Auto-Watch Threads

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Happily Ever After, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Evenin’ All!

Small “issue” - it seems whenever I reply to a thread, I automatically watch that thread. Now some threads I have manually set to watch, but I don’t want to watch every thread I post to. :D

I see it’s an option under “more options” when I go to post to uncheck watch, but is it possible to have this setting off from the start so I can manually select what to watch?

Thanks!

- Forum Noob :)

2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Hi there @Happily Ever After ! Just to clarify: are you saying that your default setting is that you automatically watch a thread to which you post and you have to go into 'More Options' and manually remove this option to not watch a thread?

If so, that's so weird; as far as I know, what you are requesting should be your default setting. I know my default setting is
    to not watch threads. I have to go into 'More Options' and choose to watch threads if I so choose - and either nobody else has had this problem (or nobody else has asked about it). I can try to look into this, but I'm not sure I've got much/really anything to go on, maybe after I've slept on it, I'll think of something; @Cicada do you have any ideas about this?

3. Happily Ever After

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Correct! I figured it was weird! Maybe it’s because I’m typically on mobile? But yes - each thread I must select to NOT watch the thread manually.

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I have no idea. I've checked my own settings and don't see an option

5. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

That might be a possibility; I post through my laptop, not my mobile. I'll give it more thought and see what I come up with; @Cicada do you have any ideas?

6. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

It isn't in the settings, per se. If you go into the 'More Options' box (below where you type posted messages, the farthest right of the three options), following a particular thread should be one of the choices contained within.

7. Happily Ever After

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aha! I finally found it, just posting here in case anyone else has issues.

If you click on your profile from the top menu, there’s an option for “preferences”. Within this menu the option for, “Automatically watch media that you add or when you comment...” was defaulted to checked on. I turned it off and I’m all set now!

8. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

You're absolutely right, I had forgotten about those options. Thank you!

9. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

Thank you for this! This has been driving me crazy for a bit (I've just unsubscribed to every thread once I post.)