• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

About the limited releases tomorrow (Nov 29)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the limited releases tomorrow (Nov 29)...

LadyBarclay

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So Disneyland has some pins coming out tomorrow...a Haunted Mansion, Under the Sea, and two Windows of Evil. I have never been to a pin release like this, and I'm looking for any info/advice on the best way to go about it. (Tried looking for past discussions about it on the forum, couldn't find any).

I have admission to the parks. I believe the store just inside Cal adventure, to the right, will be one of the places selling, is this correct? I'm guessing/hoping stores inside the parks would be less crowded than pin traders in DTD?

... My motivation is the Aurora Windows if Magic coming up next year. I figure if I want to get that pin, I'd better learn how to navigate these LE release days! :D

I missed out on Chernabog, but I did get Dr. Facilier, and the Under the Sea with Merlin and Arthur! I got there much later than planned, though. Note to self: no other errands before Disney! Although the errand was getting my tire fixed...kinda important, I guess. I heard from a cast member that Pin Traders in DTD opened at 7 am for the release! When I asked if there was any place online I could find out about things like a store opening earlier than usual, he said not that he was aware of, and his best suggestion was to call them ahead of time to see (he was a pin trader, too, so I quizzed him on some pin sale stuff). Looks like there are several places that can have the LEs on the first day; others have said Pin Traders will usually be the first place to sell out. I found the Facilier window at Westward Ho in Disneyland (suggested by a person who had recently picked up his there), and I bought mine at about 11:30? Like I said, I was late! :eek:

Got some advice from forum members in the chat room as I was walking around, and also ran into Connies_hobby and Shelterkat at the park!:D

And I'm so glad it was just a test run.

Yeah, for the super popular releases (mostly just these windows, or if anything is low LE), you gotta be there when the park opens. Windows of Evil have been selling out usually by 10/11am they're just insanely popular (even in the pouring rain!).
DTD Pin Traders has various hours of operation, and I've heard of them opening early for these releases.
You gotta take into account that people will also stay at the hotels, or talk to friends staying at the hotels, just to get their Magic Mornings passes so they can enter the theme parks an hour early (I saw a guy do this with a group, and then they hit every shop in DL that sold the pins and he got 14 windows...).
Pin shops in DL: Main Street Emporium, Main Street Music Shop, Westward Ho in Frontierland, and Little Green Men Store Command in Tomorrowland
Pin shops in DCA: Katz and Sons on Buena Vista Street, Humphrey's across from Soarin, and Embaracdero Gifts near Little Mermaid ride.

Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but hopefully it helps for the future or anyone else who needs the info. Glad you got one of them at least!

Yeah, for the super popular releases (mostly just these windows, or if anything is low LE), you gotta be there when the park opens. Windows of Evil have been selling out usually by 10/11am they're just insanely popular (even in the pouring rain!).
DTD Pin Traders has various hours of operation, and I've heard of them opening early for these releases.
You gotta take into account that people will also stay at the hotels, or talk to friends staying at the hotels, just to get their Magic Mornings passes so they can enter the theme parks an hour early (I saw a guy do this with a group, and then they hit every shop in DL that sold the pins and he got 14 windows...).
Pin shops in DL: Main Street Emporium, Main Street Music Shop, Westward Ho in Frontierland, and Little Green Men Store Command in Tomorrowland
Pin shops in DCA: Katz and Sons on Buena Vista Street, Humphrey's across from Soarin, and Embaracdero Gifts near Little Mermaid ride.

Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but hopefully it helps for the future or anyone else who needs the info. Glad you got one of them at least!

Thank you this is so helpful...one more question, when I was there in November for the PTN and the release the next day, it was also the same day as the alien popcorn buckets...is there another forum or place that I can find out other merchandise release dates? I had no idea what was going on and just stood in a line and so glad I did they are so cute.

I got a Pluto one to for my dog walker who loves Pluto. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you this is so helpful...one more question, when I was there in November for the PTN and the release the next day, it was also the same day as the alien popcorn buckets...is there another forum or place that I can find out other merchandise release dates? I had no idea what was going on and just stood in a line and so glad I did they are so cute.

I got a Pluto one to for my dog walker who loves Pluto. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know, for popcorn buckets? no. I don't entirely know how people find out about those release days unless they're posted on the Parks Blog Disney Parks Blog

Special edition, or Limited Edition merchandise, art, figures, books, pins etc are posted here
Merchandise Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back