2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Based on that picture, there are definitely items that were not available in the second chance store. At least by day 2.

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

So... just a thought, but is it possible some people returned pins from their RSP after the deadline? Others might know better, but it would seem plausible for WDW agreeing to return the merch. If this is the case, could this be the reason the event ended up with items that showed sold out to us (because their system somehow didn't allow them to relist the late returned merch. before the 2nd chance store closed?) One would think, WDW would have preferred to just sell the items to the event attendees and not have it hanging out with all the other LE items (that picture had a significant amount of unsold LE pins... why would WDW purposefully add more.)

This whole thing makes little sense to me.

pincrazy likes this.
  3. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

I received a second chance offer after the deadline and maybe a day before the event. It seems more likely that they held back merchandise to sell in the parks. Why? I don’t know but I’m still waiting on tracking info...

pincrazy likes this.
  4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

And the mystery continues.

5. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

We also know Disney notoriously oversells stuff. My Dad has a “late in the alphabet name” and has been worried that they would run out of something before they got to his letter. Between the original RSP, the returns, the last chance, returns allowed after deadlines, we don’t know how the Event team handled the “accounting.” Maybe their policy to protect for this, was to only assign 95%.

For the stuff that wasn’t Last Chance, we’re still only talking small handfuls of availability?

pincrazy and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  6. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Now that Event Pins have been received, can anyone tell me IF the Gift and Goodbye pins have an edition size on the back??

OR are they just LR (Limited Release)??

Just curious as to Event size. :tigger:

7. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0

I just opened mine to check for you. All three of the pins(both tiny pins and Mickey) say LE 2000 on the back.

8. TiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Thanks!! I guess that's about how many people registered.

$100,000.00 for Disney for a "Non-Event".

AND, it might be that way next year. :(

9. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Active Member

0   0   0

Same here, I would love to have a tracking number but it will not ruin my Christmas spirit!! It'll just give me more time to reorganize and put up the new stuff from our trip! Hope everyone gets what they want in the mystery boxes.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  10. Ilikestarwarspins

Ilikestarwarspins Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I don't understand... why are they selling the ones that were exclusive to the event when not everyone at the event could get them... or is this maybe just a pickup area...?

11. TiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Nope, that's a SALES Area for anyone in the Park. You'll probably see them at Disney Springs soon too. You should see ALL the selling of these on Facebook now!!

Disney ALWAYS sells the "leftover" pins from Events.

I personally think Disney should have waited until paying Event Guests received their pins - in case damaged pins needed replacing.

Also looks like Disney should done a "Last Call" email blast on Sunday to Event Guests for the "leftover" pins.

Ilikestarwarspins likes this.
  12. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

There seems to be two types of frustration regarding this:

1 - people who are frustrated that any extras are being sold outside of the "exclusive" event (usually this is just because it's their first event and don't know that Disney always puts the unsold extras for sale in EPCOT after the event)
    2 - people who are frustrated because they paid for the trade event and weren't awarded pins from their RSP that are now being sold to EPCOT guests

I don't fault Disney for selling their extras in the park; they've done it for past events and they need to get rid of excess merchandise somehow. And it's different this year since they don't have all of the extras on hand at an in-person event to really give attendees a chance at the leftover merchandise before park guests. But I think they should have held off on releasing the extras until further from the event date to allow people receiving damaged/incomplete/incorrect orders to receive a replacement. They should also have done either another second chance store or kept going down the RSP lists until they run out. This would have ensure that the popular pins would go to event participants who requested them and the only pins sold in the parks were truly extras that no event attendee wants.

13. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Actually my frustration is a little different than either of those. I’m frustrated that, on Sunday I’m the second chance store they specifically said they were fully sold out of some of the items that they are now selling. So i didn’t have the opportunity to buy them at the event even though they clearly had some available (since there were no returns allowed at that point). Not sure if they had a bad count or what, but if that’s the case, they could have sent a note to participants letting us know they found some more of the pins and we could add them to our order, just the same as if they had them in the second chance store.

14. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

I thought I had heard, in the past, they use APs to fix errors of this type.

Also, something that I think people may not be considering is that the massive WDW layoffs that happened... I think for the people involved, their last day is December 4th. That's why I think they dropped the event registration, fast RSP, on us so fast. They have to get this out the door, completed by that date. Which would include turning over merchandise from the event to park. It was already clear from the videos that the people involved have other responsibilities other than pins. Other responsibilities, that due to the pandemic I am sure are taking precedence. It does not sound like a happy time in the Mouse House right now.

For anyone that seriously thinks that Disney would take the time and effort to go back over the lists, (if they even exist in a useable form to do what people are asking, and weren't discarded data) to reassign small quantities, I question what kind of experience they have with Disney. How many times does Disney have to show, they just want things sold, they don't really have much interest in how.

momin.ator, TiggerSue and pincrazy like this.
  15. Ilikestarwarspins

Ilikestarwarspins Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I'm the person who picks up the cool discount pins after events are done and they couldn't sell them all LOL. But I always assumed it was because attendees already got the ones they wanted and they were leftovers. Definitely think those that paid for a ticket should have had full "dibs".

Ajk likes this.
  16. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Yeah, I wouldn’t have expected them to go through the RSP list, but feel we should have seen them in the online store... they gave us access to the videos for a week; they could have left the store up and updated it for an extra couple days at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiggerSue, Spr175psu and Ajk like this.
  17. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I'm getting frustrated that I still don't have a shipping notification.

dznycrzyfmly and Rick195275 like this.
  18. dznycrzyfmly

0   0   0

Same here. Maybe they will come in for the new year and it’ll be a sign that 2021 is going to be much better than 2020. . Stay optimistic friends!!

19. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

I was kicking myself that I turned down one of the event pins that I ended up wanting so I buckled and bought it off the bay. And that will be arriving today. So it shipped to someone else and then was shipped to me before I receive a shipping notification for my actual order.

20. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

Made a parody Platinum trophy badge for the event for kicks. Feel free to use it if you have badges in your siggy!

[​IMG]

21. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Logo pin for 2021 event..
    Heros vrs Villains
    [​IMG]
    Pin 28984 Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Maleficent and Phillip

Phillip is already wearing a mask...

22. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Maleficent is going to have to pay a fine.

Pecosace and watzshakinbacon like this.
  23. dznycrzyfmly

0   0   0

Woohoo!! Finally have a tracking number y’all! Supposed to arrive on Monday!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  24. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

What a load of bologna. I had the WDW storytellers in my RSP and wasn't given it. ):<

25. Pinfun

Pinfun Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Somebody in Gardena is getting pins today! Our tracking number was right and we got our pins over a week ago... and then today my deliveries app said the pins are out for delivery. . What a mess.