2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

I was thinking the same thing. Could be a very nice set.

2. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Good point, very similar to Reflections of Evil, but w emphasis on Heroes & Heroines (hopefully) as well.

3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0

Thank you for the picture. :)

I actually really like the welcome and goodbye pins. First WDW event where the welcome/goodbye pins fit and will stay in my perm collection.

I also am always looking for unique pins (non stock art) and these also fit there also! So v. Happy.

watzshakinbacon, bcol and slbrabham like this.
  4. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Did anyone else catch the Chip and Dale pin from the same set as the Bambi in the production art?

[​IMG]

Never mind the picture in picture. I was having some issues getting the screen grab.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    timeerkat and Ilikestarwarspins like this.
  5. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I don’t think that’s from the Terrarium set. I think it’s a sketch of one of this year’s event pins like the other sketch shown there is the Welcome Mickey pin.

[​IMG]

6. Ilikestarwarspins

Ilikestarwarspins Member

0   0   0

Super Sleuth!

Spr175psu, Pibbman and brattyjedi like this.
  7. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0

Yep, that Chip and Dale pin is from the mystery set from the event.

I'm glad I watched the artist panels. During Maria's, she said the first pin she ever designed for Disney was Chip and Dale as pirates:

[​IMG]

So when I looked back at her pins for the mystery set of the artists' favorite pin stories I realized she probably did this one to call back to her first pin. They're even in the same outfits.

8. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0

I got an email a few moments ago with a shipping notification! I know this doesn't mean the pins are heading out the door today, but the fact that it was processed this quickly gives me hope that we'll get them sooner rather than later.

9. suzanneb

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

They sent me tracking, but somewhere there is an error b/c it says my parcel is shipping to Los Angeles & I live in Austin TX. Hoping the next scan shows correct info (thinking my parcel wasn’t scanned initially & I got the women in LA’s scan). Looking for a scan today. I have emailed & left voice message at WDW Event Services. Hope that’s all it is :(

10. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

My shipping notification arrived. I’m glad the pins are being delivered while I’m off for Thanksgiving break.

11. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

My email said to expect delivery next week to my address but when I checked the tracking link, it said it was delivered and received by Jeff in Orlando. :confused:

12. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Oh man. Sounds like lots of issues. I wonder if they are reusing shipping #s. I’ve had that happen with some ups stuff recently. On the plus side, while the tracking didn’t work because it kept showing what happened the first time the number was used, the packages did arrive. Just very nerve wracking in the meantime. I don’t understand why they reuse.

13. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

If anyone has the gumption, please take a photo of your pins on a black or white background for PTDB.
    If you don't want to add them, I can add them for you. :)

14. suzanneb

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

My pins arrived! Looking to trade from the boxed “Artist mystery set” my Goofy & Pinocchio for either Dumbo, Tink, or LILO/Stitch.
    Pls reply here or PM me
    Thank you

15. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Wow! That was FAST!

16. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

They've gotten thru at least K on Friday. Since I am near last, I will not have much hope in getting it before December starts.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

17. Abyssinian28

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

That's weird...I haven't gotten a shipping notification, and my last name starts with an "H"....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

18. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

I would check UPS Choice if you're signed up for it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

19. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I saw someone post on FB that he got two shipping notifications for “H” names and neither was his. *sigh* I forget Which names but if you don’t get anything in a few days you might want to email events.

Abyssinian28 likes this.
  20. brattyjedi

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I’m an H last name and haven’t heard anything. My mom (same last name, different mailing address in different states) hasn’t said anything to me about getting a shipping email either, but I also haven’t asked her specifically.

Abyssinian28 likes this.
  21. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

I’m “B” and my notification arrived in my inbox only yesterday.

Abyssinian28 likes this.
  22. Abyssinian28

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Interesting. It should be an interesting week...LOL.

23. Abyssinian28

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I'm so curious as to who will be the first to break the 2021 event pin from the Time Capsule...

wonderbywonder and slbrabham like this.
  24. brattyjedi

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I still haven't got a tracking number.

My mom has a tracking number. When she checks it in the UPS system, it says shipped to the correct town in Texas for her address but then it says it is out for delivery today somewhere in North Carolina. So that's a little worrying. If it had said shipped to the wrong place, I'd just think she got someone else's tracking number. I'm not sure what to make of shipped to the right location but out for delivery somewhere else. She's now anxiously watching the tracking info to see if it shows as delivered without actually turning up at her house.

25. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0

It seems as if people have been getting wrong tracking numbers but the pins they receive have been correct.

My number said it was for someone in Indiana but was delivered to someone in Georgia today. :p

watzshakinbacon likes this.