• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Avengers Campus opening was the best place for pin... people!

Avengers Campus opening was the best place for pin... people!

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Yesterday, after a stop at Stage 17's Backlot Premiere Shop in the Hollywood Backlot to get the opening day pins (a limited release and an LE jumbo), plus picking up the LE jumbo pin released last week of the land's Avengers "A" icon, I went to the opening day of Avengers Campus at DCA.

While the WEB Suppliers store in the land carries pins (and I think the little kiosk next to Pym's Test Kitchen carries pins, too) - Stage 17 is still a great place to go to buy Marvel pins and other Marvel merchandise, just FYI!

And while there is still no pin trading happening at the DLR, there certainly were a lot of pin people that I got to see for the first time in ages, including @pretty_Omi who I ran into... where else.. right in front of Loki's meet & greet! Ha! :D #greatmindsthinkalike

It was so good to be back in DCA seeing friends again! But I really missed pin trading and hope they allow it again soon!

Yesterday, after a stop at Stage 17's Backlot Premiere Shop in the Hollywood Backlot to get the opening day pins (a limited release and an LE jumbo), plus picking up the LE jumbo pin released last week of the land's Avengers "A" icon, I went to the opening day of Avengers Campus at DCA.

While the WEB Suppliers store in the land carries pins (and I think the little kiosk next to Pym's Test Kitchen carries pins, too) - Stage 17 is still a great place to go to buy Marvel pins and other Marvel merchandise, just FYI!

And while there is still no pin trading happening at the DLR, there certainly were a lot of pin people that I got to see for the first time in ages, including @pretty_Omi who I ran into... where else.. right in front of Loki's meet & greet! Ha! :D #greatmindsthinkalike

It was so good to be back in DCA seeing friends again! But I really missed pin trading and hope they allow it again soon!
So is there no pin trading at all? No lanyards and no boards?

So is there no pin trading at all? No lanyards and no boards?
Nope. Nothing.

The few guests I saw wearing lanyards were the tourist/collector type of pin lanyards - wearing for show and for souvenirs - not traders.

No cast wore lanyards and I didn't see boards (though granted, I didn't go into multiple stores). I was expecting after the 15th that things would open up for trading, but since our governor is apparently going to still keep things locked down at theme parks, I'm losing hope that it will happen any time soon, even between guests if cast members feel obligated to stop that kind of activity if they see it (I don't know if they will, but it's possible). :(

I'll add it's particularly annoying because I'd spent the previous year building up my Marvel traders with plans to do a lot of trading for whatever newer pins came out with the land. Guess my trade bags stay at home and I just buy what I like. Boo.

Just as a quick FYI - these were the pins I got (duplicates were for a friend):

ou7A3Sd.jpg

The jumbos are huge (and the price matched lol)!

Back