• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice on valuing collections I've given up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice on valuing collections I've given up?
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
So I collect a LOT of pins, and recently I have given up collecting Merida and Belle. Here are the collections as of today:
IMG_3252_zpsd773f17d.jpg

Its bad quality I know, sorry, but hopefully you can see just what I'm talking about.

Obviously the Merida collection is worth more than the Belle. I've never given up collections like this before, I just don't want to collect them anymore, but when I posted that I had them for trade, everyone tried to take advantage, like since I had a lot I would sell it at a super low price or I got some really REALLY lowball offers...

How should I go about trading them? I want people who collect them to have them and be happy, but I also want a decently fair deal.. I don't really know what to do with the DSF Merida riding Angus pin since its so popular, I feel like it's more than the normal DSF/GSF/DSSH pin? I don't normally value pins on ebay sales, since I only trade... but I'm kind of at a loss now.
Any advice?

Disclaimer: I have never collected Belle or Merida, BUT --

For Belle, I would sell those as a lot. For a beginner BatB collector, that's a nice start to a collection, and I feel like you'd be more likely to move them as a lot than individually.

For Merida, I would individually price each pin based on last eBay sale (or sale here on DPF) and consider Trade Auctioning Merida on Angus.

Edit: Sorry, I only just saw the last line about how you only trade. (Should probably wear my glasses more often, :lol: ) Sooo... this post was probably useless... :facepalm:

Last edited:
I recently sold most of the belles you have there for about $10 a piece, some $7/8 and others $5/4, of course your LE ones are worth a little more. Merida on Angus is your best Brave pin there, followed by the Mother's Day/Father's Day and the carousel and then the UK one (the others aren't worth as much).

I have given up a lot of collections for others (or just slimmed down).

If you're looking to get rid of them, selling Belles would be a little better (especially if your wants are harder to come by pins) and trade/sell your brave pins from the bottom up so you're not just stuck with the less tradeable / desirable pins.

Whenever we have decided to downsize we just add them to our traders. Then you can send out requests to get pins you are happy with. Unless you need the money, don't sell them. You will have more fun trading them. In my opinion of course.

I decided that I am going to sell the less valuable Belle pins and keep the Merida and higher trading value Belle pins for trading. Thanks for the advice guys, helped a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back