Guests to revisit at any time.
      • Guest Interactive Features will no longer be active for participation but can be viewed.

Blind Experiential Auction
    Once again, we have a very exciting opportunity for one Event Attendee to assist in designing a pin for next year’s Pin Celebration with two of our Disney Artists! Bids will be accepted for this experience through Saturday, November 14 at 1:00 PM EST. For those Guests wishing to participate in the Blind Experiential Auction, bids can be placed here. Note that bidders must be at least 18 years of age.

Ilikestarwarspins and bcol like this.
  22. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

I'm digging through the site now.

I found some pin previews already! Put in spoilers:

I am assuming that this flyer is ok to post since it's from the trade event files that non-cast can see too. If there is a problem I'll take it down.
    [​IMG]

Ilikestarwarspins likes this.
  23. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Where can I find the pics?

24. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Under downloadable content