• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

I've decided I'm going for Mulan this time. Still not sure about the overall color balance, but I hope I like her even more in person. Did anyone happen to get her early somehow or know someone that did so we can see more pictures of her?

I feel more confident about buying a doll I'm unsure of, now that I know the return process is fairly simple for ShopDisney.

I may be the only one who bought Mulan here, but I got my order confirmation. :) Now I just need to figure out how to fix whatever is lacking or wrong with her pants. :p

Really excited to get Mulan! This was my first time buying a doll directly from Disney (my other dolls were bought second hand). I was already signed in & everything by 7 and my waiting room was about 15~ minutes. Is that typical? I know the Ultimate Princess line dolls have big edition sizes, so it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to be prepared for future, more limited releases.

Also, saw the pins for Pocahontas and Ariel are finally up! The Ariel one tho... Wasn't a huge fan of the actual doll, but compared to the pin suddenly the doll looks great. They did a terrible job capturing the colors and the hair. Didn't see Mulan's pin though.

Oh my gosh - 9,900 LE size for Mulan. All 4 dolls still available on the website. They've doubled the prices of these dolls since they first came out - greed much? There is a fine line between making more and pricing them. The higher the qty, the lower the price should be. Mulan is gorgeous - but at the same time, do I want to buy her now when my gut tells me these will all go on sale eventually. Who knew we could decide for 4 months on Jasmine??!! lol

Really excited to get Mulan! This was my first time buying a doll directly from Disney (my other dolls were bought second hand). I was already signed in & everything by 7 and my waiting room was about 15~ minutes. Is that typical? I know the Ultimate Princess line dolls have big edition sizes, so it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to be prepared for future, more limited releases.

Also, saw the pins for Pocahontas and Ariel are finally up! The Ariel one tho... Wasn't a huge fan of the actual doll, but compared to the pin suddenly the doll looks great. They did a terrible job capturing the colors and the hair. Didn't see Mulan's pin though.
Congratulations! Now comes the waiting for shipping updates. :p

From what I've seen, it doesn't seem to matter how early I log into the website. Because I've logged in at 8 a.m. eastern time and it doesn't change how soon I get into the waiting room later on. And I usually refresh my page every 30 seconds about 5 minutes prior to the start time of 7am PST.

Sometimes I get in the waiting room a few minutes early, and sometimes I don't get in until a few minutes after 7 am. I'm not sure what their criteria is anymore. They confuse me. But thankfully with the higher quantity I'm not stressed out since I have plenty of time to buy the dolls now.

Oh my gosh - 9,900 LE size for Mulan. All 4 dolls still available on the website. They've doubled the prices of these dolls since they first came out - greed much? There is a fine line between making more and pricing them. The higher the qty, the lower the price should be. Mulan is gorgeous - but at the same time, do I want to buy her now when my gut tells me these will all go on sale eventually. Who knew we could decide for 4 months on Jasmine??!! lol
I would definitely be ecstatic if they would drop the prices. Not that I have a lot of room in my house, but I could consider buying more dolls at lower prices. :D

It really is crazy how Jasmine is still up! At this point you're probably pretty safe to wait it out, maybe? I wish we could see how many dolls were left, but they would never give us that information... I'd love to get my dolls cheaper.

Jut ordered! I can’t wait for her to come in the mail, she’s so beautiful! I’m always blown away at how much better they look in person ! One thing I finally noticed that I didn’t in the original promos are the blue accents in her outfit such as the earrings, the belt and the shoes. I do wish they would have gone just a little further with the blue accents but overall I think they did a very good job on her.

I’m so appreciative to Disney for increasing the edition sizes. I know some collectors may not like that but I personally don’t purchase dolls for the collecting value, I purchase to personally own and enjoy them and having an increased edition size has not only made this collection less desirable to scalpers and resellers it has also made this collecting process fun, easy, enjoyable and stress free. It makes me wonder if all the dolls will still be available on shopdisney by the end of the year and if there will be some kind of sale, but even so, I much prefer this slow and steady pace Disney is releasing them in. I personally don’t have an issue with the price at all. We’ve been paying this same price range for at least the last six years on designers and I think If they were lower in price , I’m sure they would sell out much faster and become scarce. It seems like Disney found the perfect sweet spot. With the disappearance of Disney stores and issues of product demand and competitiveness, I feel as if Disney put a lot of thought and strategy into releasing this line.

I would definitely be ecstatic if they would drop the prices. Not that I have a lot of room in my house, but I could consider buying more dolls at lower prices. :D

It really is crazy how Jasmine is still up! At this point you're probably pretty safe to wait it out, maybe? I wish we could see how many dolls were left, but they would never give us that information... I'd love to get my dolls cheaper.

I believe they advertised the collection would include 15 dolls. So far , the website has added Snow White to the release schedule. one doll releases per month so we at least know which dolls are releasing from now through July. The last five months from August to December should include Cinderella, RAYA, Belle, Elsa and Anna

About a month ago, I was able to snag Jasmine off Mercari for $10 cheaper than buying from Disney. Her edition number is around 9200-9300, I forget exactly. If we assume Disney sells the dolls roughly in accordance with their edition numbers (low numbers first, higher numbers later as the stock dwindles), then there was probably around 500-600 Jasmines left as of late November/early December. Who knows how Christmas might’ve impacted those numbers, or how many are set aside for like, the parks or international markets. Or maybe this entire premise is wrong and the edition number you get doesn’t necessarily reflect how much stock is left idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I believe they advertised the collection would include 15 dolls. So far , the website has added Snow White to the release schedule. one doll releases per month so we at least know which dolls are releasing from now through July. The last five months from August to December should include Cinderella, RAYA, Belle, Elsa and Anna
Ahh, I didn't know who was going to be in the last unreleased group yet. That sounds about right adding Raya, since she's so recent. I was hoping for Megara or Kida, but I know they aren't kid favorites. So, wishful thinking. :p

I agree about the larger lots of dolls too. I'm not really in it for the resale aspect, as I really like to enjoy my doll collection on a personal level. Many of my dolls I have removed from their boxes. Oh well! I like to pose them for photographs, heh.

About a month ago, I was able to snag Jasmine off Mercari for $10 cheaper than buying from Disney. Her edition number is around 9200-9300, I forget exactly. If we assume Disney sells the dolls roughly in accordance with their edition numbers (low numbers first, higher numbers later as the stock dwindles), then there was probably around 500-600 Jasmines left as of late November/early December. Who knows how Christmas might’ve impacted those numbers, or how many are set aside for like, the parks or international markets. Or maybe this entire premise is wrong and the edition number you get doesn’t necessarily reflect how much stock is left idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I always wondered that too. Do they release in numbered order? For Jasmine I didn't get a very low number, maybe in the 5,000's? And Ariel I think may have been in the 2,000's (before I returned her). So I have no idea if that's due to number of ppl buying the doll, or are the doll numbers just scattered and unorganized before shipping. It'd be nice to know, ha.

Congrats on getting Jasmine a little cheaper!

Back in 2013 I bought the Mother Gothel Designer doll when she went super clearance for a little over $20 at shopdisney after coupon codes ....I believe this was the summer and they wanted them cleared out for the new fall release, but I forget exactly....she was up on the site the longest and forever. There were 13,000 in that edition and the number I got on clearance was in the 800's. So I don't think there is any "let's sell the lowest #'s first" or there wasn't back then.
As far as collectibility - some may say "I just want to enjoy my doll" - Yeah, I did too. Then I had a ton after 5 years of collecting, and I kept wanting the newer ones but was running out of space and hey...a lot of money was tied up in the dolls themselves. So, a collector will decide to sell an older doll to get a new one. If you break even with the newer high prices, great it's like a trade-in. If you profit, even better because now my doll fund is in the +. But when your doll you enjoyed so much for 10 years is worth less than you paid, you will wish then that maybe instead of 10K there was only 5K made and you could feel the decade of taking care of it was worth trading up. I'm super happy my 2011 Ariel that I paid $60 for was able to be sold 9 years later at the price to be able to get 5 new dolls at no additional cost. That is why collectors care about future value :)

Last edited:
Back in 2013 I bought the Mother Gothel Designer doll when she went super clearance for a little over $20 at shopdisney after coupon codes ....I believe this was the summer and they wanted them cleared out for the new fall release, but I forget exactly....she was up on the site the longest and forever. There were 13,000 in that edition and the number I got on clearance was in the 800's. So I don't think there is any "let's sell the lowest #'s first" or there wasn't back then.
As far as collectibility - some may say "I just want to enjoy my doll" - Yeah, I did too. Then I had a ton after 5 years of collecting, and I kept wanting the newer ones but was running out of space and hey...a lot of money was tied up in the dolls themselves. So, a collector will decide to sell an older doll to get a new one. If you break even with the newer high prices, great it's like a trade-in. If you profit, even better because now my doll fund is in the +. But when your doll you enjoyed so much for 10 years is worth less than you paid, you will wish then that maybe instead of 10K there was only 5K made and you could feel the decade of taking care of it was worth trading up. I'm super happy my 2011 Ariel that I paid $60 for was able to be sold 9 years later at the price to be able to get 5 new dolls at no additional cost. That is why collectors care about future value :)
That is a truly amazing doll story. :D I see the potential in dolls becoming valuable, at least after the initial sale on the ShopDisney site.

I hope that I can keep all of my current dolls that I've bought so far...but I see the sense in holding onto a few dolls to sell, because some of the newer dolls might be amazing. And then an older doll doesn't look as amazing anymore, and we might want to trade up.

I have one doll I am considering that for. I got the Premiere Belle a few years ago as one of the first Disney dolls I ever bought, but I've never had the desire to take her out of the box yet... Maybe I'm secretly wishing to find a replacement and use any extra revenue to fund more dolls. Ugh. If money just wasn't an issue, I'd be happy to keep every single doll.

Last edited:
Jut ordered! I can’t wait for her to come in the mail, she’s so beautiful! I’m always blown away at how much better they look in person ! One thing I finally noticed that I didn’t in the original promos are the blue accents in her outfit such as the earrings, the belt and the shoes. I do wish they would have gone just a little further with the blue accents but overall I think they did a very good job on her.

I’m so appreciative to Disney for increasing the edition sizes. I know some collectors may not like that but I personally don’t purchase dolls for the collecting value, I purchase to personally own and enjoy them and having an increased edition size has not only made this collection less desirable to scalpers and resellers it has also made this collecting process fun, easy, enjoyable and stress free. It makes me wonder if all the dolls will still be available on shopdisney by the end of the year and if there will be some kind of sale, but even so, I much prefer this slow and steady pace Disney is releasing them in. I personally don’t have an issue with the price at all. We’ve been paying this same price range for at least the last six years on designers and I think If they were lower in price , I’m sure they would sell out much faster and become scarce. It seems like Disney found the perfect sweet spot. With the disappearance of Disney stores and issues of product demand and competitiveness, I feel as if Disney put a lot of thought and strategy into releasing this line.
Im not sure if it relates to the doll, but looking at the source code for the listing, it says it will ship on or around 02/09/2022...i was trying to find how much stock is left, cuz ive been able to find that out on other sites, but i think the one per person limit is whats blocking it from showing.

I'm having a huge problem with ShopDisney at the moment. I put up a review of an item about a week ago, and to be honest, it was not a flattering review, but it was an honest review. And I explained my point fairly. This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to leave a review on this site, so I felt it was important.

I checked on my review everyday for the past week and noticed that some people did not take kindly to me being constructively critical of the item, and "down-voted" my review. Which I fully expected and was okay with. But what was more interesting was the fact that it had twice as many "up votes". (The "is this review helpful" thing.) So i know that there were other frustrated ppl like myself out there.

Fast forward to day, the review is GONE. I tried searching for it a few ways, but I believe it has been scrubbed. Unbelievable. If that is the case, then someone "reported" the review and ShopDisney actually overstepped the boundaries of free speech and took it down! The internet can't just be a place of one opinion on everything. It has to have all to be fair! Otherwise we're only get part of the story, part of the feeling.

I'm more frustrated by the fact that they took away my free speech, rather than the actual review itself. This is beyond ridiculous.

So then what's to stop Amazon or every other company from scrubbing negative/critical feedback of an item?

Edit: technically free speech is not protected in a private company, but if all respectful reviews are not allowed, then what is the point of having them?

Last edited:
Back