2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Rick195275

Rick195275 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Can anyone explain to me how the RSP works? Seems like there are 3 major rounds so to speak? Does this mean you can get max 3 pins outside of the mystery boxes?

Ajk likes this.
  2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

First, determine all pins you want from the catalog, and put them in order from your most wanted to least wanted. This will be your first RSP. The order you put them in is very important, because when they are picking winners for each pin, they will first award them to people who put that pin in their #1 spot on the RSP, then go down to people who put it in the #2 slot, etc. The higher a pin is on your RSP list, the more likely it is that you will be awarded it. Now, if 1000 people put the same LE250 pin in first place on their list, obviously not everyone will get it. But if only 200 people did, then they should all be awarded it along with 50 people who put it in second place. When ordering pins, try to keep in mind the LE size and character popularity and put higher LE/less popular characters lower on your list and lower LE/more popular characters higher. Do not put the same lot number in twice on this list; if you want more than one of a certain catalog entry (such as mystery boxes), use the next RSPs for that.

Moving on to RSPs 2 and 3, the place to request extras. You also want to order these from most to least wanted. Do not put any pin in here that you did not also put in RSP1. It is strictly for extras. This is also where you can request duplicates of mystery boxes.

Once you hit Continue, you'll be sent to a second page where you can request extras of the mystery boxes over the three from RSPs 1-3. (Note that this is only for the artist and tiny kingdom sets, at least on my RSP. The mystery set of completer pins from past events on trading cards aren't eligible for extras above the 3 RSPs, I think because they are LE rather than LR.)

3. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Theoretically, but ain’t gonna happen unless there is a fairly unpopular pin. (Or maybe the framed art due to price.)
    Basically they start with the first round. They take a pin and everyone who has that as their first choice gets them as long as there are not more people than pins. If there are more people than pins they are randomized and the lucky people get them. If there are pins left after that priority, they go to folks that listed them as second priority and so on. If there are pins left after everyone who had them on their first round got them, they do the same thing for anyone that listed them on the second round. And finally the third round.

Rick195275 likes this.
  4. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I haven’t checked out the rsp form. How many mystery boxes were they letting people request at this point?

5. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

You can request 3 of the Re-Collections (on RSPs 1-3), and up to 10 each of the artist and tiny pin sets (3 each on the RSPs and 7 each on the mystery box-specific RSPs)

Ajk likes this.
  6. Rick195275

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Great, thank you both! I think I filled it out correctly then. I know I put my most wanted first. I’ll be surprised if I get selected for more than 1 of the ones I really want since they are all pretty low LE sizes. Have to be a few thousand tickets sold right?

timeerkat likes this.
  7. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

The few events that I've gone to I've been awarded more than I thought I would. Though this year is different, since the main draw for this event is the RSP rather than in-person trading, so theoretically more people will be filling at least some things out on their RSP.

Based on the line size and how it moved, I would estimate somewhere in the 2000-2500 range?

8. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    216   0   0

Seems that way! I only put an RSP in for a few pins . I really like the story book collection, but chose one and I’ll be lucky to get that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

I put everything down that I wanted/could justify paying the money for, even if I am 100% sure I won't get it. Like some of the storybook pins on RSP2. Because you never know!

10. tinkerbelle1956

Rating - 100%
    216   0   0

Are you attending the virtual? I clicked on yes but have no clue on what it’s all about?l Going to be interesting and hopefully I can attend.

11. Rick195275

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Figured I should post in here in case anyone else is in the same boat. I have an AP voucher that hasn’t been activated yet. I reached out to the email provided asking if I was still eligible for the discount. The initial response was to screen shot my passes on my account and they should be able to apply the discount for me. Hopefully accurate and helpful to others haha

12. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Or use a Disney Visa for at least 10% off!

Usually AP vouchers aren't good for discounts because it's not an active AP. But who knows what Disney will do

Rick195275 likes this.
  13. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I was working this afternoon but my wonderful mom managed to snap me a spot! Hurray!

Pecosace, TheMickeyMouseRules and Ajk like this.
  14. Rick195275

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Not sure, maybe they are now because it’s oddly enough been working with the shop Disney discount being offered to APs too. They claimed they updated my profile to reflect the discount so I’ll take it lol

starry_solo likes this.
  15. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

Yep, I'll be logging in for as much of the virtual panels and events as I can.

16. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

That WDW Storytellers set is so nice. A bit pricey but if anyone is getting it and splitting up the pins, I would definitely be interested in the Spaceship earth caveman and Brer Frog pins.

17. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Feel free to request them on my coop: For Sale: - 2020 Pin Event Co-Op ATTENDANCE CONFIRMED

18. CaptHookFan

CaptHookFan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

are we allowed to edit the RSP selections after submitted?

19. Rick195275

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

I was able to go back in and change things using the same process. It loaded with my selections already made. It then made me charge the $1 again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ went back in after to double check and the changes were saved.

20. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

My sister and I will be there!

Well... we'll be here. But, you know, virtually there.

21. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Just curious - Who gave the okay to use your name in order to be able to pose questions, let other people send you messages, and other activities, and who passed on that?

Personally, I did the pass so I will just be an observer.

22. tinkerbelle1956

Rating - 100%
    216   0   0

I did click on yes but have no idea what I got myself in to.

Ajk likes this.
  23. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I gave the okay to use my name. I’m not sure to what extent we’d get to interact with other guests, but I thought it would be a good way to build connections if I made my name public. Treating this as like a networking event, I guess.

watzshakinbacon and Ajk like this.
  24. Rick195275

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

I said yes to using my name. Wasn’t really sure what I would be missing out on so I clicked yes. Not positive I’ll even be live for the event so it might not matter.

tinkerbelle1956 and Ajk like this.
  25. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

I said yes. I figured, if the stuff is lame, I can still opt out by just not participating. But if something is cool, then it would be harder to opt back in.

Rick195275 likes this.