3/24/19 DSSH Magnificent Pin Trading Event - pictures

Discussion in 'Event Coverage' started by jadeites-lady, Mar 24, 2019.

1. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

Oh I def missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    288   0   0

One....hundred....pins?!?!?! YEESH! Even so, I don't think I can swing doing D23 so shortly after Fairy Tails, so I guess I'll just have to hope that the majority of those 100 pins are things I don't collect.

3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Ha! DPF surrounded you. My daughter was 22 green.

timeerkat and watzshakinbacon like this.
  4. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

HOLY CROW! If that's how much, I'm sure I'll just grab what I need for me and save the rest for the rest of the line. No traders for me!

5. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Hmm.. this is interesting?

I don't remember them selling or trading pins at D23 before.

Maybe just for the attendees of this event?

Curious!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

6. Killerslayer

Killerslayer Just here for pins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Oh man that's so funny !!

7. Killerslayer

Killerslayer Just here for pins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

They said this would be the first time doing this. This replaces a event they would've had.

The real question is: is there a separate ticket or different line for this.

8. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Curiouser and Curiouser! ;)

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

watzshakinbacon and akarih like this.
  9. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    522   0   0

Hmm....I am going to guess a separate ticketed event....but wouldn't that mean they would have to rent a bit of space....hmmm...

Connies_Hobby and chubs191 like this.
  10. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

I think with the volume, it might just be FCFS for everyone. I'm sure we'll find out in a couple months tho.

11. curiousdinah

curiousdinah Active Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Alright, can someone let me know how the pulls here compare to a WDW pin event ? After seeing the board pull I am more tempted to go in August for the pin event...and the fact that SWGE has me gun shy of going near the park anytime after August 29 makes the event look better and better. The timing and my vacations are bit of the hang up. I know there won't be DSSH and PTD pins at WDW, so what usually pops up?

12. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

The vague announcement I heard at the Magnificent trading event was more worded as "we usually make an announcement for our next event, but this year we are doing something different. Not really an event, but better than an event. This summer DSSH will be at D23 for the first time ever." I didn't quite catch the next part which may have been the more than 100 pins comment... but that comment was followed with something about "... anyway lots of pins being released."

So my conclusion will not be an event, but just them having a booth for the first time ever at D23.

I wonder if they may do multiple releases using their lottery system throughout the convention. Anyway, just thought I would share my take on this particular announcement.

Also, does this preclude another pin event for 2019? It was just an announcement for what they consider to be their 'next' event. I do not recall if they said this would take the place of a fall event.

chubs191 and watzshakinbacon like this.
  13. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

I pulled a Maleficent Window of Evil AP off the WDW boards last year. Also pulled an unrelease LE pin. There were hidden mickeys on the boards for the upcoming releases and HM completers for older sets (I pulled pin Pin# 131191, DLR - Hidden Mickey 2017- Signs - Fantasyland Restroom Completer.) There were quite a few park LEs and many were APs. When the boards get picked over though... you might find nothing.

14. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

@curiousdinah

There were threads for the Love is an Adventure hauls and the Animation Celebration. People posted pictures of pins they pulled. As @TheMickeyMouseRules wrote, it depends on the board and and your expectations. I have been able to find lots of AP or PP pins from Park mystery sets on the boards in the past. Sometimes there is very little on the board if it's been out for awhile.

Here are a few examples of pins pulled: My niece found the AP version of the Rapunzel throne from the throne set on a board. My nephew chose the AP version of a Dale Christmas tsum because he collects Chip and Dale. I've seen AP versions of past event pins on the boards.

It's fun trading at the boards if you like mysteries as you never know what may be in a board.

Hope you can make it.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  15. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Half the DPF table on the DSSH insta story, forgot to post...enjoy the back of my head...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connies_Hobby and Kerri780 like this.
  16. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0

Enjoyed reading all your comments and looking at all your pics! It looks like it was alot of fun! Thanks so much for sharing!

17. Firstladychap

Firstladychap New Member

0   0   0

Does Utah have anything like this I’m new to the game

18. akarih

akarih Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

@Firstladychap sadly no if you're not in california, florida, or near an international Disney park, it's very difficult to find pin events

19. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

There are private (non disney) trading events in other areas. Chicago, Minnesota, new Jersey come to mind. Salt Lake City might be ripe for creating an event if one does not exist.

Firstladychap likes this.