Auction for authentic park props and stuff, including pins!

Snoffsan

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Wow! Just came across this page Rediscovering Disneyland

They are doing an autcion with LOTS of Disney stuff. Some AMAZING stuff. There also were some pins. I just wish I had the kind of money that will be needed.

Just look at this!

Who doesnt need a Disney trash can remade as a wine fridge! That is like the best thing I have ever heard of! ME NEEDZ!!!

t5XEfTh.png

I also want all the Club 33 stuff! Imagine settig the table with Club 33 Plates! And those Ears. I need the ears! And all the pins! When I visited Club 33 in Shanghai they were all out of pins :(

LOsQ7Zp.png

U67lk93.png

ky7tff5.png

And WOW. Imagine having a piece of the actual castle in your home!!!

V5zJXRU.png

Or one of these BEAUTIFUL benches!
O2hL2pV.png

And of course something for all you Figment lovers!
UaeXRZI.png

I think its better you all just go check it out. The catalogue had 376 pages of stuff they are going to sell soon.

brattyjedi

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
There’s some really cool stuff in there for sure! The actual park stuff is the highlight but the memorabilia is cool too. There are a few general items that I’ve definitely had, some I might still own. Such a nostalgia trip.

I question some of their expected prices though. Either the people pricing / bidding on this auction don’t know the market very well, or I’m missing something. This Coronado Springs pin set, for example, is only a 3 pin set (note how Donald is duplicated) and is available on eBay in numerous quantities for around $20-25 not the expected $300-500. I don’t see anything in the listing about this set being special somehow and I don’t think all the eBay ones are fakes / scrappers. I just thought the set was produced in large quantities and given for free to so many people with no interest in pins so lots of people looking to dump it. Perhaps I’m wrong?

22d8d5bbc3f1444f8dfff72dbc96b452.jpg

Mcgilligan

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There’s some really cool stuff in there for sure! The actual park stuff is the highlight but the memorabilia is cool too. There are a few general items that I’ve definitely had, some I might still own. Such a nostalgia trip.

I question some of their expected prices though. Either the people pricing / bidding on this auction don’t know the market very well, or I’m missing something. This Coronado Springs pin set, for example, is only a 3 pin set (note how Donald is duplicated) and is available on eBay in numerous quantities for around $20-25 not the expected $300-500. I don’t see anything in the listing about this set being special somehow and I don’t think all the eBay ones are fakes / scrappers. I just thought the set was produced in large quantities and given for free to so many people with no interest in pins so lots of people looking to dump it. Perhaps I’m wrong?

I literally bought this last month (April 18th to be exact). I spent under $13 for it (including shipping and handling).

Snoffsan

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Yeah I notices a park map poster from 1979. I just bought one because I thought it was fun that its from the year I was born. The one they pictured had creses and slight damage and they said 100-200 dollars! No way its worth that. If it is I need to fram mine because its in better shape than theirs!

Looking through it looks like the lowest price they put is100-200.

pretty_Omi

Resident Smol Wolf
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

VE Galleries is very respected in the animation art world, and park artifacts, but yes, they do tend to overvalue any pins, or also plain posters that sometimes come their way.
I have bought some animation art from them over the years, and they clearly have ties to some high end collectors who buy all this old park stuff which you're hard pressed to find elsewhere.

hopemax

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
188   0   0
Van Eaton started doing Disney auctions in 2015. The first auction the items all belonged to a single, serious collector, and I guess it went well enough that they had several other collectors contact them. Their prices are notorious for being insane. People will pay way more for items than you think. I think these things are more for serious collectors where finding a rare item is harder than paying for it. Think of people like John Stamos or Robin Lopez (basketball player) who are known Disney fans. Money is no object, if the item is something they want, through a reputable source.

I do have my eye on one thing, because their expected range is barely as much as what it regularly goes for on Ebay, while you can see many items have an expected price of much more. But seeing as that item has a bid, I am sure I am not the only one who noticed the low range.