2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I have put together a list of everyone I could determine from this thread that says they are going to attend. Like last year, it is available at DPF Reference. Once on the page, look for the following logo link to take you to the searchable database.
    [​IMG]
    1. If you are going and not on the list but would like to added, let me know either here or in a PM.
    2. If you are going and on the list and would like to be removed, let me know here or in a PM.
    3. If you are not going and I misinterpreted something in the thread, let me know and I will remove you.
    Thanks

2. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

I'm attending, I just haven't been vocal.

3. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You've been added. Thanks.

Abyssinian28 likes this.
  4. Rick195275

Rick195275 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

I didn’t see my name on the list but I’ll be there.

5. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I will be attending (just too busy to post lately).

tinkerbelle1956 likes this.
  6. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    216   0   0

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. TangledUpInIce

TangledUpInIce Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Both my sister (slbrabham) and I got a ticket. I’m interested in the panels and discussion while Sis really likes several of the pins. I think I’ll try to help get the BatB Pins she wants.

There wasn’t much for my collections, but that’s okay. The pins cover a wide range of movie characters, past events, and park attractions which I think will make the RSP very interesting.

What are some of people’s favorite pin or pin set? I really like the Beauty and the Beast pin with the packaging like a book. I think the set is very nice.

Is there or set that is kinda blah in your opinion? I like the idea of the green set, but they blend into the emerald so much. I’m passing on it.

Are there any missed opportunities that people think might have made a great pin?
    I wish I had seen a pin with Mickey as Scoop Sanderson on it. With the event celebrating pin trading itself and past events, I miss not seeing a pin with Scoop.

starry_solo and slbrabham like this.
  8. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You are already on the list. When you go to the link above, you have to click the event logo to go to another page and actually see the event attendees. Once there, the default on the list is to only show "10" names. You can find your name, or any other member listed, by typing in the search box or expanding the list to "All" instead of the default "10".

Rick195275 likes this.
  9. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You have been added to the list. Thanks.

10. mjtinkerbell

mjtinkerbell New Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I will be attending. Looking forward to it!

11. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Are you interested in being added to the list?

12. mjtinkerbell

mjtinkerbell New Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yes, please. Sorry that I wasn’t clear.

13. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I'm so in love with the Disney Parks Storytellers sets! I think it's super creative and I want most of them lol.

The mini pins for the event years are cute, but as someone who has only attended one, it wouldn't hardly be worth the money. The time capsule is also eh too. Not much creative there.

I think more pins focused around the actual art of pin trading would have made the most sense. I do love the storytellers pins but the connection to pin trading is a tiny bit of a stretch. They used to do pin trading meta pins all the time so I'm not sure why only one cropped up for an event celebrating pin trading. On the other hand though, it was probably smart from a marketing standpoint to not go too ham on the theme so that they'd have a wider appeal. But Disney is rarely known for being smart in marketing so idk.

slbrabham and Pecosace like this.
  14. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

No worries. You are now on the list.

15. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Looks like I’m the only one that skipped the name piece. Hopefully I won’t regret that decision.

16. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I have a ticket. Undecided if I’ll be at the event - depends what’s on the schedule and I’m moving the next day but I might pop in for a bit. I was mostly in it for the pins though.

17. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    216   0   0

My favorite pin for the event is Beauty And The Beast. I chose that one and Hocus Pocus. I’ll be happy if I get either or.

FoolishMortal71 likes this.
  18. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

I don't think I made the list either

19. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You have been added to the list. Hope to see you virtually.

20. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You are on the list. There appears to be some confusion. The main link takes you to the Trading References database from this thread, Trading: - Pinpics traders, the sequel. From there, if you click the event logo in the the upper right corner, you will reach the event list database. Here is a direct link, Celebrating 20 Years Attendees. Hope this helps everyone.

21. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Please add me to the list....
    Does someone have the final count of how many tickets were sold??
    Time to calculate my chances of getting a storybook..

22. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You have been added to the list.

Disney will never tell you how many tickets they have sold. It's always a big secret.

23. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

I'm most excited for the Robin Hood pin and the set with the characters as kids and adults. The pin design, packaging, etc. on the Robin Hood are all amazing. And I love the idea of the kid and adult versions of characters together on the same pin. (Plus puppy Bolt and kid Judy both have too few pins!) I also like the concepts for the mystery set, adding an additional pin for each of those respective years' mystery sets and the artists getting to tell us more about themselves by what stories they picked to highlight.

They may not tell us exactly how many tickets sold, but we can get an estimation based on the LE size of the welcome pin and goodbye gift. They can't underproduce those since it's something that all attendees are supposed to get, and they won't overproduce those by a lot because they are specifically meant as attendee gifts and theoretically wouldn't sell extras of those outside of the event.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  24. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I would like to be added to the list of event attendees @swscref . Thank you

@timeerkat is correct... the LE size of the welcome/goodbye pins is the question. I don't see the LE size being more than 2000 and I think it likely will be 1500. Hmmm, thinking guessing the LE size correctly (and thus the number of people who will attend) could be a fun game. Of course are there really that many options for the LE size... so maybe not a fun pin game?

25. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

The last couple events had an LE size of 1250 on the welcome and goodbye gift. I'm assuming Disney had the designs and LE size figured out long before they decided to cancel the in person event, because they still have to do QC inspection, and all that fine stuff that comes with mass manufacturing. So, if there's more than 1250 attending, they'd have to scrap the pins stamped on the back with "LE 1250" and come out with a new pin with a new LE size or just stamp as LR.

But, there's many routes Disney could have taken to still come up with a welcome and goodbye gift to accommodate the higher attendance number. If they had keen foresight to have just stamped it as LR from before they knew a pandemic was coming, then they could admit way more than 1250.