• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Auction! You'll have to click to find out! Ends Monday Oct 1st, 2012 8pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Auction! You'll have to click to find out! Ends Monday Oct 1st, 2012 8pm PST

Nekov

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Deadline is Monday OCT 1st, 2012 at 8:00pm PST (GMT - 7:00)

Wasn't going to ever sell/trade this and figured even though the box was damaged and missing the lid the pins would be nice as they were in the picture but unfortunately yet again :facepalm: more issues.
And you might ask "Didn't you contact the seller first before you bought?" Yes, yes I did and this is what they said:
"This set of pins has never been worn, there are no dents or scratches, but, yup, there is dust and I have a fairly mediocre camera."
But as usual, when it arrived it wasn't as described.
:facepalm:

I really don't feel like opening a case and ripping them a new one as this was the sellers brothers and he passed away. As much as I want my money back I really would feel like a complete *** sending it back and demanding a refund.

This is about the 5th time I've encountered this set and as always have the same issues or similar. Though considering the imperfections on the Designer Villains and Designer Princesses, can't say I'm surprised.

SO in short, sorry for the long explanation, I decided, I'll just auction it off instead! Someone might want it despite the minor to major issues.

Issues:
Phillip: 1) Itty bitty dent in his chest. 2) Small thin scratch on the blue puff of his shoulder. 3) The part of the cape where he is holding her hand is skin colored instead of red. 4) A few paint dips here and there (seems to be the normal imperfection for this set).
Aurora: 1) Blue line on her hair near her waist. 2) 2 itty bitty dents on the bottom of her blue dress. 3) A few paint dips here and there (seems to be the normal imperfection for this set). The most prominent one on her is the crease on the bottom of her dress, a line going horizontal, it's hard to take a picture of it.

The back of this pin has the paint from the box stuck onto the pin back. I'm assuming for having been in the box for a long long time. So my guess is the others have the same issue.

Phillip's Father: Scratch on the red part of his coat.

Birds: No imperfections. Unsure of the back.

Squirrel: No imperfections. Unsure of the back.

Merry Weather: A few paint dips here and there (seems to be the normal imperfection for this set).

And for all of them, most of the gold parts look tarnished in small bits and pieces, but that's probably just me.

The box: Very creased and there's a hole punch'd size hole in the back.
==========================================

Pin 31982: Disney Catalog - Sleeping Beauty Boxed Set (5 Pins)
Click for larger image.

----------------------------------------------------------
I do NOT collect anything with Tiana, Pocahontas, Cinderella. I don't collect any boosters aside from the ones listed in my wants and I do not collect any starter pack pins.
No Mickey or Mickey & friends, no vinylmations, etc.
-----
I collect Pins in my wants and I DO collect princesses and some Disney girls.

Alice in Wonderland: Alice
Hercules: Megara
Hunchback: Esmerleda
Tarzan: Jane
Little Mermaid: Vanessa

Ariel
Jasmine
Aurora
Snow White
Giselle
Mulan
Merida
Rapunzel

However, do not be afraid to bid.
I don't mind random bids that aren't in my wants but I'd prefer my wants as the pins in my signature are all I have left to complete my first board.
All I ask is that you at least try to keep it close to it's value $110-120 (Yes what I paid (Well more like husband paid X3), but under false pretense.).
(All I know is a full set in Perfect condition is usually sold at $200 and a set with imperfections (more common than not) goes for anywhere from $99 - $170 depending on who sells it.)
If that seems unfair or greedy or someone wants to start drama, please step away from this thread! <3
If I really had to I'd just get my money back but I'd rather not, so this is my first resort.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once the auction has ended I will announce the winning bid as a final post before closing the thread.
Winning bidders (including international) will pay the shipping for their own pins to me and I will pay shipping for my pin to them.
Thank you and good luck!

I just finished removing about 50 pins lol XD, but I do collect princess and some disney girls as the list above denotes.
But like I said, any bid that isn't my wants or not something I collect is still welcome as long as it was close to the value. :)
It's more of a trade to trade if you want to think about it that way.

Someone might want this to get rid of their traders, their traders become my traders (or I might keep if it catches my eye) and I trade to another trader so on and so forth XP.

Any chance you could add to your wants list? I think your auction would be way more successful if you do :0)

I'll bid:

Pin 28534: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Ursula in the Mirror (Vanessa Reflection)
Pin 92098: Stylized Princess Portrait - Rapunzel
Pin 64998: DSF - Glitter Star - Alice in Wonderland
Pin 76213: DSF - Alice in Wonderland - Alice on Teacup
Pin 16142: History of Art - Sleeping Beauty (1959) Hinged
Pin 90210: Brave - Opening Day

Current Leader-board:
The PINkeeper (AHHH PRETTY!) / tyleet87 (Ursula is calling my name XD!)

Currently a tie! This definitely will be interesting ^^

We would like to bid:

pin15534

Pin 15534: The Search For Imagination Pin Event - Dream (Briar Rose)

pin28283

Pin 28283: Princesses With Their Horses (Mulan & Khan)

pin29065

Pin 29065: DLR - Little Friends (Aurora with Squirrel)

pin34075

Pin 34075: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Alice and Dinah in Floral Frame

I'll open my bid with:

Pin 70755: Disney Store Europe - Romance Series - Snow White
Pin 91558: Disney Store Europe - Sleeping Beauty Dancing
Pin 1949: Germany ProPin - Hercules Set (Megara and Hercules Hugging)
Pin 92098: Stylized Princess Portrait - Rapunzel

(Not familiar on how many to list for current leader board, like all bids or just the top 3, top 5 etc but I'm going to do top 3. Hope that's alright ^^)
Love the bids so far! It's been making it very difficult to choose! I like the pins not in my wants but at the same time I can't resist the ones offered in my wants X)! How will it end?! 11 hrs-ish roughly to go!

Current Leader-board:
Hannahmation
fireheadfred
The PINkeeper

Here is my bid -

pin28534th72
Pin 28534: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Ursula in the Mirror (Vanessa Reflection)

pin48635th72
Pin 48635: Tinker Bell - Flying Halloween Witch *Comes on Original Backing Card*

pin83453th72
Pin 83453: DLR - Alice in Wonderland - Logo *Comes on Original Backing Card*

pin92098th72
Pin 92098: Stylized Princess Portrait - Rapunzel *Comes on Original Backing Card*

We would like to bid:

Pin 15534: The Search For Imagination Pin Event - Dream (Briar Rose)
Pin 28283: Princesses With Their Horses (Mulan & Khan)
Pin 29065: DLR - Little Friends (Aurora with Squirrel)
Pin 34075: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Alice and Dinah in Floral Frame

We would like to add these pins:

To our previous bid of these pins:

I absolutely loved RaChEltheRabidRabbit's bid for the Witch Tinkerbell but Hannahmation stole my heart with that last second bid!

The winner is Hannahmation!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful bids everyone! I will be posting a new Auction shortly (not for the same pins but for something else) so don't worry if you didn't win this one!
(Though I know this one was the prize of prizes for some x3) I wish I had more! Maybe in the future I'll run into another and if I do I will definitely auction again instead of sell :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back