2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Pinfun

Pinfun Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

hey @timeerkat - you've heard of the flat Stanley project right? Maybe he's in your box....

timeerkat likes this.
  2. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Got ours-neither me or my next door neighbor had to sign for the pins which was REALLY annoying since the truck ‘was in the area’ for 5 hrs after I raced home to sign for them after the delivery window updated- first said 9-3 then jumped 9-11 pins were delivered at 445

slbrabham likes this.
  3. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

No Flat Stanley. But I am happy to say that I can add California to my list, since I got my pins safely today. I had an appointment out of the house but my roomie was home to sign for it.

It came in a big box with lots of paper and bubble wrap stuffing. The pins were basically thrown loose in the box but it was packed tightly so it looks like nothing shifted around much to get damaged.

Did you have a framed set in your order? I wonder if they stuffed mine extra full to protect the framed set, or if it was random chance whether it was cushioned or not.

momin.ator likes this.
  4. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

No, no framed set. I hope they take more care with those...

5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

My WDW event pins showed up today. Packaging was not too awful. I could tell they tried (I would have made a few different choices, but all pins are in good shape.)

6. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

Tiny pins: An Analysis.

[​IMG]
    So, I tried out a bunch of TKs with other pins. Most pins will fit in the other pins. The double nub TKs will not fit in the jumbo, like the COP illustration or WDW HM mansion pins. If you have a bunch of TKs and want something fun to display them on, the jumbo definitely isn't it.

[​IMG]
    The tiny event pins fit everything. Their backs have no nubs and the stick pin part is flush with the back.

[​IMG]
    The jumbo minis have one shaved down nub to fit the placeholder in the jumbo, but this is not on the Mickey pin, so it's off-kilter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The regular TKs with one nub can fit, albeit off-kilter because of the nub. I definitely wouldn't put it on a lanyard that way.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

7. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

@chubs191

Oh Where, Oh Where is the TIGGER PIN?? Hope he bounces my way ;) ;)
    :tigger: :tigger:

8. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Not sure if anyone saw, but the pins are out in EPCOT and apparently, some are the "sold out" pins that people couldn't get at the event.

pincrazy likes this.
  9. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

If anyone sees an extra Mickey Mouse trading pins jumbo. I have decided I like it. I would love to have one if anyone has an extra.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  10. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Well that's annoying.

11. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Yes, after paying to attend this event (primarily for access to the pins), quite annoying.

Ajk and Pibbman like this.
  12. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

People on Facebook are very angry about this fact. I am more annoyed than anything, since I was able to get all pins I needed for my collections and only missed out on traders. But some of the really popular pins, like the Storybook series and WDW Storytellers boxes set, were available at EPCOT today even though people who had them on their RSP were not awarded them and they did not show up in the second chance shop during the event.

FoolishMortal71 likes this.
  13. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

I'm more peeved than anything that I could have gotten a better discount that would have amounted to a lot of money off my order if I had known.

14. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I wanted the Beauty and the Beast book. Both my mom and I put in for it for me and neither got it. It’s the only thing we missed out on. I’m among those now upset at Disney if that was at EPCOT today.

I could see an argument for keeping a few back of everything to make good for any lost or damaged in shipping then releasing them later if not needed. But there’s no way that could be the case already since not everyone has received their initial shipments and had time to contact Disney to resolve problems.

15. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

The Storybooks?! This is just all kinds of wrong. It will be interesting to see what excuse they have for this (if any).

16. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Are you including saving the $50 registration? (ie, get a discount and not pay registration? That is seriously significant savings.)

Wonder if the release into Epcot of the pins included all of the mystery pins we could only buy 3 each of.

Its all v. disappointing.

17. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Nah, they are offering CM's 50% off in the parks right now for "Holiday Discount." But when people filled out the RSP, it specifically said that CM's would be limited to their normal discount 20% or 35% not the holiday.

18. Pibbman

Pibbman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Looks like this will be my first and last pin event. I haven’t even received an email notification that my pins have shipped and they are selling them in the park.

19. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I guess it would be good to know what they are selling in the park. Trying to believe they cannot possibly be selling the Hocus Pocus Storybook or the BatB Storybook or the Snow White Storybook. If anyone has a picture of what was actually released today... please post.

I know after the onsite events WDW would open the World Showcase (on Sunday - the day after the event end) to the Epcot guests and also sell the remaining event pins, so selling the left overs already is probably kinda the same (although when the event guests have not inspected their pins yet... it for 2020 'virtual', this does seem a bit premature.)

20. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I agree it would be good to know what pins were/are there. I asked for 3 Storybook pins and was awarded 1. I was really bummed that the mystery sets I was only awarded 3 from the first 3 rounds of the RSP as instructed. Nothing from the 4th-10th rounds when they sent an email indicated we could put in mystery sets for the extra RSP rounds.

So does anyone think with all these issues with the shipping and selling pins at WDW this will drive up the sign ups for next year's event?

21. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Think about it -- with all the Park Cast Member layoffs, the College Program halted (WDW's source of extra bodies to cover for Cast Members needed for the Event), needing Park Reservations, Reduced Park capacities and the Vaccines not being "readily available" until next Spring/Summer, the chances for an "in-person" Pin Event next August/September are slim.

2021 Heros vs Villains Event may be virtual. :(

So...... PLEASE express your concerns/complaints to Event Services OR ELSE nothing will change.

pincrazy and Pecosace like this.
  22. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

So the pins that were supposedly available, I had seen a picture from this morning, and it was not a good picture. I have also seen a list of someone selling a bunch of stuff that matched what I remember being available on the second chance store. But is there better visual confirmation of what was actually available?

I wish I had saved the list of what was available in the second chance store. Did anyone keep a list? But I thought that there were 2 Storybooks leftover, one being the Bedknobs and Broomsticks and the other, I thought was Hocus Pocus. The Disneyland Jumbo was still available, the DL Castle set, the Disneyland Storybook. The Extra.Extra Millennium Celebration, and I think one or two other Extra Extra, the Celebrating Hand in Hand, the AP pins, the magic band. The only one I don't think was on the list that looks like is present was the lanyard . And for all we know, Disney messed up and didn't include it in the second chance when they should have (an IT failure), and so people missed out on the 2nd chance. EDIT: I did find a post from Little Bird with a partial list, and she had listed the Film Storytellers set as being available.

I just wonder if people are working themselves in a frenzy, when it's just the same stuff that was in the second chance store. And people who didn't know that the leftover event stuff ALWAYS ends up for sale in the parks afterwards. I know there are people saying there were things available they didn't get in their RSP, but I know from personal experience that I messed up my RSP, because I didn't notice that after I had selected stuff, and I used my mouse wheel to scroll down the page, that I changed what RSP number I had listed. I didn't figure it out until I got my results and they were all messed up. Thankfully, I just made them available to @MerlinEmrys for the shopping thread. But now I'm super careful not to use my mouse wheel when filling out RSPs.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    brattyjedi likes this.
  23. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

The picture that was sent to me contained several items that really, really sold out. Every single box set was available. I'm not sure which storybooks, but there were at least 3 this morning. You can see at least one mystery set hanging up in the back. [​IMG]

pincrazy and FoolishMortal71 like this.
  24. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

That’s upsetting for everyone wanting and not getting.

25. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Wowwwwwwwww. I see at least 3 types of storybook, and look- a Time Capsule!