2020 Pin Event Update

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jul 9, 2020.

1. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I'm betting it will be an Limited Release this year.

2. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I added you to the list when I created it.

3. Fins4pins

Fins4pins Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

My opinion
    Final approvals came mid to late July by this time most Important event organizers/ approves had already returned to work. Manufacturing lead times / shipping/ customs So figure 90 days for delivery.
    Disney posted in late July that the event would by virtual so I’m guessing they knew how many event tickets they were going to sell.
    So my guess is 1,500 tickets

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  4. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

Thank you. I get it now!

5. CaptHookFan

CaptHookFan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

please add me to the list, thanks @swscref

6. Cheshirecat26

Cheshirecat26 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

I finally figured out my RSP. It was very stressful. This year I was planning to go to the Annual Pin Event for the first time, so I was happy I was able to snag one of the tickets. We will see if I get any of my RSPs.

7. jmpower114

jmpower114 New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This is my first Pin Event - I'm really confused by RSP. There are 2 pins I would like. How do I create my RSP so I have the best chance?
    #31 Disney Film Story Tellers - I only want the Pongo pin, but it comes as a set.. so if I get it.-I get it -I think.
    #20 Recollections - I'd like the Fairy Tails Pin (because Patch!). But it's randomly selected..

So should I put Recollections as my number #1 choice in all three rounds?
    I'm not sure how to get the best chances of getting the Patch Fairy Tail Pin.

Ajk likes this.
  8. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

If you only want one of a pin you should only put it in the first round rsp. All putting it in the second or third round will do is help you get a second or third one of it.

While you never know what will happen, if I were you, I would put the storytellers as my first choice and recollections as my second since storytellers has a lower LE and therefore I higher chance of selling out.

jmpower114 likes this.
  9. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

If I'm not already on the list of attendees, please add me :)

10. jmpower114

jmpower114 New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you Ajk! That really helps!

Ajk likes this.
  11. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I think I saw someone with a coop of it

12. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

starry_solo likes this.
  13. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

With it being blind box, there is no way to guarantee that you will get Patch. But, if you put it as your first choice for all three RSPs you'll probably have a fairly good chance of getting at least two boxes if not all three, since I'm guessing most people will have those boxes further down on their lists due to the higher LE size. Then if you don't get him from your own box(es), you'll have pin(s) from the same set to try and trade for him with someone who did.

jmpower114 likes this.
  14. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I really want the Dreamfinder / Figment from that set and getting a couple boxes and hoping to trade into it if needed is my plan. I imagine there will be a few people aiming for one or two and looking to trade if they don’t get it.

timeerkat likes this.
  15. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Yep. Put me on the "looking for a couple/few" list. Must keep my John Ratzenbueger set complete. :)

Definitely will need a thread to trade them. :)

slbrabham, timeerkat and Ajk like this.
  16. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Here here. That was the only pin I want from the whole catalog, the John Ratzenbueger's Juan Ortodoncia.

I put down #20 Re-Collections in each of my RSPs in hopes that one of the 3 will be lucky for me. If not then I will at least have 3 chances to trade from him from the same set.

timeerkat likes this.
  17. echan50

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Like what @Ajk mentioned before: placing an item on each of the RSPs will better your chances of getting an additional one. I believe Item #20 is a blind box which means you will not be allowed to select which character you want. However unlike the two mystery box sets they did not give you a chance to get 10 of this item. So for me I placed #20 on each of my RSPs to hopefully get 3.

jmpower114 likes this.
  18. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Yeah, I think there will be very many people looking to trade these to get the ones they wanted. I just hope we don’t all want the same ones! :)

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  19. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I assume everyone is getting the same email I just got, but in case anyone misses it in the email...
    Disney just sent out a reminder to get the RSP in by tomorrow and said "Due to the many requests, we have added item 20 Re-Collections: Trading Card and Pin to the 4th through 10th rounds of the RSP. If you have already submitted your RSP you are still able to add this item until the deadline tomorrow."

20. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

Email:

"We are sending you this friendly reminder that if you are planning on pre-purchasing merchandise for this event, choices for your Random Selection Process (RSP) are due by 11:59 PM (ET) on October 13, 2020. You can submit your RSP by visiting the specific event links below and entering your registration code (11071-3224411-9086) to enter your choices. You may also continue to add or make changes to your existing choices using this same link until October 13, 2020.

Update: Due to the many requests, we have added item 20 Re-Collections: Trading Card and Pin to the 4th through 10th rounds of the RSP. If you have already submitted your RSP you are still able to add this item until the deadline tomorrow.

RSP Submission: please click here or copy and paste into your browser: www.DisneyUrl.com/20thRSP

For your reference, you can view the merchandise catalog online at the links below:

Merchandise Catalog: please click here or copy and paste into your browser: www.disneyurl.com/20thPinCatalog

Your RSP Awarded Items will be sent to you via email on or around October 23, 2020.

We are just so excited for this event and we hope you are too. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We may be reached via email at events@disneydestinations.com.

Disney Events"

Spr175psu likes this.
  21. echan50

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Yippie! I guess someone informed them that they actually had a 3rd mystery box set and people would be interested in buying more than 3.

slbrabham, timeerkat and Ajk like this.
  22. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

I’m happy about #20 being on RSP’s 4-10 also :)

23. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You are already on the list. Make sure you are on the right page, Celebrating 20 Years Attendees, before performing your search. If you are on the main page of the site, that is for PP trading references.

24. swscref

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You are already on the list. I think you were the very first name I added. ;)

25. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Just found this thread. I’m so far behind! But I am attending the event (and am not on the list), and got my RSP in, and gave the ok to use my name.

Now to wait... and pray... and sprinkle some pixie dust... and cross fingers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk