• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone use baseball card pages to store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use baseball card pages to store...

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I am thinking about storing my pins in the baseball card notebook page inserts.
Has anyone tried this? I am sure I have seen pictures of this, but would like to know pros and cons of this system.
Thanks!

I do for my OE/Rack pins. For the ones that don't have backers, I pin to the inside of the pouch. and for the ones that have backers that are to large... I bought a 3-ring-style zippered "pencil" bag and store them in there. Also when I don't have a backer card, what I found that works best for me are index cards. I cut them to fit and then I can make notes on the card.

I do for my OE/Rack pins. For the ones that don't have backers, I pin to the inside of the pouch. and for the ones that have backers that are to large... I bought a 3-ring-style zippered "pencil" bag and store them in there. Also when I don't have a backer card, what I found that works best for me are index cards. I cut them to fit and then I can make notes on the card.

Great ideas. Thanks.

I use the plastic card sleeve pages. I go to a local magic/comic/gaming store which sells a variety of the 8 1/2 x 11 pages with either 1, 2, 4, 9, or 12 pockets. The pages are only 20 cents each so I can easily buy what I need. I also pin through the plastic to prevent slipping and my pages are in a 3" zipper binder which I bought from Walmart. I make cards when I have to out of old scrapbook paper. Have fun organizing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the plastic card sleeve pages. I go to a local magic/comic/gaming store which sells a variety of the 8 1/2 x 11 pages with either 1, 2, 4, 9, or 12 pockets. The pages are only 20 cents each so I can easily buy what I need. I also pin through the plastic to prevent slipping and my pages are in a 3" zipper binder which I bought from Walmart. I make cards when I have to out of old scrapbook paper. Have fun organizing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I use the zippered binders with the plastic pocket pages and have not had many complaints.
The vinyl pages work a little better because the three hole edges do not rip as fast as the plastic ones.
As was mentioned before, you can get 9, 4, 2, and 1 pocket pages easily.

In desperation I bought cheap plastic pages one day and they were a disaster. Many of the holes have ripped and they are very floppy when you turn the pages. When I get a chance to work on my trade binders I will replace with better pages. I also use the Case-It zippered binders which I try to buy when they are clearing out the back to school merchandise. They work great. I know some people use regular three ring binders, but I would be afraid of pins falling out.

I use the ultra pro and I double up the pages-- so I put the pin in the front pocket and pin it thru 2 pages-- just makes it a little sturdier.

I use the base ball pages to store my traders in there very good and easy to place pins in the pockets would highly recommend them i brought mine at Walmart for $2/3 $ make sure you get the extra strong ones otherwise the holes will ripe easy hope this helps

I use the base ball pages to store my traders in there very good and easy to place pins in the pockets would highly recommend them i brought mine at Walmart for $2/3 $ make sure you get the extra strong ones otherwise the holes will ripe easy hope this helps

Thanks!

I use the Ultra-Pro pages as others have mentioned. It is more heavy duty so it does not tear like cheaper ones. I use playing cards as backers for pins that don't have backing cards. Works well for my Alice pins. (kind of matches the theme.) For bigger pins, I use larger pockets (2 or 3 or 4). I find them on Amazon. There is a set of pages with different sizes that sells as coupon organizer. It has nice variety.

i use these, but instead of pinning through the plastic I put a small bit of tape at the top of the pouch when the pin is in danger of slipping out. I just use regular 3 ring binders, extra wide spines. Enjoy yourself.

In desperation I bought cheap plastic pages one day and they were a disaster. Many of the holes have ripped and they are very floppy when you turn the pages. When I get a chance to work on my trade binders I will replace with better pages. I also use the Case-It zippered binders which I try to buy when they are clearing out the back to school merchandise. They work great. I know some people use regular three ring binders, but I would be afraid of pins falling out.
:bigthumb: Yep, the "case-it" binders are great! And easy to use! You can also get the plastic sleeves from MLB.com ... (Major League Baseball) These are heavier plastic and come in a variety of pocket configurations ... besides the 9 pocket type I also really like the 3 pocket version! These work great for pins on bigger backer cards! Another tip ... when you put your pin pages in the binders, do it in a way that rotates the way the pages go into the binder ... by having the pin back sides of two pages together and then next two pages of the fronts of pins (in the pockets) together, you get more space in your binders AND your pin backs are always facing each other never rubbing against a pin face (even though it's in its plastic pocket)! Sort of hard to explain but hopefully you understand! :)

You're going to want to use these pages:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3VQO65/?tag=thebroketogra-20

^^You might be able to find it on ebay cheaper, but we can't post links to ebay items here^^

and these kind of binders (for traders)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SQZHKW/?tag=thebroketogra-20

If you are looking to put your keepers in it, then you can go with a regular 3-ring binder, but you might want to use the same type of pocket pages.

The others that aren't heavy duty are flimsy and break due to the weight of the pin.

Here is what I ended up with:
Mead zippered three ring binder with a handle - kind of like a briefcase.
Baseball inserts. I think these are the flimsier ones, but I will upgrade them as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back