• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A Tale, A Trade and A Zap of a lifetime!

ZAPPED! A Tale, A Trade and A Zap of a lifetime!

froggerway

nobody cared then
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Last year a trader sent me a pin trade request for a Fox and the Hound pin I had listed in my traders. It wasn’t a trade that I wanted to make so I politely thanked them but respectfully declined. The trader contacted me again, apologizing if I thought the trade was unequal and would I be willing to browse her pins for something else that may catch my eye.

She had as some great pins but nothing that stood out to me and I told her that while some of her pins would be more than a fair trade, they just weren’t my thing. She then asked what pins on my wants list would I accept for the particular F&H pin. After listing a few, she said she would try to trade for one of those and then ask again for my F&H pin.

It wasn’t long before she pm’ed me again to tell me she had been successful in obtaining a Lucifer the cat pin I had been seeking and would I still be willing to do the F&H trade? My pin #50336: DisneyShopping.com - 2006 Advent Pin Set #1 (Tod and Copper Playing) For her pin #91754: DisneyStore.com - Classic Cinderella 5 Pin Set - Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella and Lucifer Only

She was offering me an LE250 for my LE1000. Granted, edition size is not always synonymous with trade value, but character popularity wise, they looked near equal to me and I was worried that I might be taking advantage of an extremely thoughtful trader. I emailed her back to agree to the trade but I also mentioned that I had pin #56063: DisneyShopping.com - Friendship Day Series - Tod and Copper and would she rather trade it for the Lucifer instead of the Christmas pin? She said no, the Christmas one was what she wanted and we made the trade. I even told her how as soon as I had removed it from my trade list, I had immediately placed it back on my wants list because it was a beautiful pin and I was more attached to the Christmas Fox & Hound than I was the flower one.

Fast forward to this month when out of the blue, she emails me again, saying that she felt guilty for taking a pin from me that I had obviously held dear. After many trades, she had been able to acquire another Christmas F&H pin and wanted to know if I’d trade again, this time for the flower F&H pin.
I was so touched that a trader would do that! Literally, hold on to a pin and make huge attempts to do everything they could to acquire a second pin of one they already had so that they could make such a selfless gesture in gifting the pin back to the original trader. In all of my years pin collecting I have seen some truly thoughtful gestures but nothing like this and it really touched me that she would go to so much trouble to return the pin to me!

I happily agreed and we went about mailing out the pins to each other. My LBE arrived and when I opened it, not only had she sent me back the Fox & Hound Christmas pin we had agreed to, but she also zapped me Pin 81045: WDI - Cosmic Wave Cats – Marie. The return of a missed pin PLUS the zap of a pin I have wanted for awhile is and was incredible and brought tears of surprised joy and happiness to my eyes.

729169380a79c2ac5a8429a0e22ff0f5101c3c8e.jpg

Offonpluto, I am so thankful to have had the honor to have met you through pintrading and to be the recipient of your openhearted gesture. As I told you in our emails, you are one in a million and a trader beyond worth! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for gifting me as you have. Your generosity is something I will always remember.

Back