2020 Pin Releases

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by hopemax, Dec 5, 2019.

1. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

[​IMG]

2. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

HaHaHa! I see what you did there. *Snort* Darling.

3. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

You must have The Sight.

[​IMG]

4. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    280   0   0

I blame my first cup of coffee’s lack of power for me having to reread this five times to get it - love it ;P

watzshakinbacon and momin.ator like this.
  5. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

6. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

7. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    571   0   0

[​IMG]

The pins are lovely.

But those cards are suuuuuuper bad...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    228   0   0

I hate the new cards! My Princess Crests came on them too and they bend easily and they just look tacky.

9. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

Welcome to the new WDI backer cards moving forward. Bland, boring, limited edition.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

watzshakinbacon and MerlinEmrys like this.
  10. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    571   0   0

I don't wanna be that guy.

But.

They look like Acme cards. XD

watzshakinbacon and momin.ator like this.
  11. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

But does every ACME backer look like a holographic Pokemon card? It's LiMIteD EdiTIoN

Also, just holding mine for a second, I already have grease smudges on it.

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  12. Tallie29

Tallie29 Member

0   0   0

More Aristocats!?
    [​IMG]

13. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

Okay but seriously, folks - are you a backer card collector or are you a pin collector?

I could care less what the backer cards look like. I don't think I've ever displayed a pin on its card. They're not meant to be exciting, they're meant to be tossed.

At this point I get that backer cards help with some sense of authenticity when trading, but I'm old school and so long as we got the pin for our collection we never gave a hoot about even having the card, much less debated their artistic appeal.

14. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

I appreciate nice backer cards, but yes, I put them in a box and forget about them.

In trades, it seems more and more important, to the point that I got chided in a trade because my WDI backer card had a crease in it. They gave me no backer card with the pin they had, but I got dinged because of my backer card.

I rolled my eyes harder than I ever have before. They only did this because they were taking their less popular pin trading it out for my pin to sell and wanted it in perfect condition. But, the backer card for all intents and purposes is not part of the trade in my opinion.

15. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    571   0   0

It's just part of the initial presentation. And those little touches add a lot to the first impression, at least for me.

When a student writes a paper titled "Literary Analysis," I roll my eyes and prepare for an unoriginal essay. I don't mark them down for the title, but it's often indicative of their flavor.

But when a student writes a paper titled "Patterns of Insanity in 'The Yellow Wallpaper'", I'll definitely look more forward to that paper, hahah!

At the end of the day, for sure thay backer card goes in a box never to see the light of day again. And that title doesn't really matter. But it for sure paints my initial response to the pin. :)

16. Lizard1515

Lizard1515 BATB, PATF, Cinderella, and Disney Dog collector.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

My keeper pins always go on a board or display of some sort so I could genuinely care less about the backer card. If it's cool then awesome, but either way it sits in a drawer. I've also never sold a pin so that wouldn't matter to me either. When I trade for pins I don't ever really note whether it's on the card, I usually assume if someone cares about that then they'll specifically ask.

Pecosace likes this.
  17. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I guess I'm like most Collectors, if it is a "special" card (creates a background/story) or is from a "special" source (WDI, DSSH, DA, Overseas, Festival), I keep it.

These days, I'm even keeping the regular cards, in case I want trade or sell it in the future. IF I have a choice, I'd rather the card be perfect too but, in the end, it's the PIN that matters. :) :)

While the old WDI and DSSH cards "stood out", it's obviously a cost saving move. (And, yes, they look like Acme cards, LOL). :tigger:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 8:00 AM
  18. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

You just brought back repressed memories of reading a passage from that short story for the FCAT. Completely forgot it existed, but insanity is quite correct.

But in terms of backer cards, I appreciate the nicer unique ones and the ones that are either plain looking or not as nice (don’t see too many not as nice) don’t bother me. But a nice backer card that has really stood out is the ones for the Fantasia 80th LE parks pins...it’s huge and has a nice outline! I also appreciate the cleverness of the I Collect backgrounds being the wall at Pin Traders.

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  19. Sortlora

Sortlora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

I keep all my cards and prefer backer cards when buying or selling but more to verify it’s authenticity than anything. Of course you can still get fakes with cards. If I trust the trader I don’t care and I definitely don’t care about creases. That being said with Shopdisney’s abysmal shipping this year I have receive some horrendous cards and that did super annoy me.

20. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    141   0   0

Ahh the yellow wallpaper!! Makes me wanna read it again haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MerlinEmrys and Pecosace like this.
  21. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Right? What's up with loungefly and Aristocats pins? Thing is, though...I really like most of them. I had a small Cats collection that was mainly Figaro but it's definitely been taken over with a variety of Aristocats. :tigger: Also, I know I shouldn't put this out there, but I wouldn't mind a new Figaro and Lucifer. Not together, of course!

22. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

23. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

24. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

OMG! These finally released!!

They were supposed to be released in the parks on 8 March which is International Women’s Day and my birthday. I live in Virginia but I was sailing out of Florida on 9 March to get married on a Disney Cruise and was flying in early on 8 March with plans to spend the afternoon/evening at Disney Springs and was desperately hoping these would be there when I got there. Then they were delayed for unspecified reasons and I was so disappointed. I figured they’d eventually release at the parks and I had missed my best shot at getting them. So excited they’re finally released and I was able to order them!

25. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    571   0   0