• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Analyzing a Pin Mystery! (feat. Rani from Pixie Hollow)

Analyzing a Pin Mystery! (feat. Rani from Pixie Hollow)

ladyroselie

Water Talent Fairy
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
For Christmas my husband got me one of my longtime pin wants, the Disney Shopping Fairies Framed Set (#52263). However, something has always bothered me about this set...

46476414231_f10fb935c9_c.jpg

Why is Rani standing next to herself?! With different colored wings no less...

46476413051_a77eba79e4_c.jpg

Both versions of the pin artwork has been used in different pins. Disneyland Paris Rani (44785) and Disney Fairy Series Rani (53571).

46476412171_114b6923dc_c.jpg

46476412441_68c03992ec_c.jpg

As a matter of fact, even Rani's wings have had different shapes, they more swirled appearance of the pink wings, and the straighter shape of the blue have both appeared on various Rani pins.

Example of the swirly shape, Disney Shopping Fairies Rani (43934):

46476410911_bf19b6071a_c.jpg

Examples of the straighter shape, Mini Pin Rani (52354) and Tinker Bell & Friends (40966):

46476411721_c3130b91c9_c.jpg

46476410321_b29f39fbfd_c.jpg

Now you may be asking, "what the heck Disney?! How could you put two versions of THE SAME FAIRY right next to each other on a framed set?" Well, my theory is that the sitting Rani was actually supposed to be someone else. Now there are several of the main book fairies missing from this set - Lily, Bess, and Beck. I personally think that the sitting fairy was supposed to be Beck the Animal Talent Fairy and after this set was made the artwork of sitting Rani made it onto another pin (53571). Here is a picture of Beck's wings for reference, they look a lot like the pink Rani wings to me and the sitting pose makes sense for an animal fairy.

45752919584_61ed267f24_c.jpg

So... what do YOU think? How could Disney mess this up? Who was the extra Rani supposed to be? Did they just think she was a separate fairy or was the art messed up when it was supposed to depict Beck or someone else?

Either way, Rani is one of my favorite fairies so I don't mind having more pins of her, but I will be dismantling this set because of this. Thanks for joining me on this silly fairy pin mystery!

It just occurred to me how silly this is, since in the first book (Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg) Rani cuts off her wings to swim with the mermaids and save Neverland! As far as I know there is only one pin of Rani without her wings, a Hidden Mickey that I don't have yet.

Back