2020 Pin Releases

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by hopemax, Dec 5, 2019.

1. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

I wonder, with the bot people bragging so much about the Nurse's Day pin + businesses having to focus on their online infrastructure, if the issues finally got on the right person's radar. We'll have to see if this was a one time thing, if people's orders get cancelled, etc.

Next up, shipment packaging, lol.

2. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I did that last week. Called and had the charges removed.

3. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Sounds like folks were able to get what they wanted, but if anyone needs an emblem or cruiser, I will have a trader of each (knock wood!)

4. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Maybe enough people complained and the publicity was bad.

5. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Glad you got it.

Connies_Hobby and MerlinEmrys like this.
  6. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

I just tried. Got the BATB, Dr. Facilier, Brother Bear, Dale pin trading, and threw in a Hercules and Pegasus. There were a couple of pins that showed sold out, but when I tried again, it showed available. Unfortunately, that happened with Orange Bird and then at checkout, it said sold out again. He really is so darn cute! Anyway, keep trying if you get the sold out, just in case!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

7. broadwaybookworm

broadwaybookworm Active Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

This was my first time trying the new system. Was able to grab Belle, the unicorn from previous week, and a couple traders with no problem. Only showed sold out for the Alice pin

8. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    562   0   0

Looking like Alice Cruiser, I Collect, and Orange Bird have completely sold out. They aren't showing up in searches any more.

I'm very surprised the Enchanted Emblem is still up...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ajk likes this.
  9. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Sounds like maybe someone at Disney heard our pleas and made some anti-bot changes? Or maybe this just wasn't an interesting release for flippers but every release seems to be interesting to them...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Me too. I guess there were at least two thousand shoppers today, but less than three thousand.

11. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

Maybe the people behind the bots ran out of money.

12. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

[​IMG]

13. curiousdinah

curiousdinah Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Ok, I did this to myself. Forgot it was Thursday. Said to myself the other day they haven’t released an Alice pin in a while....and.... now I missed an Alice pin. :(

akarih likes this.
  14. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

I almost bought one... ugh! wish I had. I hope you are able to find to trade for.

15. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

They got absolutely lambasted on their "technical difficulties" post on twitter lol. I think that's the most vitriol I've seen directed at the company aside from the people complaining about wearing masks at Springs. I think they heard us loud and clear this time. Not to mention all the people on the ShopDisney instagram @ ing them over the $500+ charges on their accounts with no purchase confirmation.

Sounds like I should have tried the release this morning, darn. Still holding out that they'll have extras at the parks when reopened though.

On a similar bright note, I already got my shipping notice for the Main Attraction pins! Seems they're finally getting themselves together!

DisneyJ and slbrabham like this.
  16. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

@MerlinEmrys
    Wasn’t the Enchanted Emblem a Disneyland specific series? Were any of the other releases Disneyland specific? Maybe more are to come.

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  17. Carpentrygod

Carpentrygod Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I would be interested in your Timothy Mouse Bag pin , if your willing to trade it. Please take a look at my traders on PinPics: Carpentrygod
    Thank You

slbrabham likes this.
  18. Pibbman

Pibbman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

If you two don’t match well, I also ordered one that you could trade for.

slbrabham likes this.
  19. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    562   0   0

Quite a bit was DLR exclusive today, which was good. :) I'm assuming the Alice Cruiser was DLR, though since that series alternates they could have done two WDW in a row since they skipped DLR's Splash Mountain.

Enchanted Emblems are DLR's exclusive, as is Scratch and Sniff. Though why DLR would get a WDW character (Orange Bird) for their exclusive set is beyond me.

So, I am molified as to the exclusivity problem for the most part. :) at least in this situation XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

akarih likes this.
  20. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

That was strange that the Orange Bird was a DLR exclusive. The Emblem was the only one I knew for sure as a DLR since my sister got me the BatB for me when she got her Tangled.

Maybe these pins weren’t delivered to DLR and sent to the Shop Disney distribution centers as the parks were closed?

I’m glad the DLR releases were on Shop Disney, too. I agree that it is nice to have many different options. :D

Pibbman likes this.
  21. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I bought everything except the Brother Bear and Dale to use as traders. I love the Cruiser, but being an Alice only collector it doesn’t fit my collection since she’s not actually on it Was hoping it would look like the Ariel cruiser where it had her face on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slbrabham and Pibbman like this.
  22. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

I was wondering this also. Could these DLR pins be pins that just were shipped straight from the factory in China to shopdisney. This is why we are not seeing the old hag emblem? Its still stuck in a warehouse in CA, since it was on the release docket.

Fins4pins, slbrabham and akarih like this.
  23. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I’m guessing the ones we were expecting to come next in the series had already made it to DLR, while those that come after are still at the fulfillment center stage so they get released online instead just to pass the time before DLR can open and sell the ones that are stuck there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Carpentrygod

Carpentrygod Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Pm sent

25. SplashMtRider23

SplashMtRider23 Active Member

0   0   0

I'm interested in trading for the cruiser, will send a pm!

Ajk likes this.