2021 Pin Thread (January-April)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by GuruGuy128, Nov 14, 2020.

1. GuruGuy128

GuruGuy128 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

One of the members over at the Disney Pins Blog FB group was able to provide a preview of an upcoming pin series called Where Fantasy Grows it's got some cool effects there may be a look at more in the future.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  2. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Fully expecting an Alice in the garden of flowers in this series!

3. Ilikestarwarspins

Ilikestarwarspins Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I want to see that terrarium in person. I have a few terrarium pins but I mostly like crystals / plants in them. But I've never seen a 3D one before!

Ajk likes this.
  4. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Oh yeah. That will be nice.

5. GuruGuy128

0   0   0

6. GuruGuy128

0   0   0

First releases of 2021 this new Lunar New Year Set form Hong Kong

[​IMG]

7. IrvineLotus

IrvineLotus Member

0   0   0

Is there a list of movies that are going to celebrate anniversaries in 2021?

8. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

January:
    101 Dalmatians - 60th

February:
    Recess: School's Out - 20th
    Bambi 2 - 15th
    Gnomeo and Juliet - 10th

March:
    Mars Needs Moms - 10th
    Zootopia - 5th

April:
    Make Mine Music - 75th
    James and the Giant Peach - 25th
    The Wild - 15th

June:
    Hunchback of Notre Dame - 25th
    Atlantis: The Lost Empire - 20th
    Cars - 15th
    Cars 2 - 10th
    Finding Dory - 5th

July:
    Alice in Wonderland - 70th
    Fox and the Hound - 40th
    Great Mouse Detective - 35th
    Winnie the Pooh - 10th

October:
    Dumbo - 80th

November:
    Beauty and the Beast - 30th
    Monster's Inc. - 20th
    Moana - 5th

9. GuruGuy128

0   0   0

Hmm Disney Store Japan already had a 101 Dalmatian Collection this month, so I don't think they'll have another one for the anniversary.

10. GuruGuy128

0   0   0

2021 Pin event release

[​IMG]

11. GuruGuy128

0   0   0

More Lunar New Year pins this time from Shanghai Disneyland

We got a Pin Set

[​IMG]

12. GuruGuy128

0   0   0

Another New Pin

Disney Store Japan Clarabelle Cow

[​IMG]

13. Moonie

Moonie Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I would expect Atlantis to be skipped, but that lovely kida pin this summer and the shocking amount of TENG pins give me hope!

pooh 2011 is going to be COMPLETELY ignored though :,(

14. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

I feel like Clarabelle has never gotten so much pin love at one time before!

Good luck on getting loads of new awesome Atlantis pins! I would assume/hope that Pooh will at least have a WDI film strip. They did one for Fantasia 2000, after all. I would guess that not much of anything will happen for Recess, though. I don't think a single official Recess pin has ever been made.

I'm worried most about Zootopia. It is going to kill my wallet dead next year, with the 5th anniversary and the new land opening in Shanghai.

Moonie likes this.
  15. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

This is the year in the cycle that I dread.

Connies_Hobby and Jabberwocky like this.
  16. GuruGuy128

0   0   0

Shanghai Disneyland Lunar New Year Secret Pin Set

Pins come in the drawstring bag so you don't know what your getting

[​IMG]

Tallie29 likes this.
  17. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

Feb is also Winnie the Pooh and the Hunny Tree's 55th. I believe it will be heavily featured.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

18. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

DisneyJ likes this.
  19. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

2021 D23 Gold Member gift has been revealed, which includes a five-pin set.

D23 Reveals 2021 Gold Member Gift Set Celebrating Walt Disney World's 50th

"
    [​IMG]
    D23 EXPO 2015 - D23 EXPO, the ultimate Disney fan event, brings together all the past, present and future of Disney entertainment under one roof. Taking place August 14-16, this year marks the fourth D23 EXPO at the Anaheim Convention Center and promises to be the biggest and most spectacular yet. (Disney/Image Group LA)
    If you join or renew Disney’s D23 fan club in 2021 at the Gold level, there’s a pretty cool gift you’ll get. The set celebrates the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World.

The member set includes 5 retro-style pins, a pennant, a vinyl record featuring music from the parks, a commemorative newspaper, and a vintage-inspired lunchbox!

Here’s D23’s description of what’s included in the 2021 Gold Collector Set (what they used to call the “Member gift”):

• A usable tin lunchbox, paying tribute to a 1970s classic, featuring both vintage favorites and attractions and characters from around Walt Disney World
    [​IMG]

Taking inspiration from a fabulous 1973 fan favorite, this lunchbox—designed by Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily—features Mickey, Donald, Chip and Dale, icons from all four Walt Disney World theme parks, a magical musical band led by Figment himself, and vignettes of scenes from Typhoon Lagoon to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.

• A custom-designed set of five soft enamel pins, honoring some of our favorite personalities from the parks
    Designed exclusively for D23 Gold Members by artists Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily, these pins feature the Orange Bird atop the classic Walt Disney World Logo, Henry the Bear from Country Bear Jamboree at the Magic Kingdom, Figment from EPCOT’s Journey Into Imagination, R3-X from his “Captain Rex” years at Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and the legendary Yeti from Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

• A retro felt pennant to put your D23 pride on display anywhere you go
    [​IMG]

Inspired by the vivid colors and designs of retro Walt Disney World shopping bags, this full-sized D23 pennant—designed by artist and the Official Voice of Mickey Mouse, Bret Iwan—allows you to show off your membership to The Official Disney Fan Club at home or wherever you go!

• An exclusive 7” vinyl album, Walt Disney World: Then and Now
    In partnership with Walt Disney Records, D23 is proud to present a “mini-version” of the ultimate theme park souvenir: the theme park soundtrack album! Pressed on cheerful transparent red vinyl, this exclusive 7” disc features a 1971 classic, “Bear Band Serenade” from Country Bear Jamboree, on one side and a modern classic, “Nothing Can Stop Us Now” from Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, on the other—on vinyl for the first time.

• A 2021 tribute to an original publication, the Walt Disney World News, filled with articles curated to commemorate this milestone
    The set also features a 2021 tribute to an original publication, the Walt Disney World News, filled with articles curated to commemorate this milestone. Inside, you’ll find a welcome letter from head of D23 Michael Vargo, a retrospective on the origins of Walt Disney’s “Florida Project,” and a tribute to “50 Favorite Things” found at Walt Disney World Resort—written by the staff of D23 and the Walt Disney Archives to inspire adventures of your own!

As we previously shared, D23’s 2021 membership options include two paid plans, an individual “Gold” plan starting at $99.99 and a “Gold Duo” plan (which replaces the Family Plan in 2021) at $129.99.
    "

20. GuruGuy128

0   0   0

Posted this list to the 2021 Series Thread too

Disneyland® Resort
    • Disney Dream Destinations (Travel Posters)
    • Cuckoo for Disney Pins! (Cuckoo Clocks)
    • Quarterly Glitzy Gear (Gem Pendant)
    Walt Disney World® Resort
    • Magical Comics
    • Quarterly Toy (Action Figure)
    Shared Pin Releases (DLR & WDW):
    • Where Fantasy Grows: A Disney Terrarium Series
    • Magic in the Stars (Astrological)
    • Artfully Evil (Villains Portraits
    • Windows of Main Street U.S.A® Area (Bi-Monthly and alternates between each coast)

Ajk and Pecosace like this.
  21. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Thank you for posting all of this info. I was leaning towards not getting the membership since it didn't seem very beneficial (if you don't live in Cali) besides the member gift. I really like the member gift and was hoping to buy it from someone who didn't want it but now that they mentioned the d23 expo I'm not sure if that would be worth it. I may wait though still since it could very well be cancelled due to covid if it gets bad.

I think I am safe for the most part but could see Atlantis, Finding Dory, Great Mouse Detective, and Moana being vacuums for my wallet. Luckily they are either not very popular or only 5 year anniversary so I should be safe compared to BatB or Dumbo say.

I was hoping the monthly 2021 releases wouldn't be too appealing for my collections since I won't be by WDW most of the year, but it seems that of course the Disney Merchandise Magic strikes again.

I, ironically, think I am safe from both WDW exclusive sets but will try to collect the Terrarium series and Main Street Windows as well as the DLR exclusive travel posters (if anyone at DLR wants to help let me know please!).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  22. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

That is a crazy big gift set.

23. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

It's hard for me to know if I care without seeing any examples. I've seen the terrarium (love it) and the comics (not as much). Anyone know what the others look like?

24. Sortlora

Sortlora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Cuckoo clocks seems bizarre not necessarily in a bad way. I hope there’s a Frollo for the Artfully evil set

shooting4ownhand likes this.
  25. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Ugh I could see so many of these having Wonderland pins in the set - especially Travel Posters, Cuckoo Clocks, Terrarium and Villain Portraits!

Plus I fully expect DL to continue their Wonderland anniversary multi-pin programs with several LE's, a box set, a mystery set and a frame set. :( This is gonna be such a pin-expensive year!

Cheshirecat26 likes this.