• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2022 Pin Discussion & Pin Releases 💬

Status
Not open for further replies.
2022 Pin Discussion & Pin Releases 💬
Colour me officially confused. I'm circling back to the discussion we were having about holiday party pins. Disney said they didn't have enough time to get MNSSHP pins made for this year because they weren't sure if it would happen, and yet a spirit jersey, shirts, bowl and blanket have all made it in time for most of the parties. I'm sure pins take longer but I can't imagine the rest of the merch is that quick either?

Also: what happened to the 25th anniversary merch of MNSSHP??? I'm really hoping they didn't destroy it because there's no reason they can't still release it now that we're actually having the 25th MNSSHP season. I swear they were hyping the 25th anniversary of the parties before they realized they couldn't have them, and now I can't find any of the hype.

COUGH IT UP DISNEY.

Colour me officially confused. I'm circling back to the discussion we were having about holiday party pins. Disney said they didn't have enough time to get MNSSHP pins made for this year because they weren't sure if it would happen, and yet a spirit jersey, shirts, bowl and blanket have all made it in time for most of the parties. I'm sure pins take longer but I can't imagine the rest of the merch is that quick either?

Also: what happened to the 25th anniversary merch of MNSSHP??? I'm really hoping they didn't destroy it because there's no reason they can't still release it now that we're actually having the 25th MNSSHP season. I swear they were hyping the 25th anniversary of the parties before they realized they couldn't have them, and now I can't find any of the hype.

COUGH IT UP DISNEY.
Different merch teams have different modes of approval and deadlines. Pins are kind of the red-headed stepchild of merch, hahah! So they frequently get late approval and have (randomly) much tighter regulations that most apparel.

Also, with pins, they are hand-made to an extent (enamel has to be filled in by hand), so there's really no way to "rush" it the way you can with screenprinting apparel.

Most of this is just conjecture from different conversations I've have with pin managers and stuff and my own experience with enamel pin making. But I doubt I'm too far off the mark.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

According to the Event catalog, there was supposed to be an online release from the One Family event with some pins on Shop Disney today, but I'm not seeing them anywhere?

According to the Event catalog, there was supposed to be an online release from the One Family event with some pins on Shop Disney today, but I'm not seeing them anywhere?

bb62711fe9ae4d4a6ed558983c9cf166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COUGH IT UP DISNEY.
There was 25th anniversary merch released at the outlets during covid. I was able to get an ornament. It is cute I def wish there was more!!

bb62711fe9ae4d4a6ed558983c9cf166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't have been that big of a hiccup in shipping if they're going to sell the entire stock on the UK site first. Ugh. I swear, there was no point purchasing a ticket this year. I probably could've gotten a similar experience with $5 at the Holiday Inn. It really sucks that people that attended the event won't get access to the best catalogue pins. ): I shouldn't have to pay someone for a pickup for an event I attended or pay for overseas shipping if I want to nab a pin before it sells out.

Thanks for the input Merlin! I was thinking of merchandising on a broad sense but it makes sense that they work in separate departments.

Also sbmpins, I thought I saw 25th merch at the outlets but I gaslit myself into thinking it didn't exist because I couldn't find anything in my halloween decor collection. Bummer they didn't hang onto it, I don't think it was dated outside of marking itself for the 25th.

I'm gonna stop being a negative nelly and scooch off though.

Can't have been that big of a hiccup in shipping if they're going to sell the entire stock on the UK site first. Ugh. I swear, there was no point purchasing a ticket this year. I probably could've gotten a similar experience with $5 at the Holiday Inn. It really sucks that people that attended the event won't get access to the best catalogue pins. ): I shouldn't have to pay someone for a pickup for an event I attended or pay for overseas shipping if I want to nab a pin before it sells out.

Thanks for the input Merlin! I was thinking of merchandising on a broad sense but it makes sense that they work in separate departments.

Also sbmpins, I thought I saw 25th merch at the outlets but I gaslit myself into thinking it didn't exist because I couldn't find anything in my halloween decor collection. Bummer they didn't hang onto it, I don't think it was dated outside of marking itself for the 25th.

I'm gonna stop being a negative nelly and scooch off though.
It is absolutely worth getting frustrated about. Splitting the catalog was definitely not a good move. I get it for the themeing reasons (one family), but if they do it again, I know a lot of people who will just wait it out.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Here's Saturday's Releases at Paris
Open Editions
Thumper
Pinocchio on Ride Vechile
Bambi Booster Set
Chip and Dale as Pinocchio and Geppeto
Goofy as Jiminy Cricket
Pinocchio Ride Logo
Stitch as Pinocchio Puppet
Thumper Lanyard with Pouch

LEs
Mushu 30th Fairy Garden
Jafar 30th Fairy Garden
Maleficent 30th Fairy Garden
Ursula 30th Fairy Garden
Pascal 30th Fairy Garden
Timon and Pumba 30th Fairy Garden
Kaa 30th Fairy Garden
Dumbo 30th Fairy Garden
Cheshire Cat 30th Fairy Garden
Genie 30th Fairy Garden
3 Fairies 30th Fairy Garden
Ariel 30th Fairy Garden
May be a cartoon of text that says 'SAMEDI27 AOUT ENVENTE EXCLUSIVE PIN PANPAN OE VEHICULE LANIERE PANPAN 13€ PIN MUSHU JARDIN PIN JAFAR JARDIN BOOSTER PINS PANPAN PIN MALEFIQUE JARDIN PIN URSULA JARDIN & P PIN PASCAL JARDIN PIN DINGO JIMINY PINOCCH PIN TIMON PUMBA JARDIN 166 PINGECHIO PIN ATTRACTION PINOCCHIC PIN ARDIN 166 PIN DUMBO JARDIN PIN STITCH MARIONNETTE PINOCCHIO OE PIN JARDIN PIN GENIE JARDIN PIN FEES JARDIN PIN PETITE SIRENE ARDIN'

Preview for September Pink a la Mode Pins.
The first WAVE of our newest on-going series; Stained Glass. First series is featuring your favorite VILLAINS. Wave 1 coming soon. Series 1. Disney Villains, collection contains a total of 12 Disney Villain Pins. Limited Edition 300. Retail price of $39.90.

Preview for September Pink a la Mode Pins.
The first WAVE of our newest on-going series; Stained Glass. First series is featuring your favorite VILLAINS. Wave 1 coming soon. Series 1. Disney Villains, collection contains a total of 12 Disney Villain Pins. Limited Edition 300. Retail price of $39.90.
Is there a way to see these if you don't have instagram?

In the description of this Giselle ornament , it says there is a Legacy Sketchbook pin to go with it. Does anyone know where or when?????
There should be another wave of these ornament pins to come out in the coming weeks as not all of the pins that match the ornaments are out yet. I've been following the series and I'd say within another week or two for Giselle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back