• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice on D23 pins?

Advice on D23 pins?

ohsweetmel

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I have a TON of stock of D23 pins. I'm a WhatNot seller (hockeyfisch is where I go live since we have 300 followers there, under my husbands name, and I'm ohsweetmel) and we've been showing there. However, its not been getting much traction. Where have you had success? Ebay, mercari/poshmark, fb groups?

I have all the dresses (havent decided what I'm parting with yet), all glitter princesses, villians, villian portraits, some cuties from Baymax (only the side characters), songs we grew up with, paint cans, feathered friends, all circle of books, berry cutes, classic movie posters, the world of peter pan and snow white, dogs, instrumental cast, some joy in the park mystery pins, 8 boxes of villian mystery boxes and 10 classic boxes, all deadpool pins, disney maps, the adorb robinhood and one of the mulans. PHEW! So i have great stock, even some I have 2 of, but I don't know how to reach people.

Any/all advice is so so appreciated and I am so thankful for this community!

Congrats on getting D23 pins. You could post a sale thread here as well, I know people have had success selling on Facebook and eBay. Not sure about Mercari or poshmark.

Agree with canadale. I find very good success posting right here. And it helps support the forum!

My ones that don’t sell here, I post on my IG (pinnerdo) and that usually is the end of it. Those rare cases that go beyond that end up on ebay. But they’re expensive.

P.s. I need four villains from Tuesday (and two premieres but you didn’t mention those) so would love to see a sales post from you. 😁

Agree with the others that selling directly on this forum or creating/utilizing a social media platform account to sell directly to your buyers is the best way as the selling platforms of the various apps/services take a portion of your sales and some even take from the shipping cost also. I tend to use Instagram to purchase park pick ups and others pins I find priced within reason.

You can use the feedback scoring from this forum to look to see who are good traders and buyers. You can see from everyone's feedback here that we're a good bunch of honest people here.

I think one sticking point for potential buyers is the various payment types that you have available to use. Some of us may not have accounts with each type like myself. I'm too casual of a buyer to open some many accounts for payments as I usually do pin trading.

As for your question about outreach, I have seen many WhatNot sellers use Instagram to post pictures of what they plan to sell on their WhatNot app. The link to their WhatNot account is in their bio.

PS: there are a few WDI Villains I missed so I'll be interested in any you may have :phineas:

Wowzer----- Congratulations on your Haul.

Hope you had a good time at the Expo. Sounds like you were Very Busy.

If you happen to have the Cheshire Cat Paint Jar, or the Cheshire Cat UK pin, I am interested. Would prefer to Trade.

Thank you.

P.S. As @TiggerSue said, you have come to the right place to find these pins a Good Home!

Back