2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Yeah, unfortunately that Video Catalog doesn't ever load for me. I get a blank page and the URL keeps refreshing itself.

2. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

It might be your WiFi and/or network. If you're on cellular switch to WiFi or vice versa.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

3. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

I'm doing it from my computer, which is on wifi. If this only works on a phone, that is really annoying. I am worried that it's because of the + sign in my email address I registered with. If I hover over the Video Library link, I can see what it's trying to do, and I don't know if the + sign breaks it.

4. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

It works on my desktop, so it's not just phone.

5. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I couldn’t get the videos on chrome on my work computer but can on safari on my phone so who knows..

6. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Yeah...it's the +.

On my phone, it eventually timed out and said failed login, but it had the page with the fields and I could see it replaced the + with a blank space. I could reenter it correctly and then get to the page. Now, I guess I'll just see if it will eventually time out on my computer.

7. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I'm kinda bummed he didn't show the welcome pin in the welcome message. Are we going to know what they look like before we get them in the mail?

8. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

What's the point of the check in code? I noticed it listed by the on demand stuff, but I didn't need to enter anything to view them.

9. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

It's to get the corresponding badge when you go to the tell us what you watch page

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ajk likes this.
  10. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Go to “Tell Us What You Watched” and select the video; click Check In at the top of the screen, and enter the check in code... some earn you “badges” (for which I wish we were getting an activity pin set).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timeerkat and Ajk like this.
  11. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

And you can add in the code at any time, you don't have to wait for the panel. I just went in and added everything.

There are two badges for surveys - one for taking the second chance shopping survey and one for creating a survey, but nothing shows up to be able to do either.

Speaking of, here is what is currently available from the second chance shopping:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ilikestarwarspins likes this.
  12. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Thanks all. Where can i see what badges I've earned? I see the list of badges available, and the list of people that have lots of them, but can't find my own list.
    Thanks.

13. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Click on your email, should be the top thing on the list.

Ajk likes this.
  14. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Thanks!

15. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I cannot view them at all. I’m on iPhone LTE, & it says I’m “checked-in” for a current talk, but cannot see live talks NOR the ones “on demand”.

16. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Ha ha, I am enjoyed the story about the failed Millennium Pin Sets. We went in September 2000 and by then they canceled the individual pins, and were selling the remaining stock in the Cast Member store (which my Mom could visit) for CHEAP. My Dad still has them in the sealed shopping bag. I pull them out when going through stuff, and I always forget what they are, and then he reminds me.

-em, Ajk and timeerkat like this.
  17. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

HA! Of course, they had to change the name of Cast Lanyard pins because of the management and not "to make it easier for guests" like they said it was.

18. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I enjoyed tripping down memory lane... I remember being a part of many of the ‘lessons they learned’..

attending one of the first ‘Cast Pin Parties’ in early 01 was definitely an influence in my hoarding

19. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

I loved hearing about all the things that are a part of pin trading now that just happened as oopsies, like with the first jumbo pin.

Ilikestarwarspins and Ajk like this.
  20. Ilikestarwarspins

Ilikestarwarspins Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Where can I read about first jumbo pin haha

21. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

Basically, she sent off the pin design to the manufacturer but didn't put in the size information in the specs, so the pins arrived and were about twice as large as they were planning. But it was too close to the pin release to get the pin remade at the smaller size. So they decided to just put it out at a higher price point and see how it sold.

22. Ilikestarwarspins

Ilikestarwarspins Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Love it. Thank you. And the rest is.... History!

timeerkat likes this.
  23. Pinfun

Pinfun Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

it's not hoarding if you can step over your pin stash, is it?

cyke23 and watzshakinbacon like this.
  24. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Is anyone else getting an error when they try to play Maria's video? Disney Events has been trying to fix my video problem, but now this one won't load on my phone that I have been using. Trying to find out if it's an error for me, or for everyone.

EDIT: Updated message says error for everyone.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  25. GuruGuy128

GuruGuy128 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

These belong here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]