Anyone in Oregon want to start a trading group?

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by terrahaunts, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrahaunts

terrahaunts New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am determined to set up a group in Oregon to trade Disney pins. I live on the coast in Florence, so Coos Bay, North Bend, Eugene, Springfield, or even some where between here and Portland. I go to California and get pins every few months, we could start a great trading group. Who wants to join? Please let me know so we can set it up for March or April, 2015.

:anxious:

2. StitchTrader

StitchTrader Member

Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0

My family lives in Silverton and are light pin traders. We might be interested in going to a Eugene/Springfield for an event (will get me back to Cabela's as well!)

Keep me in mind and if schedule works Id love to go

3. MaidMarian

MaidMarian Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Some friends and I might be able to come as we're right below Jackson County. We already visit Portland about once a year. Any of the locations you mentioned is fine, but Coos Bay sounds kinda fun. :)

4. sockgnome

sockgnome Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    200   0   0

Count me in! I live in Medford, and I've been dying to trade in person with other dpf-ers!

5. Melonballer

Melonballer Award Winning Producer DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

There is a pin group setting up a meeting in February in Vancouver, WA. If they do not post here in the next day or so I will get the details and post them here.

6. Goofy_Moe

Goofy_Moe Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

Ok this is my first post in quite a long time... We just moved here to Oregon and we brought along about a dozen or so boxes of pins... Coming from So Cal we have a ton of stuff... I thought our trading days would be over, but if you have a gathering I am sure we would make it...

We now live on the coast just south of you in Winchester Bay...

Maybe if we ask real nice, we could convince Docfish to make the drive down... Just trading with David is as good as a pin event...lol...

7. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    255   0   0

Moe! Welcome to the Northwest! :D

I could make it down to Oregon sometime if given enough advance notice. :)

8. docfish2u

docfish2u Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight

Rating - 100%
    735   0   0

Did somebody say docfish? Moe do you have space for a pin get together? We need to plan something!!!

9. Goofy_Moe

Goofy_Moe Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

We will as soon as I finish the construction... I have about 2-3 months before our home upstairs is completed... Then we are good to go... With our store downstairs we have everything we could ever need...LOL... We miss all of you... Hope we can work this out...

10. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

So I mentioned the Pin meet up in Vancouver the other day. It is being run by a Facebook Group called NW Pintrader Nights. It is an open group that anyone can join.

Their Inaugural meet up is at Leonardo's Pizzeria in Vancouver, WA on February 21st. Here are the details that the organizer sent me. He would like people to contact him on Facebook for a head count. If you are not on FB I can pass along a message.

We are NW Pintrader Nights. Right now the group is open so everyone can see everything. We are meeting at Leonardo's Pizzeria at 16505 SE 1st St. in Vancouver on Saturday February 21st from 2-4. If the numbers get large enough we may add some time. Booster Packs and Beyond out of Florida is sponsoring with discounted pins, booster packs, start up sets, door prizes, and other things. Open invite. Kids welcome.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  11. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

If you want to contact the group directly here is an email address: Aposkibum@aol.com

12. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Oops. The info in the original post was not correct. I have corrected the date to February 21st, not the 1st.

13. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

NW Pintrader Nights have extended the time from 1 to 4pm.

14. cakinslow

cakinslow New Member

0   0   0

Hi, my name is Colleen. I am new to pin trading and would like to join a pin trading group in Oregon. I live in Eugene; my email address is colleenkinslow75@gmail.com.

15. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Hey everyone. I just wanted to remind you about the pin trading event in Vancouver, WA on February 21st. The event is from 1 to 4 PM at Leonardo's Pizzeria. The event is being sponsored by Booster Packs and Beyond out of Florida. They are offering door prizes and will have pins for sale there. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or post here. You can also contact the organizer at Aposkibum@aol.com .

16. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

By the way everyone. If you have not contacted the organizer, Dennis at his email (Aposkibum@aol.com ) please do so with a head count. He wants to get an idea of how many people will be there. Last I heard it will be around 20. Also we are getting the space for free, so he owuld really appreciate if everyone could buy something at the restaurant. Thanks.

17. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

You can get events sponsored by Pin sellers?! Wow!

18. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Apparently so. I am not the organizer, just a person who wants to spread the news to hopefully make it more of a success.

19. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Tomorrow is the big day. I know Vixy and I will be there. I hope to see some of the rest of you. I will do a report afterwards to let you all know how it went.

20. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

So the pin event this last weekend was a big success. We had over 20 traders attend and Booster Packs and Beyond brought some great pins to buy. There were limited edition pins from WDI as well as plenty of Open Edition pins, lanyard sets and starter packs at great prices. Leonardo's Pizza was good and the space was comfortable. I highly encourage people to try out their meets. I will post when they announce the next one.

21. Melonballer

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

The admins of NW Pintrader Nights have set the date for the next meet. It will be May 16th at Leonardo's Pizzaria in Vancouver, WA. I will post more details as I know them. They have also announced a tenative meet in Seattle for September. There is no date for that one yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.