• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ATTENTION! About all of the China Scrapper Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION! About all of the China Scrapper Emails

iamdisneydan

The Bald Guy In The Back
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Hello Guys and Gals. For the record, this has been going on for years. Please do not panic and as ROCKE01 mentioned, this is like a form of terrorism as now everytime someone sees one of these pins they will immediatly figure its a scrapper.

Can YOU tell the difference? Do you know what to look for? There are about 20+ things you can check and look for all the way down to basic grammer and spelling.
Again, you must educate yourself and if you are unsure about a pin, just ask. I am sure 20+people will comment and help guide you in the proper direction.

But forget about that, here is my suggestion. I have received 8 - 10 of these emails in a period of 1-year. Maybe the fact that Disney is in my name means something to them. Each time I receive one, I do what Judy has done and just turn it over to Disney and let them take care of it. Its all you can do and what you should do. In the event they are able to prosecute and take action, the more ammunition they have the better.

Please forward the email you receive directly to:
tips@disneyantipiracy.com
and you can briefly explain that you received this email and certainly do not support this and would like it stopped.

As for people asking how they get our email addresses, I have explained this over and over so the point is, they do! so when they do, just forward it to Disney.

I have found it is easier just to forwad the email to them that way they have everything they need.

If for some reason you want to corrospond the old fashioned way, you can mail to:

The Walt Disney Company
Antipiracy Group, Corporate Legal
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-0527

Dont let this ruin our hobby. Dont let this ruin your day. And some of you may hate me for this and many will agree but someone mentioned that as long as a pin is not one that is currently being made is would kinda be considered a fantasy pin and they would like to have it. You are still supporting a counterfeit factory.

There are plenty of USA pin makers who make only Fantasy pins and mean no malice or illwill towards Disney and are not trying to profit by fooling you. Buy from these people. There are also regular people like you and me who design pins and have them made. A great example is a Fantasy artist pin made by Evilos. He is not misrepresenting the pin, it is an artist pin and he made it an LE100.

Check out sites that make fantasy pins in the USA. They are not knocking off pin's, just making cool pins of their own. Buying any pin from China is not a good thing, even if its not an official Disney pin and this continues to give these people hopes of continued sales.

Its like supporting a terrorist who is selling cookies to raise money for bombs (ok maybe a bad example but you get the idea.....)

If everyone stopped buying them, there would be no demand and that would put them out of business. Unfortunately, as I mentiones, at least 1 - 2% of the people they contact will buy them.

Its like when the cops go after the Johns instead of the prostitu***. The prostitu*** will always be there but if they take away all the johns........

Maybe we should be more angry at the people who DO BUY THESE PINS! They are the ones we should go after and as far as legal action, there Disney has a case because by receiving these pins from China is Illegal as it is directly copyright infringment and a felony in the good old USA. Not only that, it has crossed state lines so the felony is even bigger (more years in prison)

Last edited:
dispinmaker.com site doesn't seem to exist, at least I can't pull it up...late night curiosity got the best of me....

Thank you for the email Dan. This lady from China has been emailing me (I'll admit, I've been trying to get pictures out of her of this "stock" she keeps talking about) and so now I think I will turn her over along with these emails & pictures to Disney. I just never knew how or where to start!

Thanks again!

None of the messages this person sent me had any virus' in it, even the images. I'm very good about running anti-virus software. I sent it off to Disney, we'll see what they say. :)

I get offers all the time. I think they get my email from pinpics because Pin Group owners need to have their email addresses public.
j

I just showed somone else on this site how easy it is to get your email address. They dont even need pinpics, just DPF. Any site where there is email corrospondence it is easy to get. In your profile, I can send you an email to your personal email address. Its that simple. Just send to @email. Come on people, it is that easy.

I get offers all the time. I think they get my email from pinpics because Pin Group owners need to have their email addresses public.
j

That's a good point because I only ever get them on my address that I use for pinpics groups.

And Dan, I'm not sure I follow what you mean. My username here on the forum is different then the email username I have. Plus, how does one know if that person uses gmail, yahoo, aol, att, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back