Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Ajk, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0

I'm trying to change my avatar as I have done many times in the past and it doesn't seem to be working. No matter what I do, it keeps reverting to my current one. Anyone else having avatar issues or is it just me?

2. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0

@Ksnuggles @starry_solo Do you know if there is an issue with avatar updates currently? Or am I just lucky? Thanks!

3. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Baby Yoda Crazy!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I must be lucky, too, @Ajk !
    I just tried this and my avatar won't change. If I just click the upload new avatar, it thinks it uploads it, but the same photo stayed in view. Next, I deleted the current one. That showed as deleted, and the avatar came up with the default grey image. I selected a different avatar to upload to replace the default, and it came back with this same one that had been there before. Odd.

Ajk likes this.
  4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

I have no idea. I'm not changing my avatar....

5. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0

Yup. That's exactly what happened to me. Looks like that functinality is busted. Thanks for confirming.

6. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0

Thanks. but looks like I received confirmation it's not working. Is there someone's attention I should bring that to for possible remediation? Would that be @Cicada ?

7. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

It is not just you. I tried changing mine too and it is not working. @starry_solo can you send @Cicada a message

Ajk likes this.
  8. hiddenjumprope

hiddenjumprope Possibly a mermaid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Adding my own issues to this thread since you linked me.

Having the same problem, I've tried uploading the same avatar on mobile and computer, tried .gif, .jpg, and .png in different sizes as I originally thought that was the problem (had issues with file format/sizing on other forums in the past). Nothing, it just makes my avatar a broken image placeholder. So I deleted it to go back to default.