• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A claification of my Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
A claification of my Identity

iwontgrowup

AKA BlueStreak on Pinpics.com
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been a member here for quite some time but have not participated in this Forum very much because I found it easier to use PinPics for trading since that was the location of the database and the numbers that seem to be used for identification of pins. On PinPics my screen name is BlueStreak. Since I have just recently been notified that there is a means of trade reference here on DPF I would like to clarify that Iwontgrowup and BlueStreak are one and the same person. My COLLECTION, WANTS and TRADES can be seen on PinPics under BlueStreak. I did not realize this reference existed after the freestanding reference site closed down and left us all stranded. I will be spreading the word on PinPics so there may be an influx of new members here. As soon as I get some tags made up I will be including them in my trades requesting a referral be left here after a successful trade.

Can someone please step in here and explain to me how to check , and leave feedback which is the referral system I believe.
Thanks

Someone asked what I collect. Peter Pan, Walt Disney, Trains, are my primary targets but I also collect sets of LEs like Pin of the Month. I do get to DLR most Thursdays except when I am travelling. I try to get to WDW at least once a year for a week or so. Check my account at Pinpics for my collection, wants and trades.

Last edited:
Feedback here is only left for trades or other transactions initiated on Disney pin forum.

You might want to ask for your name to be changed to your PinPics name.

Feedback here is only left for trades or other transactions initiated on Disney pin forum.

You might want to ask for your name to be changed to your PinPics name.

Is this by choice or by rules? It would seem to me that a referral is a referral and is good information for any trader to have available. It would be a shame to get scammed by someone because nobody told you they were a "badguy" and just as bad to miss a trade because you were not trusted due to lack of feedback. If that is the rules I guess I can live with it, but probably won't like it.

There's a section here in the pin trading forum, a thread called pinpics traders, members here post the names of the people who they've had successful trades with on pinpics. You should see if your name is already on there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Is this by choice or by rules? It would seem to me that a referral is a referral and is good information for any trader to have available. It would be a shame to get scammed by someone because nobody told you they were a "badguy" and just as bad to miss a trade because you were not trusted due to lack of feedback. If that is the rules I guess I can live with it, but probably won't like it.

Pretty sure it's by rules. I doubt the owners or admin would want to get involved in a trade gone bad that wasn't conducted on this forum and for which someone relied on feedback on this forum that didn't originate here.

That's why there was a requirement to link to an active trade thread when we moved over here.

Hello and welcome back! I don't think the feedback is only for transactions initiated on DPF. As long as the other trader is also a member, I think it's fair game. I've made PinPics trades and it turned out that they were DPF members, so we've left feedback for each other in that way.

What do you collect (besides PODMs)?

Pretty sure it's by rules. I doubt the owners or admin would want to get involved in a trade gone bad that wasn't conducted on this forum and for which someone relied on feedback on this forum that didn't originate here.

That's why there was a requirement to link to an active trade thread when we moved over here.

In the Giving Feedback thread, posted above, Cicada said he was fine with DPF becoming a place for feedback.

I don't mind DPF becoming a "feedback resource" for traders — th more the merrier :p so if people want to come here and use it as such, they will have to participate in the forum, as feedback is only available to registered members, AND only to people who are eligible to post in the marketplace. (so, 25 posts, 10 days registered before they can give feedback).

But he also said, that he wants people to be active members here too. OP, take note of the requirements mentioned and see if you meet them. Leaving feedback is simply clicking the "Add Feedback" Link which is under people's info on the left side of posts. If you don't see that link, it likely is because you haven't met the requirements, and it will show up when you do. You can check a person's feedback profile by clicking on the green, red and gray boxes with numbers that are right above the "Add Feedback" link. Again, if you don't see them, it's likely due to the requirements.

In the Giving Feedback thread, posted above, Cicada said he was fine with DPF becoming a place for feedback.

But he also said, that he wants people to be active members here too. OP, take note of the requirements mentioned and see if you meet them. Leaving feedback is simply clicking the "Add Feedback" Link which is under people's info on the left side of posts. If you don't see that link, it likely is because you haven't met the requirements, and it will show up when you do. You can check a person's feedback profile by clicking on the green, red and gray boxes with numbers that are right above the "Add Feedback" link. Again, if you don't see them, it's likely due to the requirements.
Thanks for the clarification. I am working on getting enough posts. I know I have enough time.

Cicada also says:

I've completely disabled URL enforcement, so feedback shouldn't have any more issues related to that — I am however, concerned about abusing the feedback system since there isn't any sort of enforcement in place; aside from a restriction of leaving up to 10 feedback every 24 hours.

If all the participating that is going on is just to meet the requirements of the 25 posts/10 days minimum member and then off to leave feedback, I'm pretty sure it's going back to be the way it was, to be tied to a specific thread, as that was his intent when we moved over to this forum. Why? Because a lot of new people can come here, create fake accounts to bump up their feedback and start scamming people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back