2020 PTD Discussion Thread...new PTDs updated 10/13/2020

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by starry_solo, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Good question. And on the PTDs, they even specify you need to show ID when you pick them up. So payment took place in advance and, i believe, said no returns or cancellations. So does that mean they keep the money and resell the pin? Or will they actually provide refunds to those people? And either way, when/where will the pins be sold? maybe in the store when it eventually opens again? Just wondering.

2. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

If you don’t make the time...they lie in wait..lol
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

So...it says this:

"If you were a guest of the Loveliest Pin Trading Event, and you sent your vouchers to Teresa before the closure, please contact Teresa via email at Teresa.Saenz@Disney.com. Please note, this will be the last opportunity to redeem your remaining Pin Trader Delight vouchers."

Does this mean that they held out some for the PTD vouchers? We still have 2 to use and sis sent an email asking for LGM and Kuzco...we will see if she is successful

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I just noticed this wording about an hour ago also (before I saw your post)... I did not see it yesterday. Makes me wonder if it was even there.

We (daughter and I) also have one each of the vouchers to use, so I also just sent Teresa an email. A bit more than a 1 hour notice for the new expiration date would have been nice (since one hour is how fast the PTDs sold out (ie, I went into the system to see what I could buy and the PTDs showed sold out.) As far as my awareness, no other notice for the new PTD voucher expiration date was provided.

I am a bit appalled (and frustrated) by the callousness with which DSSH handled the remaining vouchers from the event. After 6 months of COVID boredom the first PTD release was bound to be off the charts and they made that one the last one for the vouchers? Seriously? Just add it to Disney's shipping issues, the crap releases, etc.

bookhugger, coblj003 and Ajk like this.
  5. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

FWIW, I saw the language and can vouch for it being there. I read it to mean that they will give you a refund on the price of the pin when you pick it up if you have your ticket. So if you already sent in your ticket, you need to work with Teresa to get the refund. But that's purely a guess on my part.

Fully agree with how shabby the whole situation is. I would think a much fairer way of handling this would have been to reach to the event attendees and let them know well in advance they would be doing this. Or, better yet, give the attendees first shot at getting the pins via ticket exchange and then only make the remaining pins available to the public.

pincrazy and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  6. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

It was there; there was some confusion in the Facebook groups over it.

I am curious to see what the response is. I used my vouchers immediately after the event so I have no skin in the game, I'm just curious.

coblj003 and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  7. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Well, I received a response (quick one - I will give them). The had a Kuzco and Tink and so that is what daughter and I are getting, so I guess all is okay (we were able to use the vouchers), but still... a little notice. Wow...

@starry_solo I hope Teresa also was able to come up with PTDs for you and your sister.

bookhugger likes this.
  8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Yup, I know! I saw this at lunch time yesterday when another DPF member messaged me. I quickly messaged sis, who had to get onto her phone to send the email. I told her to ask for LGM. Then, we had to decide between Kuzco and Tink. So we picked Kuzco. Then she sent a second email...

Congrats! I hope we also have that success @TheMickeyMouseRules

9. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Just weighing in, I saw the notice yesterday too. I was thinking they likely held a certain amount for people to email to be able to claim. Still wanna know what they do about orders that had to be cancelled for not being people who could pickup, or what they'll do if local people don't come for their pickup window at all?

10. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

Save them for future event trade boards?

Ajk likes this.
  11. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

@TheMickeyMouseRules : no response from Teresa to either email (first email sent re: LGM, second email sent re: Kuzco). Order originally went through a Yahoo! email account so I sent a new (third) email from our non-Yahoo! account and cc'd the Yahoo! account.

12. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

Here's (some of) your answers ... Special attention to the last paragraph ...

[​IMG]

13. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

OK, I take it back. Teresa responded to sis' first email, but not the second. But we are confirmed for LGM PTD and Kuzco PTD.

14. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

@bcol - you get your money back!

bcol likes this.
  15. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Interesting re: the vouchers. Any chance y'all get the popcorn and slushees too? Also if anyone has an extra Tink PTD available for trade, please let me know!

16. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

So, sis mentioned that her PTDs are going to be shipped. I think those with vouchers are the exception for shipping so no popcorn and slushies

Purplemandms likes this.
  17. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

USPS specifically says no Liquids can be shipped so it would have to be frozen when they send it. :p

momin.ator likes this.
  18. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

They could test it like at Dairy Queen where they flip it upside down to check

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bcol, starry_solo and momin.ator like this.
  19. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

AND THUSLY THE STREETS OF HOLLYWOODE RAN RED AND BLUE

momin.ator and akarih like this.
  20. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Add that to the white pigeon poop and it's compltetely patriotic!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

21. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

[​IMG]

Nice little detail on the Tink - the spoon has the initials P.P. on it

22. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

OK, sis got a notice that she had a package waiting for her (we ship to an alternate, physical mailing address). When she goes to get it from the parcel locker, nothing is there....we *hope* it wasn't the PTDs and that the UPS man (or woman) accidentally tried to use the locker, before realizing the other two parcels we had delivered were too big to go inside....

23. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

Queue-it

[​IMG]

OMG I actually saw it as it popped up!

24. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I'm in but can't pick up, anyone want them? I can put in your name? PM me NOW

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  25. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I don’t see an option to select the PTD combo when I’m in...